main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Interest in starting a new chapter in Salisbury, NC

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by IamaSith, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamaSith

IamaSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2007
    I am proposing to start a new Fan Force chapter centrally based in Salisbury, NC that would serve Rowan county and it's immediate neighbors. I would like to start this chapter to give the residents of this county and her neighbors a more convenient location to participate in Star Wars related activities and form new friendships. Currently, to particpate in any functions of the Fan Force, a person from this area has to drive the 45 minutes to an hour away either south to Charlotte (Which would have the most activities) or east or west to smaller chapters outside of this community.

This new chapter will serve the existing Star Wars fans in this area as well as new or undiscovered friends of Fan Force. The group would be open to all. The Star Wars fan base is already obvious with the recent Monstore Con success that brought the likes of Peter Mayhew to town. This chapter would be limited to Rowan, Cabarrus, Davidson, Davie and Iredell area fans (Any help from other chapters in setting up is appreciated but we do not want to take members from you).

Any help from the RSA's from this area would be appreciated. For now, I will act as the coordinator in getting things started until our first official meeting where we will elect a chapter representative and discuss goals per the Fan Force rules. Any rules or guidelines for setting up and running a chapter that can be sent to me or pointed out on existing forums would also be appreciated.

Please sound off if there is any interest here. I currently know of at least 3-5 households of fans that are interested and will serve as the advisory council until this thing gets moving. Thank you.

2. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Ok, here's the run through...

First, you need to check whethere there is an existing FanForce in some 50 miles around the area you are interested on. Second, get two more people to express interest in a forum for the area in this thread and we'll open a new forum of your very own. After the forum, you need to have, as a group, three meetings. It helps if you take pictures as proof and send them to one of us. Finally, you elect a Chapter Rep, choose a name, be an official FanForce and rejoice!

3. IamaSith

IamaSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2007
    Thank you! We are working on it now and have been PM'd by a RSA with further help!

4. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.