main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Iz can bring it up here?] For the Holidays-change the stary things

Discussion in 'Communications' started by TheGuardianofArlon, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    I see that the administration quickly caves on the issues about which users feel passionately.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Thank goodness for the adblock.:)

They beat Boston!: 2009-2010 L.A. Lakers: Back-to-Back World Champions :cool:

3. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Funnily enough I'm not even sort of Jewish. But I'm never above making sarcastic remarks.

4. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    Sorry, had no idea how serious you guys were about 'no tree', so I prefered to let it be.

5. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
  6. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    Ok, this has been bugging me for ages. Snowman, candy canes, grinch, gingerbread man etc. I get but wtf is that green acorn/lime lookin' thing that - I think - is for <250 posts?

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You mean the Christmas tree ornament?

8. ask-the-younglings

Jan 18, 2004
    Is that what it is? Ugly looking thing to be an ornament. Also, green against a green tree? I can understand why you'd want to camoflage it, but surely red would've been better?

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's what it looked like to me, anyway..

10. ask-the-younglings

Jan 18, 2004
    So that's a personal opinion rather than an official response... does anyone actually know? If not, where did they come from? IGN?

11. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah, that was an ornament.

Also, it was probably past time to turn those off...

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    No - user Fallen-Hero made them for us. (There's a note about that further up in the thread.)

13. ask-the-younglings

Jan 18, 2004
    Well then perhaps user Fallen-Hero would care to present him or herself to explain the nature and purpose of his or her ghastly green creation? Perhaps he or she would also like to explain why - if it is, indeed, a tree ornament - he or she thought that would be appropriate after being given the clear brief 'no trees' by the learned Guardian of Arlon?

You people have been playing fast and loose with these boards for a number of years, and I think it's about time the user-base of this site held you to account for your despotic tyranny and green baubles that look more like a kind of diseased lime or malformed developing acorn.

14. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I don't know where the problem is. Arlon asked for Christmas-stars in a time when none of those, who have the abilities to create stars, had time. I asked Fallen, if she (!) liked to help out. And she did! So we got our well-done Christmas-Stars.

We all should be happy about having nice Christmas-stars instead of calling out one single person. That's clearly unfair and I asked you insistently to stop this!

Just remember how you would feel, if one starts bashing your well done work that you give lots of heart blood into it.

Take this as a first warning for bashing. Your behaviour isn't acceptable!

Edit: Spelling.

15. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Heart blood?

16. ask-the-younglings

Jan 18, 2004
    lol

Ok, um, English clearly isn't your first language. The tone and content of my post above makes it very obvious that I wasn't being even remotely serious. If the creator of the icons is also a non-native speaker and has taken offense, then I apologise, but you should perhaps not be modding boards in a language where you can't guage these things.

17. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    ASG, it's an expression for 'passion'.

Ask-the-younglings, it's good that you apologise - and I take that the second comment as not serious meant as well, since it's very obvious that this is an international board therefore with lots of non-native speakers. But maybe a hint for non-native speaker like "[sarcastic]" for the future would be useful to avoid misunderstandings - especially in a place like Comms. :)

18. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I don't mean this in a baiting rude mocking way, but I genuinely am curious - what is "heart blood", and how do you put it into something?

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Since the holidays are over, I think this thread has served its purpose. Again, thanks to Fallen-Hero for the holiday stars!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.