main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is anyone interested in winning a large star wars collection?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by wildkarde19, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildkarde19

wildkarde19 Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2013
    I am not sure if I am allowed to post things like this, and I apologize if there is a different place to post it. I have been collecting star wars toys, books, comics, cards etc for the last 15 years and I have come to the sad realization that I must get rid of it all. I don't really have the time to catalog and price all of it and I hate to see it disappear piece by piece. I had an idea that I could kind of raffle it off. Maybe have people pay a dollar for a chance to win it. I am still trying to figure out how best to do it, and I would be interested in hearing whether or not anybody would be interested in doing that or if anyone has any ideas about a good way to do it. Thanks for any comments... I appreciate any help.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Wildkarde - we don't allow advertising here but I think your thread is borderline in that respect. My suggestion would be to split your collection and put it on eBay if you really need to sell it. (You could split it by books, comics, cards, etc since someone interested in cards might not want books or comics). For the toys you could split them by character, release line, or film, depending on how many you have. Alternatively, if you live in an area that has a yearly collecting show nearby, why not get a dealer table and try selling stuff there? Maybe you and a friend could split the table price.
    As far as advertising your sale, our sister site rebelscum.com has a classified section. You could advertise there. You have to register but it's free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.