main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ideas for Meeting and New Group Activities:

Discussion in 'Archive: Richmond, KY' started by Joey__P, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey__P

Joey__P Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2003
    Hey everyone,
    I wanted to start a thread that would encourage us to try and get involved in this chapter. I thought first we could get some ideas going, what people like and would like to see happen and then actually focus on a public meeting and then go from there. For those interested, please respond with your ideas and possible dates /confirmations. I'm not in school anymore, so weekends work great.

As for my ineterests and ideas:

Fanfilms! (actors needed, effects artists)
    Movie outings
    Monthly meetings and updates
    Convention trips
    Costumes, props and theme parties
    A Web site!
    Good times with new friends.

I propose Feb 21st (Sat) afternoon in either Lexington or Richmond.

Anyone else? Ideas and reccomendations please!

-Joey

2. Kai-Rhann

Kai-Rhann Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    I'll plan to attend, provided this flies. Cons in the region are a good plan, a website would be wonderful. Perhaps PM'ing the others who have posted on this forum (who are actually from the Richmond/Lexington area) would be a good idea, as I think that they don't actually check up on this forum.

~Kai Rhann

3. JustinZ

JustinZ Jedi Master star 2

Jul 23, 2003
    I'd be interested. I'm in Lexington. Like Joey__P, I'm not a student, so weekends are best for me too.

Justin

4. Joey__P

Aug 18, 2003
    If we start to have more people in Lexington than Richmond, may I suggest a meeting in Lexington? Let me know where you are all located.

Tentatively let's shoot for Feb 21st. We will confirm the week of.

5. Kai-Rhann

Jan 12, 2002
    I live in Berea (just south of Richmond) but work in Lexington. Meeting in Lexington would be fine with me, and the weekends would be fine as well...

~Kai Rhann

6. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    I just sent a message to Kai_Rhann, but I'll jump in here about this...there are several Eastern students who might come, but most of them are from out-of-state and don't have a car. I'll see if I can't get more information on who might be interested.

Also, if anyone is interested in the old Decipher Star Wars game, I know a guy who is looking for some people to play with.

~Rogue

7. YodasQueen

YodasQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2003
    I think a Richmond meeting is a good idea. I graduated from Eastern many moons ago, so I pretty much know the town, and might be interested in attending.

8. Kai-Rhann

Jan 12, 2002
    Being as we have (potential) members who are students at EKU, and don't have transprotation out of town, it may make sense to at least have initial meetings in Richmond. What we may also be able to do, is have some meetings in Lexington as well. Transportation for me is not an issue, nor is location. Once we get a fair ammount of response, we'll have to base location on that.

Nice to hear from you, YodasQueen, good to have more people chiming in on the board.

~Kai Rhann

9. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    Just let me know if I can be of any help.

10. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    The afternoon of the 21st might be good. My brother and I both have to take the University Writing Requirement test that morning, so possibly that afternoon, then?

~Rogue

11. Kai-Rhann

Jan 12, 2002
    As the 21st approaches, what are some thoughts on this meeting? Mostly, I imagine, a "meet and greet" and so on. What does everyone suggest? We also need to reach a decision on where to meet...

I'm good on that date, and with just about any sort of activities. In the future, I wouldn't mind doing some sort of prop tutorial or some related activities. We all assuredly have different aspects to our "fandom"... and props and costumes tends to be one of my best suits...

Also, a list of attendees would be nice, but not neccessary... I know we may have attendees who do not post here (yet)... Which, we need to encourage people to sign up here at TFN to increase our numbers in that aspect...

~Kai Rhann

12. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    The Grill, at say...noon? We can sit, eat lunch, etc.

~Rogue

13. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    That's the Powell building, by the way. Can't miss it.

At least one person from Eastern won't be able to make it, because of an academic team tournament, but I think other people should be able to come.

~Rogue

14. Kai-Rhann

Jan 12, 2002
    Em, can you give some directions? If that's indeed where we're meeting. Remember, we aren't all students at, or familiar with, EKU...some of the folks who've been posting here are from Lexington...that's about a 30 mile drive for them, and they will need further directions from I-75 south...

~Kai Rhann

15. JustinZ

JustinZ Jedi Master star 2

Jul 23, 2003
    I hope to come. I'm from Lexington, and I will need directions. What's parking like on EKU's campus?

Justin

16. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    *snorts* What parking?

Weekends are typically not too bad. You might have to park in the Alumni Coliseum parking lot and walk down to Powell, which is right in the center of campus. Eastern's official address is 521 Lancaster Ave, Richmond, KY 40475 and there's a map of campus at www.eku.edu

~Rogue

17. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    Don't you have to have a parking pass to park at Eastern? You did when I went there.

18. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    You don't need one for weekend parking or parking after 9 p.m. on weekdays. You should be able to park wherever you like. Since Eastern also hosts a large number of community programs, they can't be ticketing everyone on weekends. :)

~Rogue

19. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    Oh, and if you don't go there, even if they did give you a ticket, you wouldn't have to pay it anyway.

~Rogue

20. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    Sorry guys unexpected trip will keep me away, hope to make the march meeting, fill me in!

21. therealdarthdork

therealdarthdork Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2004
    Wow...you make it sound like it's such a long walk from AC parking lot *cringe* Course...yeah...it is.../cry. Every day, toiling through the parking lot...*overdramatic* With God as my witness, I'll never walk again!!!

*walks to fridge to get diet pepsi*
    D'oh!

Darth Dork^_^

22. Kai-Rhann

Jan 12, 2002
    Let's try to solidify our plans to meet Saturday.

The time: Noon
    The place: EKU's Powell building (the "Grill") Richmond, Ky

Sound off as to your plans to attend or not...

As for me, I plan to be there...

~Kai Rhann

23. Joey__P

Aug 18, 2003
    Did this meeting go?? I am sorry I was unable to attend. I had to work. Please let me know what happened, and will there be another? Great responce!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.