main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC In Need of Extras

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Plurimus, Oct 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plurimus

Plurimus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 1999
    Hey guys,

The fan film Revelations, for which I'm creating the lightsaber fighting, needs extras for an Imperial mining facility shoot.

Revelations

Date: Oct 19, 2002
    Time: 8:00 - 6:00 (you can leave earlier)
    Legal: Liability Forms must be signed on site.
    Directions: Luckstone Quarry

Prisoners
    Clothes: Dark cargo pants (or something similar) (grey, kakhi); Dark or cream colored shirt or thermal shirt; hiking boots. You should be willing to get them dirty.
    Tools: (if you have them) shovel or pick ax.

Stormtroopers
    Clothes: Wear body suit under normal clothes. Full armor can be put on on site.
    Don't forget your blaster.

This is the same night as the Richmond Moisture Co-op Party. I'm sure some will be going to that after. The rest are welcome to go with the crew and cast to the Shark's Club.

For more info: e-mail me at njamilla@shimmeringsword.com

Nick

2. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I think it sounds fun - Ken and I plan to go. (film, Richmond - who needs sleep?) Anyone else from the Senate game?

3. Ken_the_CHOD

Ken_the_CHOD Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    We had a great time at the film shoot on Saturday. But because we are busy for the next one on November 9, it falls to OTHERS to represent the Galactic Senate there!

We got there at 8:00 a.m. and met up with folks who travel for these kinds of things. We met up with our friends from New York?s Empire City Garrison and saw some familiar faces from Garrison Carida (centered on Philadelphia) in addition to meeting new people, most of whom are in the area and were pretty happy to hear that DC FanForce had finally organized. I hope some of them drop by our boards.

Filming took place in a huge quarry in Centreville. It was a good if chilly party as we filled out our forms and waited to be shuttled down into the pit. Modest but good food and drink were provided, and Eugenia invented the ham and jelly sandwich by daring someone to eat one; he actually liked it, so I did some follow up research with a ham-turkey-jelly combo. Yum!

If you?ve even been curious about how films get made and want to hang out with some of the coolest people in fandom, we totally recommend making time on November 9 to help out the gang with the film.

4. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I would but I'll be in Cleveland that weekend...

5. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    We also got to re-enact the battle of Endor in small part by threatening stormtroopers with rocks and sticks.

The extras were prisoners - we got to be covered in mud, and wear rags. We also got to move rocks, bow down before the Emperor's Hand, AND trudge to and fro. There was much hilarity, many bad jokes, and someone built a small Stonehenge while waiting for us to be called into action.

The best overheard line was "I see Star Wars Geeks...."

6. Plurimus

Plurimus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 1999
    Thanks to all the extras. It was one of those shoots where the extras got to do more than the principal actors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.