main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I would like to know how TF.N will respond to this...

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Danielrh9, Oct 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hung Solo

Hung Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 1998
    Probably.

2. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    They were banned because they were people who had previously been banned from the forum and returned under new names.

3. Lil Wookie

Lil Wookie Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Yes, but why erase all their posts? I mean, erasing posts critisizing you can be seen as sleezy...not to mention make them seem that they were right.

4. Taun_We

Taun_We Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2001
    Not Koreynl.

5. JarJarFields

JarJarFields Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2000
    Banning Koreynl?!

ARE YOU KIDDING?

6. Lil Wookie

Jul 8, 1998
    Will you calm down. You don't know if he was banned. For one thing, his posts are still here. There were some people who were posting here whose posts were deleted entirely.

7. Taun_We

Taun_We Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2001
    He was banned.

8. Lil Wookie

Jul 8, 1998
    Man, this place is getting a bit ban happy.

9. JarJarFields

Jul 9, 2000
    I am not getting overemotional here, but come on, this banning sounds a little extreme, don't you think.

10. Estelita

Estelita Jedi Master star 2

Oct 29, 2001
    That's what I'm asking. In this article, numerous specific examples are cited and 26 (I think) references are listed, and I don't see envy there. Did anyone look at these? I don't know who's right, really, unless I've heard the opposing side, but so far I've heard that other sites are just jealous and aren't perfect either. That's not convincing, and doesn't really make us here look good. I know we get more traffic here than any other site, but that doesn't invariably mean that any other fansite that doesn't like us therefore can only be that way because they're jealous and nothing else. Are you guys saying that the examples cited in this article are false? Or missing something? Can anyone tell me?

I've visited JN and other sites before. They seem pretty content to be numero tres, or wherever they go on the list, but what they don't like about us seems to be explicitly stated in that same article we've been talking of. I'm just wondering if these things are true.

11. Ternian

Ternian Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
    Koreynl is now in a better world...:D

12. DarthKlown2

DarthKlown2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2000
    There IS a site war going on at the moment (and this is the worst I have seen it). There seems to be quite a few people bringing the war to TFN and they are getting banned. These are people that merely care about Star Wars fandom as a whole, and not with being number one. Number One, Number Two, outside of TFN, who cares? It is merely semantics. What it comes down to is fandom. And I personally don't think TFN is treating fandom as a whole very nicely.

Patrick

13. The_Ultimate_Azeem

The_Ultimate_Azeem Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2001
    Unban these people at ONCE!

I am the REAL Azeem!!!!!

14. Lord_Tantuphilos

Lord_Tantuphilos Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2001
    It seems very childish on the part of the admins here to go on banning people for their opinions. After all, the whole concept of a forum is intercourse of ideas and different points of view. However, it seems that is not always welcome here. If no interchange of ideas is allowed, than what, pray tell, is the point of a forum or discussion board in the first place?

15. JarJarFields

Jul 9, 2000
    The problem with the admins is that they say that these people who come back after they have been banned are just trying to make trouble, even though most are just making intelligent valid arguments.

It is a pretty good excuse to ban those that question TFN, isn't it?

16. Lord_Tantuphilos

Nov 1, 2001
    Indeed you are correct. People have been banned for a good reason have no real place here. However, who has been banned for a just cause and who determines that. Are some of the admins. keeping things kosher or are they playing the part of the censor? I tend to think that many are being banned for merely preaching ideas that some admins. do not like.

The power to ban people is merely the quandry of authority and free speech in minature. Some times that power can be abused.

17. Riley Man

Riley Man Jedi Master star 5

Dec 19, 1999
    Assuming this lawsuit is for slander, and given the way things are going around here lately, it's going to be difficult for TFn staff to prove they were actually defamed. I only hope this opinion is taken as advice over dissent.

18. Lord_Tantuphilos

Nov 1, 2001
    The lawsuit(?) is irrelevent to the topic at hand. One cannot use an excuse such as defamation(?) to clamp down and start banning individuals for their possibly dissenting voices. After all, if everyone agreed on these boards, then why would anyone post anything?

19. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    "Koreynl is now in a better world...:D"

True, true ;)

20. Lord_Tantuphilos

Nov 1, 2001
    Good to see that.

Many people have given their lives in the pursuit of freedom. Freedom in which dissent is welcome and tolerated. In the past that has not been too much of a problem. Now though, these are trying times I fear. It is a pity that some of that valiant sacrifice has not rubbed off.

21. Ternian

Ternian Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
    The bannings are just another aspect of TF.N's lack of professionalism.

22. Lord_Tantuphilos

Nov 1, 2001
    And lack of security.

23. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    ThePrinceofAldera was NOT previously banned and did NOT return under another name.

I would really like proof of why he should be banned.

24. Lord_Tantuphilos

Nov 1, 2001
    Yes, the real proof will determine whether or not some mods. have gone 1984 on us.

Power to the People!

25. law-wars

law-wars Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2001
    Guys, calm down.

The more I read into all of this (at Aldera, here, Jedinet), the more I think that most people need to stop thinking so damn highly about themselves. This is absurd.

The more I hear about Scott threatening websites, the more I just laugh at his insecurities and juvenile behavior.

Really? Suing over Star Wars? What's next? GROW UP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.