main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I think a marathon is in order

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by wicket_the_ewok, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    I think we should watch all 6 movies in one viewing. but we need someone with a really great TV and sound system. Hmm, who could i be thinking of [face_thinking]

just a side note, ROTS made 158.5 million dollars the four day it has been out. it made 50 million opening day and 108.5 million this weekend. the Titanic is sinking.

2. Mando_Ithorian

Mando_Ithorian Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I'm game. Please just schedule the event a week in advance, so I can plan on it. LOOOOong? Yep. But an interesting idea.

You, uhm, want to watch the first two films, and the full Clone Wars animated series of course, then go to a cinema for SITH, then back to a place for some version of 3-6, either VHS or DVD, your call. AND if you want to spend more time you can view the SW holiday special between ANH and Empire.

Ouch. You have to stay awake for how long?

3. Soler-Vector

Soler-Vector Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    sounds like a plane just let me know whin and wher.

4. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Well, if your going to include the STAR WARS Holiday Special, might as well throw in the Ewok Adventures. Count me in.

5. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    On second thought, perhaps a marathon would be better suited for the release of Episode III on DVD.

Let's plan to get together for a viewing of Episode III and follow it up with dinner at a restaurant with geek_talk.

6. Bakh-tor_01

Bakh-tor_01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    I agree with Swamp lets wait for the DVD release.

7. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    Let's plan to get together for a viewing of Episode III and follow it up with dinner at a restaurant with geek_talk.

I am definitely up for this, hopefully soon. I feel bad that I missed you guys opening night.

8. Spide143

Spide143 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2005
    I work at the Boys and Girls Club and I have arranged for the kids, a marathon that would last five days (one film per day) ending with ROTS on a Saturday afternoon. The club has a DLP projector and I show the films against a wall (Picture is about 72 in wide) I am still learning how to use the projector, it has a hundred diffrent configurations and I havent found the perfect setup for quality. But it's still really cool.

It would be perfect for an all-day marathon with one notable exception, it gets REALLY hot! If someone else has a DLP, we could alternate projectors to give them a break. I may be able to borrow it over a weekend but that's not a certainty.

9. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    What about using the Boys & Girls Club for a meeting? Then you wouldn't have to remove the projector from the work space.

10. Spide143

Spide143 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2005
    I will scope out that possibility. It is a HUGE space. We have a technology grant that requires us to open our Tech center to the public. We have a ten user, wireless laptop setup with internet access. Lan party anyone?

I will look into it and pm you Swampsurfer.

11. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Im game!

12. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    What? LAN party for SWG, sounds great to me!

13. Ubigod

Ubigod Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 16, 2003
    A marathon would be better with all the Movies on DVDs. I think a LAn party with Jedi Knight series would be better. But that is just my twoo cents

Ubi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.