main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Jedi Knight 2 CLAN

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JonnyFlamehead, Jun 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    CBielich had suggested to start a TSS clan for Jedi Knight 2. I am very interested in that so I've started thinking of a naming scheme we can all go by.

This is my suggestion and I'd like anyone else to post their's here also:

name of character in green then {TSS} following the name in the same scheme I have on the server. red brackets and yellow TSS.

does that make sense? It would look like this

JonnyFlamehead{TSS}
    KlarkDarkstar{TSS}
    blablabla{TSS}
    and the name of the server would be
    -={Twin Suns Syndicate}=-

just join the server to get a better idea

the reason for doing is so when one of us joins other servers we can advertise our name, and then other Jedi Knight Clans will ph33r us!

anyone have any other suggestions???

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I really need to get this game. Can you play it with a keyboard, or is some kind of joystick better?

3. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    Keyboard is the only way to play this game, I downloaded the demo and you were right about the Quake 3 engine. I cant believe how the console came up right after I started the game. I am so excited about it.

Hey JonneyFlameHead email me and I will give you my ftp stuff to upload a few things.

C

4. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    I got Neverwinter Nights on saturday, but it didn't work on my videocard (stupid Voodoo3). I am taking it back today, but will this work on a voodoo3? any body know? If not i will hunt around the net for my answers.

5. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    I have a voodoo 5 you might want?

C

6. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    Hey Jonny what about using the pipe symbol or something cool like that.
    For instance

cbielich|TTS

or even something like this

==|cbielich{TTS}|==

just a thought

C

Also there needs to be a Clan leader who can devote the time to this clan and maybe bring up a website for us to meet and chat. We should have a poll for this. We should talk.

==|cbielich{TTS}|==

7. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    Heck yeah, i want a voodoo 5! That would give me two whole extra voodoos!:) Yeah, that would be great, I know the problem with NWN and my video card was the fact that i needed OpenGL 1.2 support, but the voodoo3 only supports up to 1.08. There is word that the 5 does support 1.2, but i still am going to trade in NWN for JK2:JO today. Mayhaps I should download the demo first, but meh, too lazy.

8. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    Well, according to the official LucasArts website regarding JK2:JO and my video card: Though it does not support a voodoo3, it will run on a voodoo3 (albeit with some graphically flubs). So as of tonight ==|Acthar_Sm-Ith{TSS}|== (or whatever we choose as our format) will be born! See you guys in cyber space *chortle chortle*.

9. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    Yeah I like you're idea better C. That looks cooler. As far as having a leader goes? you can have that job if you'd like. You know more commands than I do and have more server expierence. Yes lets talk about it. Here's my email batman782@lvcm.com and if you see me on AIM send me a message. It's dbman250.

By the way I switched the server game type to team free for all, so lets see how that goes...

10. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    I feel like an idiot for asking, but how do you chang the colors in the Character name?

==|Inaen{TSS}|==

11. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    Well..... In quaker you would hold down the F keys and depending on whioch one you held as you type then it would change the color. But I have not tryed it with jk2 yet
    I will let you know when i do

C

12. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    to change color open the console by pressing shift + ~ and type

/name "that's the command to change name"

then type your name with ^1-7 before each letter to represent a color.

^1 = red
    ^2 = green
    ^3 = yellow
    ^4 = blue
    ^5 = lightblue
    ^6 = pink
    ^7 = white

Inaen would be like this:

^1I^2n^3a^4e^5n

but don't look at the screen because when you type in what color you want those two characters disapear, so it might get confusing, just play around with it until you get what you want. I discovered this while running the server and watching people who joined. the server doesn't display colors so I'd see people's name show up as how I wrote your name up there.

Also if you want to see people getting cut in half by the light saber when you die or others die type cg_dismember 3 in the console. It's sooooo cool!

13. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    ok, i'm in!!! :)

14. DarthRaith

DarthRaith Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    ::::waves hands in air::::

What about me!??! I wanna play! I need the password to the server

15. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    Hey what in the heck is the mpdefault.cfg file that this dang thing is looking for. Help me out Jonny

C

16. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    There isn't a password DarthRaith.
    just use this IP in your favorites:
    And you're in.

Also guys, when I find out who all wants to be in the poll for Clan Chief, I'll start the Poll.

Being a geek ROCKS!!!!!!!

17. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    Well, I had my first foray into the online realm of JK2. And I think that I didn't pretty craptacular. But I did have fun. When do you guys usually play it? All I on the game was JohnnyFlamehead and this other clanster "penguinWang." They totally kicked my butt from here to next week. I think, though, I will be making a duel map for our clan. It'll be an arena, with a duel area, a spectator seating area, and a control room. anyone have any other idea for it?

18. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    Yeah no password for server YET Darth.

C I sent you an email about that file. I don't know what it is about. I don't even have that on my server. But I still need to upload one more .pk3 file before you start the server. It's the asset0.pk3 it's going to take 9 hours to upload. I'ts huge! I'd be willing to just get you a copy of the files on cd because it would be a lot faster than 9 hours but you have to call me so we can meet. PM me for my number.

Also I have to take down the server for however long it takes to upload this file, because it's using all of my possible upstream bandwidth, so if you guys can help C and I out and get him the CD with the files on it then the server will go back up and we'll have a second server!!! Possiblely a dueling and FFA!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.