main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

IMPORTANT Forum Announcement ? All members please read!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by jasman, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike_Spiegal

Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    That was my concern too G-Fett.

2. JBFett

JBFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    fair enough

we will have to think of something different then...

jokin just joshin with you

3. Vaders_leash

Vaders_leash Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    Yea. It's a lot like the golden rule.
    I hardly ever post because I read through most of the previous ones first and then I decide that I have nothing new to add. Ninety-nine percent of the time, I just read.

I never ridicule anyone. It's just not right and a sign of impatience and immaturity.

I say keep this thread on the first page every day to remind ourselves. Wishful thinking...

4. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Another question about the ' [face_plain] '...

Is it just we can't post [face_plain] alone, but it's fine if I say something civil along with a legitmate rebuttal on the original post. Or is [face_plain] not allowed, period?

5. DarthSakroc

DarthSakroc Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2001
    But MetallicPea - if Palpatine is Dooku's father, then does that make clone Paalpatine the father of clone Dooooku? Oh, I'm so confused... ?[face_plain]

6. Arsenal2002

Arsenal2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Oh please, Jassy. Can we at least get to Episode II first, and then start being nice to newbies. It's sort of the ENTIRE FRICKIN' PURPOSE of this board to condescend newbies.

7. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Jasman, I'm not trying to cause trouble, believe me...... But are you saying that if I come on here and read somebody thinks it funny to claim terrorists have flown a plane into my Countries Parliement, I'm NOT supposed to say anything? I'm just supposed to PM a Mod?

8. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    JM22, if [face_plain] is appropriate to a conversation, fine. But to simply post it as a sign that you don't like a thread or a topic, it would be better just not to reply at all. Think about the person on the receiving end of it. How does it feel? If you just disagree with someone's opinion, it's better to just say you disagree and explain why. [face_plain] can feel very insulting.

G-FETT, the time you spend replying could have been spent sending a PM to a mod, so the problem could be solved that much sooner. Besides, when someone is that big a moron, it's self-evident. We don't need it to be pointed out in the thread.

9. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    LOL, I think we should GET RID of the [face_plain] emoticon...

10. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    The larger point is that we want to encourage people to join the ranks of Star Wars fandom. We want people to feel we're a community that welcomes anyone who loves Star Wars in an over-the-top and slightly warped way.

If there's someone geeky enough to actually want to join our little island of misfit toys, we should be grateful, because it means we'll stand out just a little bit less as the crazy fringe element that we try so hard to pretend not to be.

11. os2Kenobi

os2Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 1999
    i'm nice to boobs.

12. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I agee Jasy, i have been here 5 months exactly today, and i am still getting no[/i] respect.

13. jasman

Aug 29, 1998
    Jabbadabbado, very well said! :D

14. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Fair enough Jasman. I don't agree AT ALL with this part of the NO REPLY RULE, but you guys are in chArge, so I will just have to put up with it ;) I do agree with the vast majority of what your saying. :)

15. The_Mighty_Chewbacca

The_Mighty_Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    I've been here a month and have never been insulted or disrespected in any way. it has been a great experience, maybe I lucked out. :D

16. Obig_Wan_In_My_Pants

Obig_Wan_In_My_Pants Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    I dig this new policy. During months of being a casual observer I was always hesitent to register because of the overall poor attitude in this place. Hope it changes for the better.

17. Arsenal2002

Feb 22, 2002
    LOL, I think we should GET RID of the [face_plain] emoticon...

Are you on heroin?

The larger point is that we want to encourage people to join the ranks of Star Wars fandom. We want people to feel we're a community that welcomes anyone who loves Star Wars in an over-the-top and slightly warped way.

[face_plain]

You people are from another planet.

18. Arsenal2002

Feb 22, 2002
    Fair enough Jasman. I don't agree AT ALL with this part of the NO REPLY RULE, but you guys are in chArge

Oh please. Since when do the mods make decisions around here? They don't get to decide who populates this site, never have. Jasman banned me for the first time about 3 years ago today. How well did that work?

In other words: [face_plain]

19. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Jabbadabbado - Now that's funny!
    And I can't think of when I've heard it expressed better.

Maybe I've just been lucky - but I've never had anyone respond to anything I've posted with rudeness of any kind. That's not to say I haven't disagreed with a few people (well - actually more than a few, probably) but we all seemed to be able to behave like adults - for which I'm very grateful. Of course, I didn't just jump in to the first topic that caught my eye; I kind of lurked around for a while, to learn the ropes - which only makes sense. When you attend a gathering of strangers, you don't just assume that they're all dying to know your most intimate thoughts - or your opinions on whatever might be George Lucas' ultimate goal in life.

Anyway - maybe I just haven't been in the right place (or the wrong place) at the right time - but I don't see a problem.

20. The_Mighty_Chewbacca

The_Mighty_Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    I think everyone knows this, and is porbaley the reasons newbs get treated harshly, is because at least 50% of them post either bashes or complete and total garbage and BS. It really gets annoying and I have only been here going on 2 months now.

Perhaps an updated, more recent version of a terms of policy should be made. Something attractive, with nice pictures, that will catch the eye. Mkae it pop up right after the first sign in too. Perhaps more people, when they register, will read it and take it to heart. Just a sugestion.

21. jasman

Aug 29, 1998
    History tends to repeat itself. Keep that in mind, Arsenal.

22. Darth_Xio_Jade

Darth_Xio_Jade Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2001
    You mods are no fun. This forum was really funny there for a while. A real laugh to read. Damn buzzkillers. :(

23. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001
    History tends to repeat itself. Keep that in mind, Arsenal.

[Jerry Springer crowd]

Ooooooooooooo!

[/Jerry Springer crowd]

24. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Usually if there is a newbie and that asks an understandable question, i will inform to informess.

25. jasman

Aug 29, 1998
    [face_plain]

;)

Welcome back, GriffZ :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.