main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

IDEAS FOR 2003

Discussion in 'Archive: Augusta, GA' started by bluestarwizard, Dec 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluestarwizard

bluestarwizard Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Yea, I should be able to get the money by then.

How many people would like to go to the Hothlanta Rebels dinner?

2. Headhunter0183

Headhunter0183 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2002
    Im up for the dinner!

Count me in!

3. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Hi guys! I would like to drop by the Hothlanta Rebels dinner, and perhaps go to Dragon*Con. I've never been to anything like that before. It would definitely be a new experience. :) Plus, it would give me a chance to see my Augustan Raider friends again, and meet some Star Wars fans from the Atlanta area also. :) So, I will definitley think about it. :D

JPK

4. DarthNivuahc

DarthNivuahc Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    Any Dinner Details?

btw: boards are back up... stinkin' security issue :mad:

5. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    The dinner details have not been worked out yet, but we have put plans into motion to begin contacting the folks from Trader Vic's, the restaurant where we held the dinner last year.

We'll post dinner details as soon as we get everything worked out. It will probably be spring before we finalize everything.

6. DarthNivuahc

Mar 29, 2001
    Trader Vic's, the restaurant where we held the dinner last year.

Ah-oooooooooo... Werewolves of London!

:D

wonders how many of you will get that [face_plain]

7. Headhunter0183

Headhunter0183 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2002
    You better stay away from him. He'll rip your lungs out Jim! Huh, I'de like to meet his taylor.

Yeah I got it.
    I love that song.

8. DarthNivuahc

Mar 29, 2001
    It figures...

My wife and the old fart are the only ones who get it ;) :p

Warren Zevon... he ever do anything else? ?[face_plain]

9. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    well i don't get it but i'll be going to the atlanta meeting tomarrow, anyone else planning on attending? me and my friend t.j. should be there. he's got some lightsabers he just made he wants to show off too..... :D

10. DarthNivuahc

Mar 29, 2001
    It's an old song by Warren Zevon called "Werewolves of London"... he references "Trader Vic's" in it.

Yeah... I'm old. :p

BTW Grimby, as an honorary member of our troop we'd be delighted if you joined us on our discussion forum!

//sings: "I saw a werewolf drinkin' a Pina Colda at Trader Vic's.... and his hair was perfect."

11. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    *posts in forum at best buy on stolen bandwidth*

ha! this is the best i can do at the moment. i don't get online much these days but it would make you proud to know that when i do, i always check this board. ;)

*spams board with smileys*
    :D [face_devil] ;) :) [face_plain]

and as for this band of ffers, what's the plan for the next meeting? how about going to that discovery center? (i think that's what it's called) i'm talking about that place that has go-karts and miniature golf and stuff. that would be cool because we could spar with our "lightsaber" golf putters.... :D

12. DarthNivuahc

Mar 29, 2001
    What a crafty guy! :)

MCG's library is open to the public and they have lots of computers connected to the internet.

When Best Buy runs you out you should give that a try. :)

13. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    haha! :p

Yeah, I'd like to go to the dinner!!! :D

What kind of restaurant is Trader Vic's? ?[face_plain]

I'm proud of you Grimby! :D :p

(especially for spamming the boards with smilies!!!) :D :D :D :p :p ;) ;) ;)

14. DarthNivuahc

Mar 29, 2001
    Malz,

Did you see the new smilies I added just for you at our discussion forum? ;)

15. DarthNivuahc

Mar 29, 2001
    BTW Grinmby,

The plans for our next meeting are all laid out is the afore mentioned discussion forum. ;)

Looks like we'll be having an all-day affair at my house to discuss group issues, eat some great food (I'll be cooking so you know it will rock) and general playing games/watching star wars/fan type stuff.

And, as always, you're welcomed to attend.

16. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    :eek:

Yay!!! :D

I'm at my Mom's with dial-up right now, so I can't do a whole lot... :p

Can't wait till the meeting!!! :D

17. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I must take a moment to say that it was wonderful meeting Grimby on Saturday. I'm very glad you could join the Hothlanta Rebels at one of our meetings. :)

Now, for those who would like more information about Trader Vic's, head on over to their website.

The atmosphere of the place is really neat, the service is usually excellent, and the food is pretty darn good. :)

18. bluestarwizard

Oct 25, 2002
    Sounds like my kind of food. It's gonna be great to meet the Atlanta FF. I grew up in Smyrna.

19. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Trader Vic's is a very, very neat place. I'm really looking forward to this year's dinner. :)

Just be prepared for when I order what is now called the "Flaming Eggroll." ;)

Oh, and there are candles and such to add ambience...but my group just uses them to set origami x-wings on fire. Be sure your health insurance is up to date before you attend. :p

20. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    LOL Minacia!!! [face_laugh]

This is gonna be interesting! :D

I can't wait!

You met Grimby Saturday? That's cool! :D

21. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    thanks mb! it was a pleasure to meet you as well and my friends and i had a lot of fun. that restaurant was exellent as well. i hope i get another chance to hang out with you guys before i leave. :D

*proceeds to new forum*

22. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Hey Grimby! :D

I'm glad that you and your friends has a good time on Saturday. Y'all seemed to fit right in with our wacky band of fans. ;)

I meant that as a compliment, of course.

You, and anyone else, are always welcome to join us for one of our meetings. :)

23. bluestarwizard

Oct 25, 2002
    That would be great. I make deliveries to Atlanta every week. Maybe I can make it to one of your meetings sometime.

24. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    If I'm ever in the area (I go sometimes with my Aunt when she has stuff to do) I'll see if y'all have anything planned! :D

25. bluestarwizard

Oct 25, 2002
    The meeting Saturday was great. I really had a lot of fun hanging out with all of you. Well, it looks like our next meeting is scheduled for March 15th. If anyone has any ideas about where to meet this time just post em here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.