main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Is that you brother? The best season 4 episode poll!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 7, 2013.

?

Which season 4 episode is your favorite? Isn't it sinister how Lux didn't make this poll bro? ;.;

1. Darkness on Umbara

5.7%
  2. Carnage of Krell

34.3%
  3. Slaves of the Republic

1.4%
  4. Escape from Kadavo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Friends and Enemy

8.6%
  6. Crisis on Naboo

4.3%
  7. Massacre

10.0%
  8. Bounty

12.9%
  9. Revenge

18.6%
  10. Other

4.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Gets ready to duck:

It'd be nice if, ahem, more of US (see, being inclusive here) learned how to critique (point out the not-so-good a/k/a "negative" AND the better "a/ka/ "AWESOME") along with suggestions on how to improve the not-so-good.

Yes, of course it's acceptable to post: "What utter rubbish" but I'm interested in why this view was formed. It's also okay to post: "Wahoo - multiple decapitations" but I'm also interested in why one bases the worth of an entire episode on one moment.

[face_talk_hand] I'm not asking anyone to change their posting style, just explaining my thoughts.

/no actual quotes were used, implied or stolen in the above. :p

07jonesj and Embomania like this.
  2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, what Rumblewagon said. I initially skipped it but after I watched it (this year) I really regretted that.

rumblewagon likes this.
  3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Bounty is what brought me back to the show and LACWAC after bailing during S4's Christmas break.

cwustudent and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  4. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    It's a discussion board. You lean too far in either direction and it becomes an echo chamber for derision or praise. It's a place to share opinions, and I don't like people pouncing on me for criticism.

Garth Maul likes this.
  5. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
  6. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    I do agree with you. Grievous versus Ventress was very cool. I liked how awesome Grievous was in this episode he kicked but! Also it was cool to see Villains vs Villains instead of always good guys versus bad guys. And it was cool to see the droids fight someone else for a change. Lastly it was great to see the De-Foliator Tank in action.

[​IMG]

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Good job working things out guys /no sarcasm.

Technically we should be able to say "that's a craptastic opinion" so long as it doesn't become "you are a craptastic person".

IMHO, I would take exception more to the "soooooooooo" than the "negative" part. It's the drawn-out "sooooooooooo" that seems to be a bit of a bait to me.

On the recommendations of several posters whose opinions I respect, I will watch Bounty. I generally like Ventress a lot, but I was turned off by Massacre and the Maul drama to come, so I just shut off and didn't watch.

I agree with CT (I think?) who said that he preferred Darkness on Umbara - still my favorite episode of the arc.

And Todd - as I keep saying, if Crisis On Naboo hadn't let the audience in on the Doppelganger Palpatine trick, it would have been one of the best episodes of the season. I just Picard facepalm everytime I think of it, because there is no good reason to do so. "Show, don't tell", is the first rule of screenwriting.

8. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    I promise I am not trying to stir up anything else, but I cannot help but say this:

1) I did not pounce on you deliberately, it was an apparent foolish jab on my part to make a funny. You took it defensively, and that's unfortunate but, okay. When you then "pounced" on me is when I "pounced" back. We simply got lost in translation which is bound to happen over text.

2) You don't like being criticized on your criticism?....to me that's an oxymoron. "I don't like people pouncing on me for criticism". Perhaps I'm linking the words "pounce" and "criticized" together when you do not mean for that to happen. If I'm taking what you mean by that out of context or just misinterpreting what you mean, I apologize in advance.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  9. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    I thought I should say this. My runner up for Season four would be Episode Four Shadow Warrior. Really great episode. I really liked how they brought back General Tarpals and used him in a great way. As well as Jar Jar Binks with the correct voice actor. I must say what I thought was the coolest part of this episode was Rish Loo. The idea of an intelligent, and evil Gungan was mind blowingly good. I also liked Boss Leoni. This episode had it all. Great comedy, like when Jar Jar didn't know what to say to the Gungan army when he was pretending to be Boss Leoni and Anakin says "Come on say something". Or when Jar Jar was walking around all cocky like. I have to admit the funniest part of probably this entire series was when Jar Jar and Tarpals walk into the room to meet the "Separatist General" and Jar Jar's reaction when he sees it's General Grievous. LOL makes me laugh every time. I really liked at the end where Padme was debating with herself weather to trade Anakin for Grievous. Then Jar Jar has a really awesome moment to convince her to make the trade. Dooku Versus Anakin was great as well.

Overall really funny, really unique, and a great homage to Episode One The Phantom Menace. The only thing that prevented me from giving this episode my vote was that Grievous should have killed more Gungans. I believe he killed Four including Tarpals. If he killed Eight or Ten that would have been much better.

[​IMG]

10. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I also really liked Shadow Warrior, two of my favourite characters, Grievous and Tarpals, having a duel was awesome. And Jar Jar just casually messing around with Grievous, lol.

cwustudent and Embomania like this.
  11. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    This scene is the funniest....

General Grievious: So...?

Jar Jar: (looking all nervous and down at the floor rocking in his chair) So.....

Funniest moment in Clone Wars for sure

cwustudent and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  12. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Had to go with Other, as when I thought about it, "Plan of Dissent" was my favorite. And the best, I guess. Sometimes, I can't really distinguish the two. This is one of those cases.

Besides, it's the episode that spawned my avatar, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised with my choice.

Massacre, Friends and Enemies, The Box, and Carnage of Krell are my runners up.

13. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Bounty is definitely a must. Probably one of the best episodes of the series, you see episodes like that and Trespass and think why the hell doesn't TCW do more standalone episodes?

Brothers I would avoid, it's mediocre at best but Revenge is worth a watch. If not just for Witmer's voice acting, it doesn't hold a torch to anything we just got with Maul though.

14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

For me the best part was the commentary with the writers where one says it's great to see Grevious win a fight with another having to point out that he didn't win it. I dunno why I just find that funny for some reason :p

15. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Telling someone that they're being "sooo negative" and then not offering up a reason isn't criticism. I'll take criticism of my points if you can offer a counterpoint.

16. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Yeah I'm going Massacre.
    Got to be loyal to Grievous.

17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    In Bounty, why is there so much emphasis on punching and kicking? It's like everyone is Chuck Norris or something. USE YOUR GUNS PEOPLE THAT'S WHY YOU HAVE THEM.

18. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Why doesn't the 'other' option advance? Let's say if an episode that falls into that option, let's say 'The General' for instance, gets enough votes to place it 2nd, why not let it win that spot fairly like that?

K'Kruhk likes this.
  19. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

Bounty

+Quarzite
    +Ventress's storyline
    +Bounty hunters using their strengths as a group
    +Rather dark storyline of trafficking
    +Buldugans were interesting
    +Kage warriors are hands down one of my favorite species in all of Star Wars now
    +Boba, badass, but still has a lot to learn
    +Great music
    +Awesome art direction, camerawork, animation, etc....
    +Nice twist at the end

Awesome visuals + Great story, It is possible!

10/10

07jonesj likes this.
  20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Revenge: I find it interesting that the Council sends Obi-Wan alone to deal with Maul, Yoda's Force-granted plot knowledge notwithstanding.

I mean, back in the Rule of Two era they heard about a lone Sith and sent like fourteen people. :p

21. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    There's many nice episodes in this season but I think I'll have to pick 'Massacre'; what a great episode. I found it quite interesting and a nice change of pace with an episode like this, where neither of the sides fighting are good and it's more or less a 'grey and gray morality' area. There were some great battle sequences, a great lightsaber duel, an important turning point in Ventress' life and Grievous won (!); he really showed his vicious ruthlessness here, definitely one of his best appearances on the show. As for the overall darkness of the episode, it was well-executed: super zombie Nightsisters running around and ripping droids to pieces as well as Talzin torturing Dooku with a VoDooku doll were some pretty cool stuff. The end scene with a lone and fleeing Ventress briefly encountering Talzin before finding herself all alone was a great and quite emotional scene. I wish they would do more episodes like this one.

22. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    He didn't though, Ventress beats him and he gets the droids to attack her, otherwise I agree, this episode and Bounty would be runners behind the Krell arc for me.

23. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    You misunderstood me. Like I meant, he won the battle against the Nightsisters in the end but not the duel against Ventress; it ended up with him cheating by having the droids shoot at her and when he was about to off her, he got attacked by the zombies which managed to give her some time to get away.

24. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    "Meesa more of a deep thinker." IMHO Jar Jar and Grievous chatting is one of the funniest things in all of Star Wars, period. In the TPM, Jar Jar was annoying and staged, but in the show Ahmed Best's performance feels more natural (no thank Hugh :p ). And I'm a big fan of Shadow Warrior. It should have been two episodes! I wanted more.

I accidentally voted for Crisis On Naboo (my second favorite), when Friends and Enemies is actually my season fave! I was jumping out of my seat and yelling at the screen! "No! Its Obi-Wan!!!" And I had a nerdgasm every time Palpatine was on screen, bcuz he was playing Anakin like a fiddle. Superb animation/performance in Palpatine's office. I also really liked the Rako/Bane/Eval dynamic.

CaptainRex115 and rumblewagon like this.
  25. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Jar Jar meeting with Grievous in "Shadow Warrior" was kinda funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.