main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi I'm new here...

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Darth Malukarth, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Darth Malukarth

Darth Malukarth Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2012
    and I was wondering if you have any lightsaber sound fx for an aspiring lightsaber duelist. I was planning on getting the novus from sabershop for christmas. You would be surprised how hard it is to make a duel without sound…or a saber for that matter. I have heard about the lightsaber choreography contest and even seen some fan films that entered. My interest is peaked. If there are any good martial arts sounds, that would be good too because I don't even have the saber yet. My dad was a huge fan of the movies… surprisingly one of the few fans of the prequels as well as the originals. I'm not too deep into the extended lore, exept Kotor if that counts. I have yet to play its sequels. I hate the clone wars tv show with a passion but I only really saw part of season one and the animated movie…AND an old 2D clone wars tv show, even though I'm just 17. I can't wait to get to know you all. As for that duel…wish me luck.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Darth Malukarth

I cannot believe this was not responded to yet. Sorry about that. Your best bet for the sound fx would be a rip from YouTube or to see if there are simple sound files (wav, as an example) online. The other option may be to check your mobile provider's ringtones for lightsaber sounds. Hope that helps.

Aside from the request, hopefully, you stick around and get involved. If you have any issues with the site or general questions, use this thread as your own personal tech support area.

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome! I believe the lovely people in Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D or Costuming and Props could probably best answer your question. ANd I hope you stick around! We have a whole Games forum that includes KOTOR discussion.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    ...and don't forget, you can meet other SW fans from your area. You just need to join your local FanForce (by simply posting at that board). If you need help in finding your FanForce (FF), let us know where you're from and we'll help you. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)