main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN I'm calling it

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by loki41872, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Time is 6:54 pm, Wednesday, February 21st. I'm declaring this board Dead.

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    //gives board mouth-to-mouth

3. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    Bad Loki, down boy! (although at times you might be true) We need another GoNads501 mystery to get people's attention here once again on the boards. I'm soon going to restart the DVD thread (for what it's worth, I've met a FF member who ghosts our board and said he really enjoyed that topic). So that'll at least be something regular. Do we even have a membership roster anymore?

4. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    No pulse......

Hit it again!

5. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Clear!

6. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Where's Scruff? Maybe he could revive it?

7. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    This board has a signed DNR order,..I'm not touching it.

8. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    Holy Cow! Are those signs of life I see?

9. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Weekend at Bernie's III: Nashville After Darth

10. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Revenge of the Sock Puppets! :cool:

Lets face it, the boards, and the Fan groups were created because of the Prequels. They were created to discuss all things Star Wars, but mostly the prequels. From 1996 (when the buzz for the special editions started) through 2005 (the last prequel), Star Wars was main stream again! But, alas, the ride we enjoyed is OVER and participation on the boards have dwindled tremendously... And the fan groups are dissipating. Eventually, even the 501st will feel rigamortis set in. It may be 3 years, 5 years, or even at the most 10, but it WILL happen. It is inevitable.[face_skull]

Even though Star Wars is more than just the movies, they started out as movies. This isn't Harry Potter, where fans get together and stand in lines for a book. However, I don't know that the franchise would have done as well as it has if not for its transfer to the silver screen. It has one book remaining and 3 more movies, and it will pass as well (Unless down the road J.K. Rowling chooses to continue the story).

When the day comes and the boards (particually this one) comes to an end, We can say that Nashville After Darth served its purpose well. It was a fun and memorable time. I made lots of good friends and was allowed to relive the Star Wars portion of my childhood. Even if it was only for a brief time, it was worth it. [face_coffee] CHEERS! and MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU, ALWAYS...

11. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    We'll always have DragonCon!

12. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    Well said Scott. You've always brought reason the NAD when others unjustly trashed it and compared it to more active groups. NAD was everything I expected for Episodes 2 and 3, for the few meetings I attended, for the encounters at C3, and especially for staying in contact on these boards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.