main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN I'm hooked on Champions of Norrath!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by LoyalJedi, May 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoyalJedi

LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 22, 2002
    drthMrl recently told me about a game he'd been playing known as Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest for the Ps2. I recently pried my fingers from my controller to post this...I bow to you Merl...you have enlightened me to a great game. I started playing on-line and it's awesome.'

What's everyone else's new favorites?

2. Jedi_Sha

Jedi_Sha Jedi Master star 5

Oct 13, 2002
    never heard of it.

i'm addicted to knights of the old republic at the moment. i just beat it for the.... uh... 7th time since i bought it? maybe? maybe it's 8 times now...

heh, i said i was addicted.

i'm also playing jedi academy again. i just beat it for the second time in 3 days.

3. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    I'm currently stuck on Star Wars: Battlefront. It's a pretty cool game where you get to be anything from a Clone Trooper, Wookie, battle droid, stormtrooper, rebels, or a bunch of other variations. Anyway, you play with your team against the opposite team in trying to gain control of strategic points on the battlefield. This could take place on a bunch of different planets at places we've seen before. Battle of Naboo, Hoth, Carbon Freezing Chamber, etc. If you get killed, you respawn at one of the places you have control of. If your team doesn't control any spawn points, you can't respawn and will probably lose soon. You can also use different vehicles and weapons that are on the field. Speeder bikes, snowspeeders, TIE's, stuff from the Clone Wars (that I can't think of right now) and even the AT-AT.

What's cool about this game is that you can play it online as well. This adds a whole other dimention as although the AI of the single player games are not too bad, there's nothing like playing against a human. Much harder. I love using the sniper guns. There are also "neutral" characters on the field like Tusken Raiders, Jawas, Ewoks, etc. I know at DragonCon, there was several cheers as a demo showed a Stormtrooper take out an Ewok. Anyway, it's available for the PC, PS2 and the XBox. Check it out sometime.

4. drthmrl

drthmrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2003
    i was so hooked on C.O.N. that i found myself playing the game for 4 and 5 hours at a time. i even played the game for about 8 hours striaght on one of my days off. i cant wait for the sequal to the game that should be out soon.

5. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    I saw a teaser for Battlefront on the new star wars dvd's. It looked really neat Vesper. I might want to get that one when the price drops.

6. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    My hubby is in LOVE with the Battlefront game--all we have is the demo on the disc from the Trilogy set, but he thinks its awesome. Good thing his birthday is coming up in November!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.