main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JEDI Robes, Lightsabers, and Costuming Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Jade-Walker, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    skye, when you get my letter (and fabric sample)...I found out that Wal-Mart Parmatown is OUT of the stuff I bought! So, if you want to use that...we're gonna have to find it somewhere else. I can check Brookpark Road, and there is a Wal-Mart on the way to Summit Mall from 77S (I can swing by there before the meeting)

I found two that might be adapted for the Jedi tunics and other costumes.
    Pattern sharing...good! :D Kim do you still have those patterns you showed us when we all started talking about this? Because if Em's Leia (kids costume) doesn't fit...or can't be altered to fit an adult...there was one that I think would work out good for her.

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Did I hear Matrix patterns?! My Neo costume is cool, but it's not really a replica of the real one. Just something I threw together that resembles it enough. Did you happen to pick that up, Skye?

3. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I sure do. ;)

I also have a Wal-Mart pretty close to my place.

4. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I saw that one also at Wal-mart...when I saw it I started laughing cause I just thought about you Eric! :D :D

5. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Eric, Sorry I did not pick up the Matrix pattern :( but perhaps I could help you find it or look up the pattern number for you or if you are really serious, pick it up for you. I guess I should have realized you wanted it. Let me know but I may not get to a Walmart again until the 25th or 28th. Between this levy stuff and physical therapy, I don't have a lot of free time. Let me know and I'll see what I can do.
    So, if you want to use that...we're gonna have to find it somewhere else. I can check Brookpark Road, and there is a Wal-Mart on the way to Summit Mall from 77S (I can swing by there before the meeting)
    Geoff, I haven't received the fabric sample but if you have a chance to pick up some extra fabric somewhere else, I'd really appreciate it and would, of course, reimburse you. My friend advised me to get eight yards of at least 44 inch width.

6. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Go to my Mullet Update thread and look at the pic of the alter boy. When I was wairing the costume, I noticed that the under garment (the black robe) IS DEAD ON to the Neo costume. I say go buy an alter boy costume and just chuck the top piece and BAM! Your done!

7. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Wow...

OK I thought some might want to know that remember that problem with the Padme Dress, well I just got a e-mail from her and she is SO SORRY for what happen and not only might give me back my money BUT she also might just give me the dress cause of all the problems with this!!

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!

That would mean I will have THREE generations of Skywalker costumes! :D

8. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Excellent, Em! :D

I met with Caroline today and we figured out a good plan for how to alter the outer robe pattern. This will be great! :D

9. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Skye, you really don't have to worry about picking up the Matrix pattern for me. It's all good.

10. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Bad news skye...I couldn't find any of the material I bought at the Brookpark Rd Wal-Mart :( There was some really good stuff, for a Luke ROTJ cloak! ((eyes on the prize Krash)) so you may have to check out the one at Summit Mall...sorry (this place didn't have much)

Great news...sounds like Kim and Caroline did alot of the groundwork for us to get started! Thanks you two...I'm really looking forward to Saturday.

11. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Ok, I broke down and joined the Rebel Legion

View My Shame .

Anyone else a member?

12. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah dude. I'm a member, see Page 17 of the Jedi. Eric P. Cindy is also in it.

13. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    LOL Jon! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :D That is one funny pic! Probably the best one there! :D

14. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Hahahahahahaha...that is a great picture!

I just am waiting to see which of my costumes will be done first to join!

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    You know Kenny...i think I learned something today:
    I bought ALOT of fabric!
    You have to wash the fabirc before cutting it up...
    I am a much larger person then Jade-Walker/Malo-Ha/Padawan92...
    Libby RULES!!!

After a Geonosis asteroid chase through the back-roads of Summit county (that was really cool BTW) we made it to Kim's...and got alot of work done.

Thanks Bret for your guidance and experience in costuming (especially robes)...and the TIE/Sith combination was a nice touch!

Kim, your attention to detail has been helpful in getting us (at least me) started. And if you find a spool of dark brown thread...that's mine!

Can't wait for next weekend!!!!

16. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Yeah...and I found out that 100% cotton shrinks...A LOT!

17. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    I guess 100% polyester has its benefits. [face_laugh]

I don't think I would of been able to get as far as I did on my robe last night without Kim's help. There are dozen's of little details I never would of thought of. Thanks Kim!

Don't forget to mention the ironing Geoff. I've never seen a guy ironing before.

18. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Yeah...thanks Kim & Bret!!

Now I just have to begin with my Leia one!

19. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I had a lot of fun helping you all.
    Now I just need to get working on my own. :p

We'll have to do this again (even after Caroline's). We might have different patterns, but it could be fun doing costuming as a group. :D

And thanks to Bret for all of his help. :D

20. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    No Problemo. I had fun. :D

21. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    That is one funny pic! Probably the best one there!

Thanks! It's actually taken from THIS PICTURE

LOL ERIC!!! Your pic is funny! Looks like your taking a "Force Leak"... ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHA!!!

Random's pic

22. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Wow! Caroline and I just got done working on her version of the Aayla Secura top and it's awesome!!!!
    We still have a long way to go, but I'm really excited! :D :D :D

23. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Jon, you're just jealous cuz my Schwartz is bigger!

24. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's too classic!

25. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I just got an e-mail stating that my lightsaber is ready and he will ship it out tomorrow! :D

If you want to see it go to Random Sabers and click on Juno. There will be a difference, however, in that the buttons and D-ring will be brass instead of silver. And later I'll wrap the grip with leather.

I can't wait! :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.