main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***********January Activity*************

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Marold, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Now that the new year is upon us why not embrace the innerchildren within ourselves and go sledding this month?

My dad knows of a place that we went to when I was younger and I'll ask him about it. I was also thinking, (I know scary thought there) why not bring little children with us. I have 2 nieces that love Star Wars and they love the snow.

2. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    That would be so fun!! I know Jacob would be thrilled to go play in the snow!! :D

3. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    when is a good weekend for everyone?

The place i'm thinking of is in Park City and they usually always have snow whenever ours melts.

4. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Next weekend (the 13-14) is totally packed for me, and the next two weekends might be full as well. But don't plan around me. You pick a time/date and I'll try and make it. I've been needing to go sledding this year :D

5. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I guess it's kind of hard to decide on when to go sledding, what with the lack of snow right now. I'm having my eyes in Park City watch the area I want to go to and see how the snow is there.

6. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Any word? Or are they as thawed as we are?

7. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    my contact (read little brother) doesn't answer the phone. I don't think it will be this weekend. I want to shoot for the 21 of this month if we can.

8. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Sounds good to me - And supposedly we're getting snow tomorrow (Sunday). Cross your fingers. :)

9. SovereignKnight

SovereignKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    I went skiing for the first time ever today. It was a blast. We should have a ski outing sometime. :)

10. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    grrrr.....sking....I've been itching to get up on the mountain since I learned how to snowboard two years ago. I just can't afford the lift tickets...or board rentals...

11. SovereignKnight

Dec 17, 2001
    T'wasn't that much. It cost me $65 for rental, lesson, and lift pass. Decent deal I think. I got some snow down my pants, but I'm pretty sure they threw that in for free. :)

12. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    hm, snow down your pants? You know...they have snow suits to prevent that ;)

13. SovereignKnight

Dec 17, 2001
    I know they have snow pants, but it was my first time. I didn't wanna buy a ski wardrobe and end up not liking it. I did like it however, so I may have to suit up better next time. Jeans + awkward first-time-iness = snow in pants.

14. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    ...and a very wet backside ;)

My snowboard pants actually have an extra layer of warmth on the backside area just for that reason...sitting on it!

15. SovereignKnight

Dec 17, 2001
    I think that "extra layer" you're talking about is for "falling on it".

:)

**thump thump** Is this thing on?

It's like a ghost town on this board.

16. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    sorry....trooping with the 501st this weekend....I'm back now :)

Well the extra layer actually is for sitting on...y'know...you can't just stand there on the hill on a snowboard...you slide somewhere.

17. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    so it looks like the snow dance I did yesterday worked...excellent...I wonder if the money dance will work the same way!

18. SovereignKnight

Dec 17, 2001
    There are a couple of clubs not too far from here where you can dance for money.

:)

I don't know how long the snow is supposed to hang around though. Looks like it's supposed to melt soon. Hard to say, because weather forecasting never seems to be very accurate here.

Of course, if it were money, it would have been long gone.

19. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    It's supposed to snow this week so we'll have plenty of snow this weekend. If it's snowing pretty badly on Saturday I'll move the event to Sugarhouse Park. I hate driving Parley's and in the snow it's worse.

Remember, bring you sleds, warm clothing and any children you see wandering around.

We can go for hot chocolate and donuts afterwards as well.

What times are good for everyone? I don't get off work until about noon or so on Saturdays so any time after that is good for me.

20. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    We will be having the sledding activity in Sugarhouse park. It will start about 2:00 pm and go until all of us are frozen or we want hot chocolate and donuts. There is a Tasty's donut shop across the street from Sugarhouse so we can meet over there.

For those who might not know where Sugarhouse park is. It's about 1350 E and 2100 S.

21. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Where exactly in the park will it be? (I get lost very easily.) Oh, and I think I can make this activity, I'm now working the 5 am shift.8-}

22. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    I'll try to make it.

23. SovereignKnight

Dec 17, 2001
    What day? Saturday?

24. Shadow_Wolf_3882

Shadow_Wolf_3882 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2004
    Yes. This Saturday, to be exact.

25. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Probably the first hill you go down to enter the park. It's the biggest, well not really but the easiest to go up and down and if we have little kids you don't want to tire them out too much. Wait a minute, you might want to.

Yes it is this Saturday and remember we will be having donuts and hotchocolate across the street afterwards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.