main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit ITT: Discuss All Your Favorite EU Moments to Be Destroyed by Episode VII

Discussion in 'Literature' started by vnu, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    One of the reasons I am a Star Wars fan is because of the EU. 6 movies is great, but to go beyond the movies, get to know the characters and events and creatures and planets and battles, that's another thing. The casual moviegoer just watching will never understand.

I'll start:

1.) Wedge being a badass in the Rogue Squadron series. Let's be honest, Wedge won't be in these movies because no one really cares for him or it'll take too long after RotJ. I could see them killing him off in Episode VII.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    The Black Fleet Crisis, NJO, Thrawn Trilogy, X-Wing series, Shadows of Mindor, Dark Empire. The list goes on. This is all speculation of course.....

Not the countless Jaina, Jacen and Anakin get kidnapped stories though. Also not Kevin J. Anderson's stuff.

Zorrixor and WIERD_GREEN_MAN like this.
  3. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    If it's post RotJ, there's actually a ton I would be happy to see destroyed...and I think I may even like EU better than the movies, maybe...
    Today some of my friends told me that Disney released a statement that EU would be respected, but I have not found any proof of that. If Disney had said something like that, these boards would be on it, right?

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I would have expected so.

It would have been linked a million times over.

By me, mainly.

Zorrixor, fistofan1 and JackG like this.
  5. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Lots of people care for Wedge! That's why the EU has never destroyed his character.

I'll miss the ideas of Jacen, Jaina, Tahiri and Tenel Ka, but I won't miss most of what became of them.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Umgullian blob racing. I don't know what I'd do without it. :(

7. reagan64

reagan64 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 26, 2006
    All the WEG stuff, especially. The old RPG sourcebooks did so much to enrich the 'verse.

Nom von Anor and Gorefiend like this.
  8. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Given how popular some characters are, like Wedge, Thrawn, Mara Jade, I can see them being integrated into movie canon.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000

It would be really awesome if we saw Wedge Antilles in a Star Wars movie, wouldn't it?

10. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    ACKBAR IS BACK

Then again, if the Sequel Trilogy does what I expect it to, Ackbar WILL be back! :p

Mind = blown!

--Adm. Nick

Zorrixor likes this.
  11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Last Man Standing. :_|

12. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    *Draws in deep breath*

Rogue Squadron comics and books, Thrawn trilogy, likely a majority of the Jedi Knight games, I, Jedi, the children's Young and Junior Jedi Knights books, most of the New Jedi Order series, Riptide, Crosscurrent, Legacy, Invasion, WEG books, Wizards of the Coast books and articles.

13. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    This is my favorite thread title.

14. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Just call this the wrist-slitting thread and have done with it.

Zorrixor likes this.
  15. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Anyone want to volunteer pics of their deepest slash? I'm a vertical man myself, though horizontal cuts have their charm.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  17. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I can just picture someone using the pages of the Thrawn trilogy to give themselves giant paper cuts, now.

18. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I haven't had a paper cut since 8th grade. You'd have to really work to give yourself a cut of any seriousness, though :p

19. JStepp

JStepp Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 10, 2011
    What if that source is right though, and Episode 7 takes place 1000 years in the future, all of the EU would be safe. What would be your reaction, Maybe Luke can still show up as a force ghost too.

20. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    Episode VII will not take place 1000 years in the future. All of the non-diehard people I've seen talking about this are really excited about seeing what'll happen to Luke/Chewbacca/Leia/Han.

2.) Kyle Katarn
    3.) Thrawn
    4.) Mara Jade
    5.) The Yuuzhan Vong

One thing I WONT miss:
    Jaina killing Jacen, Anakin getting killed off so early, the Big 3 never really bringing peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.