main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi vs Sith prequel movie idea

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by backdeskproductions, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidina

Vidina Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    Everything that has a beginning, has an end.

So get to writing it!

2. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    Is Jed still around?

3. backdeskproductions

backdeskproductions Jedi Master star 3

Aug 17, 2007
    ....the time has come.[face_batting]

4. LLL

Jul 16, 2000
    ...Jed? [face_batting]

Don't forget to go read the latest version of Part IV so we can be sure we're really finished!

Thanks.

5. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    Yeah I'm here. Been busy with college so I haven't been on much. But I am working on it so don't worry. Shouldn't be too long. I'm hoping to get it done within a couple of weeks. I'm off all weekend and on Tuesday as well so I have time to write.

6. LLL

Jul 16, 2000
    Cool.

Maybe we'll actually have a finished script before long.

7. LLL

Jul 16, 2000
    I'd like to take the time right now to announce my intention to leave this project.

I'm just kind of losing interest in it, and I really don't want to work on it anymore. I figure I've served my purpose, which was to get something organized and written. It's almost there now, and Jed has an ending for it, so if it's OK I'd like to turn responsibility for it over to someone else.

I wish everyone best of luck with it.

8. DVCPRO-HDeditor

DVCPRO-HDeditor Jedi Master star 4

Nov 24, 2006
    I'd like to thank you for all that you've done. =D=

9. Vidina

Jan 11, 2006
    Actually, I'd like to resign my position as a VFX Supervisor. This isn't due to anything personal, professional or stress-related, it's simply because the way things look, this thing will be a collaboration, sure, but it seems to also be shot in the US exclusively, and thus, I feel it'll be way more convinient to have a US-based VFX Supervisor that can actually attend to the shooting, to ensure top-quality and streamlined production workflow. I'll still handle a good part of the effects and set up a more-than-decent crew to help out as well, I just don't want the production to be held back because of time-zones and convinience, once it kicks off.

Hope you all understand, and I hope we can decide on a good supervisor to take my place.

10. backdeskproductions

Aug 17, 2007
    :eek:

LLL you have done your part. However I ask that once the ending is written that you act as the editor and look over it once more. [face_praying]

And Vidina, time zones could be an issue if we had a real date to have this project completed by. Fortunately at this moment that isn't the case. Also I remind everyone that this project was sposed to involve a community of filmmakers from all over. Besides... I love your work.

What I'm saying is... don't go [face_batting]

11. LLL

Jul 16, 2000
    Well, how about this?

If there's some unresolvable disagreement once it's all done and posted, I'll be willing to read it over and write you an opinion.

But really, once it's done, it's the director's project, and it should be what the filmmakers want, not what the writers wanted. Once a script is done, the director and film people take it away from the writer and make it what they want to film. So I'm not stepping in and saying anything has to be this way or that anyway. It's not my job. I can give everyone an opinion, and you can take it for what it's worth. If necessary.

If you want me to read it, though, best to email me, because I'm not visiting TFN that much anymore. UPSTARTLL8@msn.com.

12. Vidina

Jan 11, 2006
    Dammit, I did write a reply to this already, and hit the post buttong, but I guess it never made it.

Shortly, I said I understand that it was meant as a collaboration, and should be treated as one, but I feel that a VFX supervisor should have control over the shots, set-up wise, and if not the supervisor, at least someone with knowledge enough to help set it up properly.

If this whole thing doesn't prove a problem, however, I'll be happy to keep the position. It's just that I feel a supervisor should be more on-par with the shots.

13. backdeskproductions

Aug 17, 2007
    I understand LLL. That's what I was thinking.

Vidina, we will be sure to send you raw footage as soon as it is shot (in a lower quality, email size version of course). Besides, you make my world whole. [face_blush]

14. Vidina

Jan 11, 2006
    Well, to actually get the ppipwline working quick enough, I'll set up an ftp with separate logins once it's needed. The FTP will be structured like a harddrive, and have directories for whatever needs to be done.

Example:
    Folder 1: RAW Footage
    Folder 2: Keying.
    ---sub-folder: shot01
    ---sub-folder: shot02
    Folder 3: Rotoscoping
    ---sub-folder: shot01
    ---syb-folder: shot02

ect.

You get the idea. People that are hired to do roto only, will only be given access to download from the roto folder, and have upload rights to a separate folder that reads something like "roto done".

As I said, if it's not slowing down production, I'll definitely stay on board, and start contacting my peers, but shuold there be any issues at all with my staying on board, I'll step down immidiately.

15. backdeskproductions

Aug 17, 2007
    we dont hate you, vidina. As I see it, you're like a production manager with your idea of ftp and folders and all those other french words. (haha im just an audio guy)

16. Joel_K

Joel_K Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Keep in mind, he's Norwegian.

17. backdeskproductions

Aug 17, 2007

FINALLY!

I was waiting for that to come up

18. Vidina

Jan 11, 2006
    Dude, it's getting old.

No, wait, it's not! :D

19. backdeskproductions

Aug 17, 2007
    what's not getting old? [face_batting]

alright I gotta stop... it's getting wierd.

And now let's take it to Jedsith for the script update.... jed?

20. DVCPRO-HDeditor

DVCPRO-HDeditor Jedi Master star 4

Nov 24, 2006
    Given that this is a story primarily about a droid, do you think it might be acceptable to take a more electronic perspective on some classic John Williams' themes in the soundtrack? No a "techno" soundtrack by any stretch (akin to "The Matrix") but less of an organic, orchestral sound and more reliance on synth and electric instruments.

21. backdeskproductions

Aug 17, 2007
    You mean kinda like what they have in the Clone Wars series. I would say thats ok.

22. Jedsithor

Oct 1, 2005
    Sorry. Been extremely busy on shoots for the last few weeks.

I have two weeks off starting next week so I will hopefully finish it then.

23. drewjmore

drewjmore Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 15, 2007
    Cool, Jed. At least you're still into it!

24. backdeskproductions

Aug 17, 2007
    Phew! I just dug myself out of a mountain of work. This is like my first time back on this forum for like a month! How's the 'ol script comin? (if there still is one hehe)

25. Jedsithor

Oct 1, 2005
    Barring a meteor hitting the Earth and annihilating all life on the planet, the script should be up at some point today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.