main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi MASTER Yoda

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Sith Interceptor, Dec 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Indeed! :D

To be honest, I was hoping the cane thing would get axed anyway. I didn't like that idea. ;)

2. Sith Interceptor

Sith Interceptor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 1999
    I had gotten quite used to the fact his sabre was in his cane.

3. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Yoda's lightsaber should be like all the others. Only his handle will be much smaller.

4. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I always liked the idea of it in the cane too. Oh well the force grab/handswitch works too :D

5. RaptorRage

RaptorRage Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    The Yoda trailer footage is in a thread at the Official Site forums...

6. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
  7. DEATHTOJARJAR

DEATHTOJARJAR Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    Look guys Yoda does have a lightsaber he does fight and by the way he kills >falls to the ground and dies laughing< sorry can't tell you head on over to my website geocities.com/animal27455 and click on the first link that will take you to a page with two pics of Yoda.

8. Sith Interceptor

Dec 22, 1999
    mudhole?

slimey?

my home, this is!

9. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2001
    Greatest. Thread. Ever.

10. darthmaul2002

darthmaul2002 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    If you people haven't noticed...the Yoda Trailer is available... it shows Yoda use a lightsaber. He does do force jump. He flips in mid-air. He blocks force lightening. Go look at the trailer. lock this thread up. it's old news

11. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    This is the funniest @#$% I've ever read about Yoda! From the June 2002 Premiere:

Lucas saw the early tests and said the fight moves weren't fast enough for a Jedi Master of Yoda's stature. "From what I could tell, George was asking for the Tasmanian Devil," Coleman says. "I came up with all kind of solutions: He can hover, he can fly, he can create multiple versions of himself. And George was saying no, no, no." Coleman and lead animator Tim Harrington studied martial arts movies and reworked their stuff. Still, "every time we showed it to George, he said, 'Amp it up! He's got to be bouncing around!'" Coleman says. "He kept saying, 'He's a frog, this wicked-ass frog that's going to kick it.' He literally made the joke that Yoda is the love child of Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy."

[face_laugh]

12. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    :eek: lock this thread up. it's old news :eek:

You've got to be kidding. This thread is classic. Besides, when is the last time they locked a thread that had over 50 pages? I joined here back in October, and this thread was old and classic back then.

By the way, I was at Celebration 2, and the Yoda footage was awesome. The cheap bootleg online doesn't do it justice.

13. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2001
    Looks like SI was right. Early viewings have stated that this steals the show.

14. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    It looks like Yoda's scene is the best scene in the movie, hands down. Even the critics who didn't like the movie loved the Yoda scenes. Here's what a few different reviewers have said:

If you were to sum up the movie in a word or name, it is YODA
    JediNet

But I could boil this movie down to four letters: Y-O-D-A. He is what is going to bring the house down at the 12:01 A.M. showing. What you are going to see will make you squeal uncontrollably with delight and leave your mouth gaping wide open. Believe me, you cannot overestimate how awesome he is. Don't drink anything ahead of time because you are going to pee in your pants. He is what you are going to pay to see over and over again
    Andrew Adams (posted on TFN)

The new animation allows Lucas the opportunity to unleash the master on the enemies of the republic, which leads to the movie's most memorable scene: a Jedi clash between Yoda and his former student turned evildoer, Count Dooku (Christopher Lee).
    wired.com

The action is freer; the characters are fuller, and some familiar faces, if you want to call them faces, are back -- including C3PO, R2D2 and Yoda, the unquestioned star of the film, whose 20 or so minutes of screen time may or may not save the universe, but can't quite save the movie.
    Newsday

And Yoda has a surprise up his sleeve that will drive the faithful wild.
    NewsWeek

But except for a climactic appearance by the venerable Yoda, whose computer-generated lightsaber skills got him on the cover of Time under a "Yoda Strikes Back!" headline, creating emotion is beyond this film's powers.
    LA Times

15. jedi-girl

jedi-girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2000
    yes, now we know why Yoda is the Jedi MASTER :)

16. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    The Yoda scene was.... wow... awesome. Everyone started cheering when he came to the rescue. Now, Yoda's probably going to become the most popular SW character. Most people left the theater saying "Yoda's awesome." or something to that effect.

17. The_Mountain_Man

The_Mountain_Man Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    Yoda kicked ass.

18. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    I think that Yoda may have become the favorite or most popular Star Wars character. The majority of moviegoers seemed to love his scenes, and I overheard many say that the cost of admission was well worth it just to see that scene.

1,000th post! To quote Anakin (TPM): Yippee!

19. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    SI was right on....

20. Sith Interceptor

Dec 22, 1999
    just seeing Yoda's shadow on the ground sent chills up my spine.

UN-*******-BELIEVEABLE!!!! :D

21. Sith Interceptor

Dec 22, 1999
    I thought Dooku got away a little too easy compared to the script. Yoda had the guy by the balls in the script but the movie made it seem like it was a draw.

22. Bariss_Coffee

Bariss_Coffee Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    I think Yoda will defidently meet his match in Episode 3, if he comes into contact with Palpy.

I love the little green guy, but I'd really like to see him bend under Palpy's power.

23. Sith Interceptor

Dec 22, 1999
    well Yoda did warn Luke not to underestimate the Emperor. Maybe he learns first-hand the real power of Sidious.

however, in saying that, I doubt it will come to that.

24. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    i am not so sure about a scene where we see sidious fight in the same fashion as the yoda vs. dooku.

then again - i know nothing.

yoda's words to luke could just as easily mirror his feelings about 2 sith that went on to decimate 1000's of jedi.
    he doesn't actually need to be there.

however - gl clearly has tons of things bumping around in his head.

i believe epIII will be his last soiree in the GFFA - and i think he is gonna want to go out with a serious bang.

outdoing the yoda fight-scene would certainly be one way of making epIII the best of the saga.

btw: good to see you still bouncing around these halls!!!!!!!!

25. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    UP!

Remember this thread? It's over a year and a half old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.