main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Jedi Outcasts Social Thread, v.6. All are Welcome -- TOS Minded

Discussion in 'Community' started by Laine_Snowtrekker, Feb 21, 2010.

1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Happy New Year my friends, and may 2013 be blessing unto us all. [face_party]

2. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    Hello, y'all! I really ought to drop in more often. And a big shout out to Martin, Rhonda and...Chris? I hope I got that last one right. It's been so long......and I'm gettin' old, kiddies! Natalie, sounds like you and Bevan are having one whale of a time! Hubby and I are fully retired now but we haven't been able to do much gadding around as we would like to - my knees, his back. Ah well, I can virtual travel and I do a lot of that! I'll try to get in more often... [:D]

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  3. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    *tackle hugs Sel into a soft chair* Hi! Yep, we are having fun with our house. Took down Christmas today and started putting up some of the day to day decor. It feels like home! Getting old, huh? You're what... let's see, you were 16 :p when I met you and that was... wow... ten years ago now? I hope the two of you enjoy retirement and that your knees and his back still let you enjoy it. :)

Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2013 is full of great fun for us all!

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Looking forward to when you do Sel! :D

Happy New Year all! And congrats as well Earwen and Bevan ;)

5. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Thanks!

So what is everyone up to?

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Working. :p And, when I'm done with that, sleeping.

7. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Biting my nails about paper work being finished so that I can take my last semester.

8. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    That's so exciting Gunny! :p

I hope the paper work gets completed on time for you Mitth!

*skips off to paint*

9. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    *makes sure to avoid the fresh paint and chews on the table legs like his mother taught him* :p

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    So...I didn't think this place was still up and running. Shame on me! [face_not_talking]

Well,, Outcasts, how is everyone doing?

So, until the boards are fixed from missing posts, I am sad to report that our old RP games are lost as well, fractured beyond use in some areas. :(

Nat, how did everything go with the house? I've been out of the loop on Facebook...

11. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    Oooooooooooooo!!!! I know what I forgot to tell you! I'm a great grandmother! That's Gr-Nana, if you really want to know! Alycin Marie Russell was born on December 4, 2012 - about a month early and small, but doing just fine! I've got some pics somewhere - I just have to remember how to access them - this is a laptop and I'm used to a PC with XP. I'm learning all over again. [face_dunno]

12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    GREAT JOB SEL!!!! =D= Great news to hear!

13. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Congratulations Sel! Wonderful news.

14. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    That's wonderful news Sel! Congrats! So which of your kiddos turned into a grandparent? On baby news, I get to be an Aunt to more kiddos. My brother and his wife are expecting twins in August. :)

The house is good. We've been in it since right before Thanksgiving. It was a long wait for the bank to approve. Since we've been in it we've done a bunch of stuff. We tore out a closet (to enlarge another), Bevan got rid of the ugly lights and even added lights in some places, and we painted: the bathroom, bedroom, office, living room, dining room, and kitchen.

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Good to hear Nat! :) We're finishing up painting the spare bedroom, plan on turning it into a study room / board game room. Can't wait to start to move stuff into the room! :D

16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Ooh, sounds lovely you two. Glad to hear the homes are coming together.

17. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    *sigh* this new set up is throwing me some loops. I thought I answered but maybe I didn't hit the post button. *sigh* Oh well, I'll try again. 'Tis my eldest, Jim III who is the grandfather...and you have no idea how weird that is! I mean...he's going to be a new father in about 6 months! 8-} Methinks I shall go just a little bit mad... On top of all that, CHRIS IS GETTING MARRIED ON NEW YEAR'S EVE!!!!!! *faints* *wakes up* His fiancee, Amy lives down in Southeast Texas - near Beaumont and Houston. They're going to live down there - Amy is an English teacher at one of the area High Schools. She also teaches Journalism.

18. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Just make sure you let it dry completely before moving stuff in. :)

How's school going Mitth?

That does seem like it would be weird. But then again, I'm older than the bio parents of two of my siblings and my Mom is older than their biological grandmother.

Tell Chris congrats on his engagement! That's really exciting!

19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    School? School!!!

Meh, it goes and its trying to roll over me like a steamroller but so far I survive. I am making it, slowly but surely and with occassionally faultering steps.

Kids these days, must just get old enough, wed, and have kids of their own. I have seen forty year old grandmothers so I am not too terribly surprised, and so long as they found true love happy for your kiddos ecetera ;)

20. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Each step brings you closer to graduation. :)

21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    And school dropped another load of bricks in my student advisor suddenly a class she forgot to tell me I needed when I asked her last semester "I need this and this and this. . .anything else?" "No." Now it is suddenly half way through the last semester "What about this?" The fact she is asking me that question is driving me nuts and making it hard to apply myself for a test today or the paper due after tomorrow. ARGH!!!

*This has been a near graduates rant, please ignore or move along without concern. The color red should be avoided for present. That is all. Thank you and have a nice day.*

22. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Yikes! I hope you were able to focus on your test and paper. I also hope that it works out for you!

23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Finished the test, found out I read the chapters from the wrong book of the two for the class. Paper is submitted, don't feel good about it but oh well. Figured out advisor is correct I am one two cred course shy from being allowed to graduate, waiting for further replies about how I can address and work through this matter. Felt discouraged and scatter brained, now just a little numb, but it will work out. Who knows maybe she will find a way I can graduate for the degree and work with it whilst finishing the one class. . .perhaps I am reintering the realm of hope. That or else my realm of fantasy has redecorated since my last visit.[face_dunno]

24. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    I will hope that you are able to find a solution you like quickly and graduate as you planned. :)

25. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Aparently it was the realm of fantasy redecorated. I can take the last class next year in the spring and no way of graduating before then. Ugh. But I can get certified after this semester and actually work so long as I pass the courses this semester. So an upside, and I shall see if another local college offers the course sooner. Here's to hoping.