main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm new here

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by themetresgained, Feb 23, 2013.

1. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Technically, I've known about this site for years, having spent a lot of time scraping through the fanfic archives. That was a long time ago, and now I'm older and wiser.

I wouldn't quite describe my feelings about the new Star Wars films as 'excitement' so much as an incredibly strong sense of anticipation. I won't deny that the announcement rekindled my old memories and my old love of Star Wars, which became less intense over the years.

I'm currently reading the New Jedi Order novels for the first time, and I've just finished Traitor. Let's just say that my mind was officially blown.

I'm ready to throw myself back into the Star Wars universe. Bring it on!

2. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    Whoa, can someone tell me what trophies are? Or point me somewhere that describes the board's special features?

3. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Welcome! Here is a list of available trophies:

http://boards.theforce.net/help/trophies

Trophies are recognition for certain achievements.Trophies give you points that help elevate your status as Jedi Youngling, seen below your avatar. I hope you enjoy your time at the JCF!

4. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    I see. Thanks for your help!

I've been on forums where your post count and status are linked but never through some sort of 'trophy' mechanism. It's all new for me.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    themetresgained: Failte Nua Duine. Glad SS got you squared up on the trophy system. It is all a bit mad when you first register. You should definitely check out our book discussions while looking into everything else going on about the forums. Hope you stick around and get involved. Should you require any further assistance or have more questions, TAG one of us, message us, or use this thread as your tech support area.

6. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    Wow, you can tag people in forums now. This is all so hi-tech I feel like a bit of a has-been.

7. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Welcome. Hope you enjoy yourself here. :)

8. hawk3037

hawk3037 Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2012
    hi all im fairly new too....what do you guys think of the new movies coming out?

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Welcome newcomers! Enjoy your stay. Don't worry. We don't bite....hard.

10. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    Man, being a newbie on a board is such a weird experience. I'm used to being one of the back-in-my-day old-timers over on the KMC Star Wars forums.

11. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Welcome! Hope you have fun and good times on the board!! :)

12. Darkskar95

Darkskar95 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2013
  13. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome themetresgained! :)

I see that your question about trophies got answered already. Did you know that the titles are based on your trophie-count as well?

If all the new features irritates you, don't worry, you'll get used to it fast, and while discovering everything, don't hesitate to ask us (no matter how many questions you have). We are here to help you. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

Welcome Hawk! *waves* :)

14. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy your time here!