main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Interest Measurement Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sawn_Kassal, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Hey, it's only 5 o'clock where I live, and 4 PM board time. SHEESH! :p

2. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    It's 6 here and I'm impatient :p . . .but I guess I could make it a little longer. :D

3. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Exciting contest, I probably won´t have time to join, but I certainly vote!

4. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Anyway, just throwing it out there - it's a subject I've brought up before, but - is anyone up for a CoNtinuum RPG? I've got at least one/two others interested, and I seem to remember some people might have played it before...?

5. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    And here i was thinking you were overloaded [face_laugh]:p. Anyway um yeah I totally into that stuff I remember "Back to the future" one my favorite movie series dealt with stuff like this. I don't know about time factors, but we will see.

6. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I'm in.

7. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I need to refamiliarize myself with the gane. But I am interested. I think LordT played it once? A rare guest nowadays. Perhaps Fin, too.

8. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    We'd all be learning more or less as we go - I had an aborted attempt at DMing an introductory scenario elsewhere, mainly because the other players just wound up fleeing in terror from the mechanics disappearing from the board in question, but I'm willing to give it another go here. Needless to say, usual Saintheart standards will apply, i.e. bloodyminded determination to finish out game in the face of all holidays, midterms, finals, summer holidays, release of CoD/Halo/Dragon Age 3/Mass Effect 4/Batman/Superman/Avengers/any mildly interesting franchise... :D If the intro scenario works out, we'll see where we go from there. For now: taken under advisement, will get busy...

9. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    My superhero game is still going to happen. Soon!

10. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    YAY! I'm not giving away my character for that since I'm still deciding between two possibilities.
    [face_peace]

11. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Peng knows I can't resist a superhero game.

12. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    As a warning though, if anyone is expecting grit and realism, they may be sorely disappointed. There's a point to the game, and it's not to make everything darker and edgier - just a heads up! :)

13. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    [​IMG]

14. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    [​IMG]

But in all seriousness, it's not gonna be a deconstruction. Angst will be minimal. Heroics will occur.

15. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    [​IMG]

Do I get pre-approved for this character, Peng? :D

Red.Two and Penguinator like this.
  16. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Well, I love the hyperrealism and deconstructive approach to superheroes. But I think it is a good thing you take a different approach. Wie had a few attempts to play superheroes now. Fresh take on it sounds great. Also it leaves me probably without my fave option of character.

17. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I guess that I'm just a bit tired of making things darker through deconstruction - that said, mine will definitely be a reconstructive game (hopefully), so the darkness will be there, it just won't be the main focus. It's definitely reactionary :p

Out of curiosity, SirakRomar, who's your favourite character?

18. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
  19. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I actually did play with the idea of a totally hyperealist, psychological a bit more realistic version of Kal-El, facing the problems of being almighty, not human and how it affects his psyche. So that was meant to be a very, very deconstructed version of my least favourite character - who was already my weapon of choice when playing in Ramza´s game. Sounds like it´s totally not the right choice for your game.

20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    So I'm looking at having more free time next semester, and generally my creative juices seem to be flowing again to some degree. Consequently I'm toying around with some ideas. Would anyone be interested in basically a straight homage to old-school super robot toy commercials anime? The gist is humanity is being attacked by aliens/demons/monsters/something, and is losing. It's only hope lies in some talented young giant robot pilots. The characters all have a custom machine, fight some battles, then there's a big twist and the paradigm of the conflict shifts a great deal.

21. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Has anyone here seen Wreck-It Ralph? I think a game based on that would be fun. Play a video game character, travel to different game worlds to eliminate bugs/glitches, etc.

22. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Never heard of that movie, but sounds like a very funny premise.

23. Red.Two

Red.Two Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 25, 2012
    I want in! No angst means fun!

24. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I've got yet another random RP idea floating around in my head. Mainly from reading about the early Jedi.

Basic premise being that after Tython was abandoned for the last time (yes, according to Wookieepedia there was still a Temple there, but that can be removed) around the time of Ruusan, a group of Jedi were left behind in carbonite. Why is unimportant, just that they were left behind...maybe as an insurance against a future Purge, maybe they broke the rules of the Order. Regardless, they were left behind, resting in carbonite for centuries.

Until of course, Order 66 rolled around, and a Jedi fleeing from his clones ended up hiding on Tython and finding the ancient Jedi. Cue reviving them, and figuring out how to survive on an abandoned world, while also trying to find a way to rebuild the Order.

Any interest?

(I feel like I started to write an OP there... :p)

BLemelisk likes this.
  25. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    I have the feeling we have gotten very used to the very effective GMing style around here. People like Winged and Fin were Masters in covering incredible lot of plot and character through a chain of very intense scenes. But I feel like doing a game that is probably a lot slower in progression. One where characters rules over story, so to say. Just an idea and maybe this is the wrong place for such a game, but I just had the idea and wanted to put it out there. Still dream of GMing around here some day.

Penguinator likes this.