main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Is the Reading FF Actually Dead?!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Risca_Skywalker, Mar 23, 2011.

?

Is the Reading FF Actually Dead?!

Poll closed Mar 23, 2011.
  1. Yes it is, there is no hope for us.

25.0%
  2. Well it sure looks like it but I'm still floating around.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. There may be hope for us yet.

75.0%
  4. No, not yet but maybe if a few of us got together...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. NO! WE ARE NOT DEAD!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I have no clue...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Don't care.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Risca_Skywalker

Risca_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2011
    Alright... Time to settle this. Now I know that every single topic (except for my introduction post that never got a reply) is locked. And the last time anyone even touched some of the posts was last year. (Which really ain't that bad considering) but alas... it seems like our Fan Force is gone.

WHEN REALLY WE SHOULDN'T BE!

Okay yeah I get it, the Prequels were over when I was in 5th grade which was almost 6 years ago. But if you didn't hear (which you probably have) They're re-releasing ALL of the films in 3D!

Which is going to be in chronological order starting with Episode I in Late 2012 And really, that's not too far off. So why don't we get back in here and start the chit chat and hub bub!

Better to be late than never right? And better to be Early than Late!

I for one don't want this Fan Force to die because this is the closest Fan Force to me. In fact in most of my wanderings in everything I've never even SEEN a fan force of any kind in Reading except for this!

So vote, and we'll see where we are.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    To be honest, I'm not sure where we stand anymore. I remember founding this Fan Force back around the time of Episode II and we had our ups an downs since then. It has seen multiple leaders over the years and various members have come and gone. Personally, things have been going off in a direction I didn't like and I have stayed clear since then. From there, things have gone into a downward spiral, which brings us to the state of the place as you see it today. I'm not sure where all the other former members went, but if there are new people coming in and interested in participating, I'd be willing to give it another go.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  3. Risca_Skywalker

Feb 18, 2011
    Well, I can understand that. Unfortunately with things that's what usually happens unless completely committed people stick to it.

But personally I'd love to give it a try and see where it goes, and who knows maybe if the FanForce got started up again it would be better than the last one. Every once in a while there's a Renaissance or a Rebirth, I mean look what happened in the Saga. Great Jedi Purge... Empire Strikes Back/Act II of the play everything's pretty much dead and then BOOM! ROTJ Victory and a New Jedi Order!

Who knows, maybe it'll come to be that. But as for right now, we've got two Me and You who are willing to give it a try, I heard all it takes is Three People meeting on a regular basis to get a Fan Force going again.

Force Willing we might find some more people lingering about that want to start again.

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That's actually a pretty cool analogy and I agree 100%! If the need and the people are there, we will succeed.

The thing that really hurt us last time was actually getting people together for a meeting. We would set a date, some people couldn't attend, plans would change and it would just keep on going in that vicious cycle until no meeting was held at all. If we could just set a meeting at a local coffee shop or bookstore or something like that just to chat and set things up, that would be great!

But before we worry about that, hopefully we can get a few more people interested so we can actually get things off the ground first.

5. Risca_Skywalker

Feb 18, 2011
    Oh you really think so? Thanks! :D But yeah it's totally true, if we get enough people that are willing and able to start it up again, we can get this thing rolling.

Hmm, yeah "Darth Real Life" strikes again. That's the only thing that gets me too. I mean, me still being in school and all, but if I have a good lengthy notice before the date then I should be able to work it out, the end of the school year is actually pretty busy for me, but I have a lot of down time in the summer, so that's a possibility for one's who have trouble showing up.

As for people, I asked around in the Welcome forum, hopefully I'll get some responses to that... *shrug* I dunno, I've left my comm link open. It's in the hands of the Force now.

6. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    This board is dead and has been dead for a long time. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

7. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    And it's this kind of attitude that will get us nowhere. I appreciate your concern, but it's only dead if you make it out to be that way. If there are people willing to give it another go - hey, why not give them that chance? They deserve the same right we had to get things going. You know?

8. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    I still float in and out of the forum here, but not much is going on, and DRL has been pretty nasty of late. If I am on the boards I'm usually over at the Fan Fiction boards.

Anyway, I'm game to try and do some meet-ups over the summer. My only problem is that I live in the Scranton area, so I'm pretty far away from most members, and gas prices aren't helping any.

I'm glad there's still some interest here, though, because I'll be sure to check the forum more often!

~Celeste

9. Risca_Skywalker

Feb 18, 2011
    Hey Celeste! Nice of you to drop by. And yeah, DRL has really been hitting us all pretty hard I think. I mean I know that I must be getting attacked by Vader's cousin or something cause all next week I'll be running around like a chicken without a head!

Oooo Scraton, that is a long ways away, and believe me, I understand about the gas prices, every Tuesday and Thursday I'm going down to West Chester for Performing arts school. That drive, is not fun for anyone.

And ya know, We just got person number three on our side! So there's got to be more people out there that just haven't poked their noses into the forum to see if we're still here or not. Thanks for letting us know that your still floating around Celeste, I think our hope just got a boost of confidence. ;) Despite what some may say, I think we're due for a comeback.

Time to look on the bright side of life, we can come back and I really believe that we will.

10. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    I don't take any of this personally and I don't think anyone else should, after all this is only a forum board but, seeing as how I've been called out. I felt the need to respond.[face_peace]

I've been watching the whole "we're putting the band back together" for five years now, and from what I understood from Rob(Jedi Soccer Dad) this was going on for two years before I showed up. So we're talking seven years.

http://boards.theforce.net/reading_pa/b10786/30271739/p1/?60
    http://boards.theforce.net/reading_pa/b10786/26632632/p1/?105
    http://boards.theforce.net/reading_pa/b10786/26630318/p1/?20

That's as far back as this particular board goes. We merged with a Lancaster group, they had three members we had four, but there was a personallity conflict and that only lasted about three weeks. So we unmerged and started this board again.

If you read through the threads you'll see that activity picks up for three or four months, nothing beyond an AIM chat evercomes out of it, and then it dies for six or eight months. I'm not even saying it has to be some form of activity. We weren't even able to keep a conversation thread going. http://boards.theforce.net/reading_pa/b10786/30303988/p1/?20

http://boards.theforce.net/reading_pa/b10786/29326280/p1/?5
    http://boards.theforce.net/reading_pa/b10786/28604144/p1/?3

Stephanie has been around long enough that she's already seen most of what I've put out there. But, now you can see the source of my pessimism.
    Risca, if you can make something of this. More power to you. I wish you nothing but the best of luck.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'd be down for dragging your social scene down.

I'm in Philly. If there is activity and my schedule allows it, I'll consider driving out to nerd it up with some legal-aged people. Of course, I'm quite reformed since the old days of Sarcasm Knight tomfoolery on here, so I'd be moderately well behaved.

12. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Well, here's an update on me, at least. It looks like I may be moving to Philly within the next month, so that'll put me quite a bit closer to everyone. Once all is said and done and I'm settled in, I'd like to see if I can't make it to some sort of meet-up. :)

~Celeste

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Sweet. Count me in, God willingly.

14. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Well, I did it! I made the big move to Philly and am now settled in. Any members still up for trying to schedule a meet up?

~Celeste

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    At the pace this conversation is moving, we will have approximately 5 people willing to meet up in Philly at some point before flying cars... and I will be the old, old man shaking my fist at them, calling them newfangled death traps and then probably die of old age. Can't wait to see you guys. If there is anything resembling activity in here and you want me involved, PM me. If not, I'll check back whenever I remember and see the faithful among you in glory.

16. endorscout64

endorscout64 Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 2013
    Is there a group here in Reading or not? Just curious?

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    They're dead. All of them. Either that or very inconsistent.