main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If you could write a sensible version of SOPA what would it be?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by beezel26, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I laughed at this article: Hollywood threatens Obama over SOPA

?God knows how much money we?ve given to Obama and the Democrats and yet they?re not supporting our interests,?

I realize this is a novel concept for some people, but while money helps, you actually need people to vote for you and continue doing so if you wish to remain a politician. And when the interests of the voters outweigh the interests of the poor, neglected MPAA, politicians tend to go with the group that might re-elect them.

And as yesterday showed, the internet is a very powerful tool in being able to take on lobbyists without spending pretty much anything for many sites. And being the current president, perhaps the president is in a decent position to get re-elected. But sure, I'm sure hollywood would rather President Romney anyway.

And Chris Dodd is apparently the one who needs a time out. I've been seen more mature responses from a toddler. [face_plain]

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Well, Gingrich and Romney have come out against SOPA. But both of them will probably flip-flop on it numerous times before Election Day. :p

Saying it tonight, though, may give cover for more Republicans to come out against it in the near-term.

3. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    I haven't played a pirated game in eight years.

I have bought games, been disgusted by the security software on them, and then downloaded and played cracked versions.