main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Imperial Hockey Team???

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by aztrooper0013, Apr 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aztrooper0013

aztrooper0013 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    Yup....The Empire now has a Hockey Team "recognized" by the NHL.

The Dune Sea Garrison, of course! :D

We have been invited to participate in "Mascots Day" at the Phoenix Coyotes Hockey Team game on April 14th.

The DSG will take the ice (as the first break entertainment, after first period) to vanquish the foes of the Empire, mainly various sports team and corporate Mascots in a hockey game to end all hockey games!!

Remember waaaaay back when they actually had "Star Wars on Ice"?

Well, picture with a lot more falling down on armored butts, and you get the idea of what this event will be like! ;)

Get your tickets NOW!
    Get Coyote Tickets!
    Just pick the Phoenix Coyotes vs Nashville Predators - April 14th
    Prices range from a measly $9.00 to a whopping $175.00

You can spare $9.00, right? Of course you can. ;)

Hope to see you there!

2. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    LOL! Now theres a fun image. I missed out on seeing it at Hoth (kinda glad for that) but the image of a bunch of troopers falling on their white tin-can rears is amusing. :)

3. TD0690

TD0690 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 4, 2002
    This game is going to be SWEEET!!! aztrooper0013, sorry some of us aren't old enough to remember Star Wars on ice. :D All of you missed seeing 4 courageous Sandtroopers (including your 2 Fan Force Troopers) walk 6.1 miles, so how many of you can we expect to see at this great event?

4. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Got two of us confirmed.

5. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    Cool, so far we've more than doubled the Fan Force outcome since the last event!!

6. QuiGon_butnot4gotten

QuiGon_butnot4gotten Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Since it is not in Tuscon and on the same day as a AZlineup meeting more of us should be able to attend this event. Thanks for the heads up.

7. One-armed_Wampa

One-armed_Wampa Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2002
    Me like Ice. It remind me of home. Maybe me come. Can't play though. It hard to hold stick with one hand. You don't use lightsabers do you? Me not like them.

8. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    Since it is not in Tucson and on the same day as a AZlineup meeting more of us should be able to attend this event

You couldn't come up with a better excuse than that?

Rebels

:p

One-armed_Wampa, to keep the arm you still have, I'd suggest staying away from Lord Vader. :)

9. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    ALRIGHT!!! [face_laugh] I believe I can talk Rob into this one. LOL!! Yeah, $9 isn't too much of a stretch for my slim little pocketbook.

Cool, so far we've more than doubled the Fan Force outcome since the last event!!
    :( **sniff** Ouch...

Yeah, I think I can swing this one. ;) Nothin' like a double-dose of FanForce in one weekend! WOOHOO!! (gotta make up for the withdrawal of these last couple of weekends, afterall)

kreleia ^.^

10. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Man, I wish we could get down:( I would love to see a Coyotes game and the chance to see "Troopers on Ice" would be even better!

11. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    Sorry kreleia, that wasn't meant as a stab at you guys for NOT showing up at ALL in Tucson. ;) Mirax H you could make a road trip to Phoenix, there will be no better time to do so.

12. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Sorry kreleia, that wasn't meant as a stab at you guys for NOT showing up at ALL in Tucson.

Riiiiiiiiight. :p Just like that comment wasn't meant to be a little twist of the knife... [face_laugh]

13. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    Okay, maybe a little twist. [face_devil]

14. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    thought you AZers were afraid of anything cold :p

I wanna see pics of your broken armor after you get checked bro :)

15. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    What's this talk about broken armor? Nothing can break Sandtrooper armor! You must be thinking about some sort of Rebel armor. Besides it will be a "clean" game, since Imperials ALWAYS play fair. It's the Rebels that lie, cheat and steal. ;)

16. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    lol, yeah, and troopers are incredibly agile and coordinated too! I'm sure there's no way you'll hit the ice! :p

17. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    troopers are incredibly agile and coordinated too!

We sure are!

I'm sure there's no way you'll hit the ice!

Of course not!

18. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    hey man, stop that, I forgot my waders and it's startin to get deep!

;)

19. EmprsHandMick

Dec 7, 2001
    Of course they won't hit the ice, they never hit ANYTHING!

20. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
  21. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    oh man, if there's one thing i like as much as star wars, it's hockey!!!

i am so there!

22. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    EmprsHandMick you're thinking of Stormtroopers. Sandtroopers are a great shot! Then again we actually dodge when someone's shooting at us too.

23. aztrooper0013

aztrooper0013 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    Please don't get me started on the whole "They let us go. It's the only reason for the ease of our escape" thing, okay? Just let it be said that the good princess was right on the mark with her assessment of the situation. We were tracking them, remember? Dead rebels can't lead you to thier secret base, right? ;)

Honestly, our performance on the ice will be laughable at best, plus the fact that we can't see DOWN will make hitting a puck real fun.... [face_laugh]

I hope to see all of you out there! And please for the love of God...Root for us, eh? :)

24. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    Why wouldn't they root for us? We're the GOOD guys. Oh wait, I guess from their point of view they're the good guys. Then again look at General Kenobi's lies... uh... "point of view" and he was a Rebel. ;)

25. EmprsHandMick

Dec 7, 2001
    *points at screenname* I'll be rooting for you guys :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.