main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson I wanna be a jedi /imperial/trooper and/or sith thread--- costumes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Sep 6, 2005.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I think I want to complete shaak ti in more accurate terms.. and I want to get Jake in some armor.. though jake wants both.. he wants clone commander and obi wan perfection.. this may take some time.. if we see any great ideas anywhere post them here and we can research.

I know Mugen and Jada both have pretty great costumes already. However.. if they feel the need by all means let's make more!!

2. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    hal.. soon as you decide I am ready to pick up patterns if you want to go look at them.. perhaps sas.. or hancock.. or walmart..

3. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    Hey, for Jake, how about the Obi-wan outfit in Clone Wars Volume I. The one where he is in armor with some robes over it. Then he can get the best of both worlds. padawansguide.com has someone tat did that costume. Course, we can go to that website for other idea's for costumes as well.

4. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Hal, one word for you man, JAWA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean it! You're perfect for it. My friend did a Jawa for C3 and was a hit. It is also an easy costume to make.

5. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    OY!!!

I was avoiding the whole Jawa thing, but if it will work I will look into it. Maybe I can get a cardboard box and go as "Gonk" the power droid. :)
    I was also thinking of Daniel Logan's (sp) Boba Fett from ep. 2 but I don't think that would be too interesting to most people.

What I was thinking for the long run (this would be a lot of work) is Boushh (given Fisher was taller but I can pull of the smaller size).

Sorry if I'm silly but I still have the migrane and I'm home from work.

6. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    I hear you on the migraine. I had one yesterday.

Believe it or not Jawas are real crowd pleasers and that was one thing I learned from Monday. You can have a fantastic costume that you've put in tons of work but once the Stormtroopers and Vader show up, they take center stage. And a Jawa gets that kind of treatment too.

7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    jawas and boushh both will get a lot of attention.. either way you go.

8. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Now Boushh would just be awesome, thats got my #1 vote!

I have the material for a Jedi Cloak and the new Simplicity patters, but Im thinking more dynamic, being in the armor will just do that to you.

I am actually thinking about going for broke and buying a rubies Supreme Vader, because I want to be Vader! That, and we need something big for the club. I can slowly build up my professional vader and ebay off the individual parts as I replace them, but Im thinking of getting one before the DVD release, what do you guys think? go for it?

9. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    been thinking about a Naga Sadow costume...but then again, it seems WAAAAAY to much skin showing and too much bling, bling too. So I AM going to sonstruct a 100% accurate Jengo Fett costume. (Jengo is my man!...he may be headless but my homie none the less)

10. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    OK, after seeing the response the Troopers and Vader got on Monday I am more and more leaning toward anyone who can pull off a Vader, Fett, Trooper type costume should.

Those really pull in the people and get the most attention. The rest of us are dressing unless we can pull off a Slave Leia and I don't think anyone except my darling TK-2970 wants to see me in a Slave Leia Metal Bikini [face_clown]

11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    how much is the rubies vader going to set you back. Certainly , when looking at the supreme edition of the costume the only part that does not look very good is the cape.. at least from the photo on the rubies website.. I don't know... you have to make that decesion.. if there are ways to use that costume and perhaps create as you said to add to it as you go.. is there a place you can look at an official rubies supreme vader costume in town?

12. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Here is a nice review of the cotume with some pics. Even if the capr is light and the plastic seems thin, I really wantt he ribbed body suit for my Dark Empire Luke costume anyways (Dave Dorman Style) and if I really hate it Ill ebay it off! The chest and belt boxes look nice, the gloves might be the thin ones you see rubies selling seperatly, I dont know, but its worth it to me instead of waiting to build up a 5000 costume

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I am all for it.. I was from the start.. but I did not want to encourage you to spend $600.. I was afraid your wife would crown me over the head!! 8-}

14. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I didn't see the link to the review.

When do you expect to get it?

15. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Trust me Cathie, getting one is like a dream come true, but slowly getting it fiberglass is an even bigger one! lets try the link again

click on rubies, and the review and pctures are further down,

Hal I forgot where, but there are a few Boussh helmets on htis site some where which look nice.

I should have it before halloween, thats the best I can answer I am getting an awesome next check due tot he refugee overtime

16. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I am excited just thinking of seeing it.. can't wait. would be really kewl if we could get Hal a boushh outfit by then as well.

17. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I'm working on that, it's just going to take time, I'm really busy.

18. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Oh crap! I was confusing Boussh and Bossk.

Boussh would rock! \m/

19. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Hmm I forgot about the link rule, so its not working ion my previous posts, its www.starwarshelmets.com, click on Rubies to see the vader, and do a search for Boushh, I found a Boush tutorial, somewhere but have to find it again

20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Kewl! Tonight I took a small cue from Hal and did some work on our SW collectables.. nothing as grand as what you have Hal.. but it was fun setting it all up.. this way when everyone comes over on Saturday they will see it up. Wish I had the time to put up more though. I separated some of the things.. I put all/or most of my Padme' and Leia items in the bedroom.. and the other stuff is on the landing.. so everyone be prepared to come upstairs to see what I did..and any input will be appreciated!! wish they had Star Wars sheets/Comforters for a Queen size bed.. I am going to have to make a duvet for my comforter.

21. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I posted in the wrong thread just above this.. figures.. that's what I am always doing everywhere else on the forums!!

Do we have anyone that could be Luke? I wish almost that I were male.. so I could be Luke.. we could make my son a young Luke with Poncho.. for summer stuff.. that would be kind of cool.. though he wants to be a padawan.. I just think having Luke from ANH would be so kewl!! I always loved his costume in ANH and ROTJ.. the ESB was not as great on his costume in my mind. Wonder if Jake could do it.. he is not blonde.. but he is not dark brown either.. what do you think.. could Jake be Luke??

22. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    ROTJ would be super easy versus almost all of the others.

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    yes.. that one is all in black.. also.. he is oldest in that one.. so Jake would fit the part better. Actually, he would even dye his grey a bit blonder if that would help.. I think I am going to see if he is up for it.. he certainly didn't mind Obi Wan.. but with his job they are not ever going to let him grow a beard.. so not as easy to pull off Obi Wan. He shaves his mustache all the time anyway.. gets tired of it.

24. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Well, he could be someone else, someone helmeted, like Boba Fett, or we could rent a costume from somewhere, but we now know it will definetly not be movie accurate, I tell ya, I am really getting into this movie accurate costume bit, and lets face it thats the real draw at our charities

25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Well.. he is happy being Obi Wan... I just want us to have Luke.. it is just me... not that we need him to be anyone other than Obi Wan.. just I want a Luke.. and he is closest thing to a blonde we have