main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA IMAX IS BACK!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Anakin_Skywalker_X, Mar 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    :mad: Because my officers did not informed me of the SDSWS trip to the LA IMAX showing of EP2, I am going to take as many of you who would want to go this saturday. I for one, never got to see it in IMAX format so I am very excited!!

Sith, I am blasting you with lighting bolts from my hands right now! Because it was sort of your job :p . I wouldnt usally care other then the fact that you r on the SD boards like, all the time ;)

And cort! :eek: I am cutting your hand off the next time I see you because aperantly u knew about it and also didnt think to menchin it

Yeah, ok, so anyone here who wants to go this saturday and can make it, tell me here and I will make sure you get a ride :)

Saturday 7:00pm IMAX theater in Unaversal City Walk/LA

2. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    okay. first of all, I just assumed (silly thing I know) that you had read that. Besides, I didn't even find out about it until the day of the trip. What was I supposed to say? "Oh BTW, down in LA tonight they are showing the IMAX version....if we leave now, we MAY be able to see five minutes of it?
    sheesh.....fine take my hand....it's not like I need it or anything....

What's the skywalker obsession with cutting off hands? :D

3. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    I'm almost positive Thursday is the last night. :( Sorry we didn't say anything.

EDIT: Never mind. It's still playing through the 3rd. :D Have fun, and sorry again that we didn't say anything. 8-}

4. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    are you sure? we checked the site, and Brandon thinks it'll still be playing this weekend....who knows?

5. OddeBogodde

OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 24, 2002
    What time? I work until 3pm but if its a later showing I may be able to swing on up there and meet you guys in Yucaipa. It's only an hour and half ride.

Let me know, Nick's back from Japan until next thursday. Anakin, we are having a BBQ at my house on sunday if you wanted to come hang out and see him.

6. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Sorry, i was mad cause i cant go! I shoulda done that, wont happen again.

7. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    O, wate can u go this weekend Sith? ?[face_plain]

8. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    not saturday, sunday maybe.

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I will probably go see it on Imax again sometime this weekend. I'll be staying up at the Pasadena Hilton tonight and tomorrow, and then leaving Sunday night. Saturday night is the 501st/Rebel Legion dinner, so I doubt I could make a Saturday night.

10. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Damm that would have been cool to see you again Linda :_|

11. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Ok so, sofar we have : Me,Carl,Cort,Hether,Missy,Meg and Shawn
    We are leveing at 5 or 6, this makes it posabol for everone to go.

All these peopel and I am driving, or should I say Podracing. [face_devil]

12. OddeBogodde

OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 24, 2002
    7 people in your car dude? Um, that's a little IMPOSSIBLE. Maybe we should take more than one car?

13. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    No they r in order of apperaince. You r up frunt with me (of couers) the girls r in the back sets (that hold three to for depending on size of person) and if they dont all fit someone will go in back with Shawn. ( you know the back part were we keep the dog?) [face_laugh]

14. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Well, that was cool!

First off let me just say it is cool to see it again in a theater after I have wacth is on DVD like 6 times.

I didnt much agry with the price of the movie tho (all tho I understand why) I felt paying 12 dollers to see a cut down vertion of EP2, kinda didnt sit right.

But the space battels made it all worth it!
    all the action stuff was very cool, I really like being abel to watch all the extra Jedi in the back round that were fighting dering the arena battel; They were doing some kick-ass moves!

So in the long run it was hella worth it it me and I am sure any other Star Wars fan, but I propbly wouldint recomend it for well...normal peopel.

15. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Arma_Geda-Mandalore Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Heh heh heh .....is this where I tell you that the lil chickie at the window verified with me twice that the show I wanted was AOTC IMAX (and I was dressed in my Tusken, too btw), then proceeded to sell me a ticket for "View from the Top" (or some kind of silly movie like that) for 6 bucks? :)

16. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    she sounds like a smartie!

17. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    It was cool to see it again.... some of the battles were really cool, but since it wasn't shot for that format a lot of things looked somewhat fake and started to give me a headache....
    it was good though!

18. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Yeah I thoght about doing that too, Armand...of couers after we were allready in the theater! :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.