main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedied - An Official Thread (Episode 1 nears completion)

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by SoloCommand, Aug 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Star Wars - Jedied - A Way of Life
    Episode One: 'Life and Murray' or 'Things to Do on Corellia when you're Dave'

Jedied is Alive, just rather quiet lately.
    With the apparent demise of all other items on the Galactic Garbage production adgenda, Jedied is rolling ahead at full steam.
    Fueled by seemingly endless nights of Coca Cola and Japanese Rock Music (Hanel, it's better than that gawd-awful Pop/Karaoke stuff); Jedied Episode One is nearing completion, with the First Edit Completed, the first episode of the sitcom series, clocks off at a happy 40 minutes.
    Over the next month, we'll see the completion of the first chapter in the series, with Script Editing and revamping this week, Re-recordings next week, and hopefully, the editing and release of the final release version before August 24th (just don't hold me to that, please).

Anyway, a little information about what to expect... Here's the details.

Jedied - A subtle blend of lateral thinking and extreme cheesy-ness.

A Mix of Star Wars, Spaced and Hitchhikers Guide,
      Jedied is an Audio Drama for the next generation.

Set 600 years before The Phantom Menace, Jedied chronicles the life of hapless ex-jedi (post jedi, jedi-ed, Jedied, geddit?), Hal Greenwick and his supposed padawan student, Dave Shiwwiban; along with green girlfriend, Lisa Edonal (A Twi'lek with mood swings more powerful than you could possibly handle), boss Brian (A Distant Relation of Jedi Master Yoda), and droid workmate, CeeGee One-Eighty-Nine; on a diet of Murray (A Sentient Foodstuff, a concept taken with a pinch of salt), Alcohol and the out-of-date content of their refrigeration-unit.

Jedied stars English Actors both playing the two Jedi, Jonathan Phillips (Dave) and Richard Brookes (Hal)
      Alongside the voice talents of Roman Banias (Narrator), Chris Hanel (Murray), Caitlin Connemara (Lisa) and Michael Smith (CeeGee).
      James Phillips (No relation to Jon) will be joining the cast in the Episode 2 as the Bad Guy, Mike.

Written and Directed by Richard Brookes.
      With Special Thanks to Martin Lejeune.

The Website has recently been re-launched, and can be found at www.brokoid.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/jedied

Comments, Fan-mail, Hate-mail, and any burning questions you've just got to ask can be raised here.
    I'll keep you updated through the next few weeks as the first part of the project nears completion.

2. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    Rich: I have that file to record the audition clips you want, but I'm at a loss as to the accent you want. Can you provide an example?

3. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Oh, yah, no problem, I'll send you over the audition we got for a similar role.

4. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Email it: timeline@stawarz.com

5. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    The day has come, and I don't have the finished version of Jedied 1,
    But, no matter, no-one's really all that fussed.

Anyway, seeing as I'm to blame for not meeting the deadline, I decided to ham together a quick, 2 minute trailer entitled 'Love at First Sight', which you can find, along with 2 absolutely lovely wallpapers, on the Jedied Website.
    Awesome thanks to Cait Connemara and Jon Phillips for rushing in those quick lines, and to Ry Simpson for making those brilliant little caricatures.

Otherwise, that's it, you won't hear from me for a month of so.
    So... ciao.

6. Tempestjonny

Tempestjonny Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Thanx for the thanx. I loved the trailer and I hope other people do to.

7. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    Alright, sorry, it was supposed to come out Autumn last year, I bottled, after hearing it, I felt the comedy did'nt quite work as it was, I apologise for not saying anything sooner.

Jedied is going through a few changes at the moment. And so now, the trailer for 'Jedied - Reformatted' will be released (quite possibly on Newgrounds) around this time in 2 months.

I'll do my best to shoot some Concept Art and Audio samples onto the board some time next week.

...Along with finishing off the Official Site...

8. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Wow, it lives again. I'll be sure to put a news byte up about that on Fanworks tomorrow or Tuesday.

Any chance you want us to hook you up with a Fanworks page too, like we discussed ages ago?

And whatever happened to Space ****?

9. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    *chuckles* Space **** was never my thing, Nate. Ry went off to do bigger and brighter things... besides, after episode 5 the scripts were verging on tasteless ^_^ if I do say so myself.

Anyway, yeah, find me on MSN or something, I'll see about that fanworks page, I'll just finish off the page on the G2 site first so there's some material to link to.

10. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    Tasteless? Tasteless? We took the concept of rude words and fart jokes and made something really epic. Tasteless indeed.

11. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    Wang jokes? Need I say more?

12. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    I loved Space ****. It was crass and crude, but sometimes its a nice distraction. I thought some of the gags where as close to Douglas Adams as I've heard from a fanaudio. I hope they continue with the humor.

13. MatevKenas

MatevKenas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm probably late to the party on this (as usual), but if you need any characters, I'm available. I do quite a few accents and have a book for speaking certain Star Wars languages (I put Trekkies who speak fluent Klingon to shame with my Wookiee.)

14. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    Tell ya what Matev, we're just in the middle of a Trailer at the moment, I'll get back to ya once we've finished, alright?

15. MatevKenas

MatevKenas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2003
    Sounds like a plan.

16. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    Speaking of a Plan: 'The Return of Space ****' is in the works... acording to Ryan.
    So... yeah.

17. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    It's onmy to-do list, anyway.

18. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Huzzah. Looking forward to both Jedied and Space ****.

19. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Guys please... ****...

20. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    ****. ****. ****.
    Translated from British slang:
    Idiots, Morons, Goof-balls.

Space Idiots is the American translation of the title.

Its ok. Don't call the FCC. TFN isn't owned by Clear Channel.

21. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    "****" in "Space ****" makes it something that can't be discussed?

Quick, Rich, insert a plug for the Fanworks board at GalacticSenate.com quickly! :p

22. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    As the creator, the title is my idea and responsibility, I would just like to say, for the record-

23. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    www.galacticsenate.com the official home of www.starwarsfanworks.com, the Home of Star Wars Internet Fan Audio

24. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    Rich: Indeed it is.

Ryan: Indeed they are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.