main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA INLAND EMPIRE FF MEMBERS - ROLL CALL - CHECK IN HERE

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Aug 2, 2004.

1. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Yeah, it was the Grand Slam. We thought it was awesome. I know it was smaller, but that's what we liked about it...you could just go up to the celebrities and talk to them very easily, didn't have to wait in long lines etc. I'm really hoping we can go in Sept. to Sacramento for a 40th anniversary convention for Star Trek. They're having that huge one in Vegas in Aug. I know it will just be too crazy with people for my son. They've already sold 6,000. tickets. They limit the one in Sacramento to 1,000. Kirk and Spock & Q are confirmed already for it.We homeschool,so I'm hoping to make it a field trip while we're there. Just need to come up with the money. My 17 year old nephew is coming to live with us in a few weeks, so I'll have him too.

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Took my son and a few of his friends to John's Pizza today. Actually saw a guy with Boba Fetts crest tattooed on his arm. I had to show him the rebel symbol on my ankle. He out did me. He's got the rebel symbol on one calf and the Empirial symbol on the other. First time I've met anybody else with a SW tatoo.

3. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Is there a minimal age limit to join? I have 2 7th grade students at my school that are really interested in the group. Don't know if thei parents would be willing to take them to meetings and events, but I told them I'd find out. Thanks!

4. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Hi,

Anyone, regardless of age, may become a member, post on the forums, and attend official meetings and events. However, anyone under 18 years of age will be required to fill out a Parent Consent Form to participate in any IEFF meeting and event. The form the parents will be asked to fill out can be found in the IEFF Charter (You should have an e-mail copy, until I can get it put online).

Bascially the parent/guardian of the underage members are responsbile for them, such a bringing them to/from and watching them during meetings/events.

5. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Oops... never mind.

6. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Name: Steve
    SW Related Interests: Books, movies, computer/video games, diecast models, LEGO, costuming... etc.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Outdoor activities, sports, video games, movies, hangout with friends... pretty much anything goes.
    How did you get started on SW: Started off with wandering into a room at my grandparents at Christmas when I was 3 and seeing these white stormtroopers marching across the screen and thinking "cool..."

7. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    :) welcome to the party DH :)

8. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Welcome Darth Haggis! I sense maybe some Scottish descent?

9. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    A little. ;) I'm just 100% Celtic. (A little Irish, some English, mostly Scottish...)
    Thank you for the welcome. :)

10. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Wahay the Jocks! Lived there for about 12 years!

11. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    OK, here it is, my first formal post to the IEFF board!
    Being in the SDSWS for a few years has allowed me to share my enjoyment of Star Wars. They're a great bunch! With the new evolution and rebirth of the IEFF, I think it's time to include an affiliation with a another, more local group of SW fans.

Name: Larry B.
    SW Related Interests: I?m a collector of SW movies, books, posters, autographs, replicas, figures and more, along with other movie memorabilia. I?ve been to all of the SW Celebrations so far--and can't wait for the next one! I've even been fortunate enough to visit and tour Rancho Obi-Wan twice!
    Non-SW Related Interests: I'm a teacher, so I get lots of time off to travel and play. I also enjoy going to the movies, reading, and playing video games (PC, 360, PSP, and DS).
    How did you get started on SW: I saw Star Wars when it first came out in 1977 and have been hooked ever since. Seeing Star Wars in the summer of '77 at the age of 14 was truly a momentous, seminal event in my life. My best friend and I were seventh and eighth in line on a warm, late afternoon at "The Hub." I was never so excited to see a movie. From the moment that star destroyer flew overhead, ray guns blasting away, against the vast blackness of space, I was completely enthralled in awe-struck wonder! I will remember it always.

I look forward to joining your group, meeting fellow members, and enjoying and promoting the Star Wars experience together.

12. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Hey Larry! Welcome aboard!

13. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    Welcome, Larry!

14. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    welcome to the party LB

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Welcome Haggis and Larry!!

Aren't summers great when you work within a school system!!! [face_dancing] I'm a school librarian, and really appreciate the few weeks I have off during the summer!!

It's great that both of you have joined us!! =D=

16. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    A big welcome to you larry!!! [face_peace]

17. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    Ok...Since no one knows me anymore ;) I Dredged up my orignal post for this thread 3 years ago...wow...

Okay my turn!
    Name: Courtney Smith
    Location: well, physically I am in Redlands. However, my mind is currently residing in LA....I hope someday to join it....
    SW Related Interests: anything and everything under the sun!
    Non-SW Related Interests: Well, I love Harry Potter and The X-Men(suprise suprise considering the name ) and I love the show Alias. I won't be as Presumptuous as to call myself an actor, but I love everything about the theater. whether it be reading plays to performing them(I do have to admit I like the latter a little bit more)and yes, I am one of those "Hollywood Hopefuls". I am addicted to reading and i am a music junkie. I listen to everything from marilyn manson to norah jones to soundtracks of movies and musicals...I love musicals, and Moulin Rouge and Chicago top the list right now... and so.....yeah....
    How did you get started on SW: I loved watching the movies when I was a child, but we never owned them. when the re-release came out and I discovered the expanded universe of the books and graphic novels, I corrected that error I am currently making a Jedi costume....and I want to do Leia's Throne room dress....ah, perhaps someday....

and in case you haven't noticed I am very much a Gemini!

okay...fast forward to the future... add anything by Joss Whedon on the list above, and the musical Rent...well...I like it.A lot. other stuff too, I'm sure...

18. Darthmaul6

Darthmaul6 Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2006
    my turn too!
    Name:Jared
    SW Related interest: I love to collect action figures,Dvds,and anything rare.

NON Related SW interset: I also like to watch movies,and I like to snowboard.
    I'm hoping to catch up in meetings and stuff with the rest of you guys soon!

19. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Welcome! Please send me a PM with your e-mail address so I can add you to our member list. Send me a note of your city too.

Thanks and Welcome to the IEFF!

20. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    welcome jared

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Oh my gosh DM6 (DarthMaul6), don't you sleep? You must have been out partying last night to post at 4:30am!! :D

Glad you were able to make it to both movies!!

22. Darthmaul6

Darthmaul6 Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2006
    I know! I got home at 4:12 and figured I could wait until 5:00 to take my sister to summer school.A matter of fact I just woke up like 30 minutes ago. And I was glad that I came with you guys:)

23. feltak

feltak Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2005

My name is Rocky, I am 28 from Corona Ca am single and have read almost evry star wars book written I have a jedi knight zabrak and a basic human jedi costumes and I got interested in star wars the first time I saw it, but dont remember when that was. I and some friends here in beaumont, and rubidoux have been hoping this group was getting back on track. I was recently at the disneyland star wars days and was told this group was back. If any of you were there we were the ones that were able to get the lightsabers in disneyland.

rocky
    10thnewyork@comcast.net

24. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    welcome feltak. This is a great group of people and we are growing again! I'm you have a costume. We're hoping to get more people in our group to have costumes so we can do some charity stuff.

25. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Welcome Feltak!! So, how did you manage to smuggle in the lightsabers to DL? Is that a trade secret or can you share??

Does anybody in this group sew and want to make a few extra bucks? I'd love to have a basic jedi costume made, but can't sew anything more than a button on a shirt. I would LOVE to get into costuming, but don't have the personal talent to make one myself.

Hmm, I wonder how many women they have in the 501st??? [face_thinking]