main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation JJ COMMENTS ON ORIGINAL CAST RETURNING TO E ONLINE

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by mglover92, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mglover92

mglover92 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    May the wait be longer... With J.J. Abrams now officially on board to direct "Star Wars: Episode 7," and Disney confirming the news late last week, fans are now patiently waiting for 2015, the date that was first tossed out for the potential release. But it looks like that may not be set in stone. In fact, Disney's press release announcing Abrams made no mention of a release date at all, and this is perhaps why....
    THR reports that while Abrams is on to direct, he "has not committed to that release date, meaning the date could be changed if the development process requires it." This is hardly a big surprise. Abrams pulled the same move with Paramount when negotiating to helm "Star Trek Into Darkness." They wanted the followup for a 2012 bow, but Abrams refused to rush and pushed the movie back to 2013. And there's something admirable about that. With studios cranking out sequels faster than ever, it's refreshing that Abrams wants to make sure things are right before rolling cameras.
    Meanwhile, Abrams has finally commented on his new "Star Wars" gig. “It really is an incredible thing,” Abrams told E! Online last night on the PGA red carpet. “It's wildly surreal. It's obviously way too early to talk specifics,” Abrams said when asked if original cast of Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford would return. “But I'm excited to actually start it.”
    However, as stoked as he might be, the other thing to consider is that outside of "Star Wars," Abrams is extremely busy. He's confirmed to produce "Star Trek 3," develop the next "Mission: Impossible" and just had two TV pilots get greenlit. Undoubtedly, his attention is going to be divided, and perhaps he wants to clear a few things off his plate before zeroing in on "Star Wars: Episode 7." We'd reckon he's already talking about the story with screenwriter Michael Arndt, but the million dollar question will be what Abrams-esque twist or approach he'll want to bring to it.
    So put your Boba Fett costume back in the closet for now. A galaxy far, far away might be a bit further than previously thought....

I apologize for posting this if it has already been posted. I felt this needed a thread for itself since this is the first time we actually heard a comment about the original cast coming from JJ himself. He is not denying so I take this as good news!...Hope this date does not get pushed back to far though =/

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...ars-episode-vii-film-could-be-pushed-20130127

2. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    *yawn* he basically said "no comment"

3. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I like his attitude.

A lot of sequels are rushed, for sure. My two biggest fears are Jurassic Park 4 and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. The former may be further in development then the makers let on, but the latter's director dropped out, he feared they were rushing his movie.

4. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    JJ's soo cute when he's being all secretive.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  5. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I wouldn't mind him delaying it a year to make sure he releases the best Ep 7 he can. I never thought I would see an Ep. 7 on screen so a little longer than 2015 won't be a big deal. I just want it to be good, even if it's not what I expected

fishtailsam likes this.
  6. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Everything is going as planned....

markdeez33 and JediKnightOB1 like this.
  7. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    As long as he doesn't pull an Axl Rose and take 15 years to produce the project.

8. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, this has been posted a few times in different ways.

Darth Chiznuk and fishtailsam like this.
  9. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I always thought the 2015 release date was extremely ambitious for a movie like Star Wars. Now they've got a methodical director I reakon we can pretty much bin 2015 and look more towards 2016.

2017 would bring things nicely full circle with ANH's 40th anniversary, of course.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    ZOMG!!!! The bolded larger font certainly added to the tingly feeling of excitement that I get when I read nothing...

11. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    He also confrmed that the big three eat food and drink water to stay alive on a daily basis.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I suppose it is confirmation that, as of the interview, all three are still alive or he more than likely would have said something about their funerals. This clears up the crisis of Mark Hamill's recent lackluster Tweeting habits...

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Silence gives consent.

Kevin Smith is right -- the BIG 3 are back! :p

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Now that you mention it, he purposefully kept mum about Ahmed Best, too. Now, that is the news I was waiting to (not)hear! JarJar is coming back!

15. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    The overanalysis of every single mention of SW anywhere just keeps fuelling the already out-of-control overhype train.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    My college roommate Tweeted about the new film. Cannot wait to see him in the film!

Roger Goldleader likes this.
  17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Why did they pick this guy? It's obvious he's too busy.

18. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    nope, if it's delayed, it will not be to make sure that the movie is better.

It will be about JJ busy agenda.

I love JJ (Felicity is my favorite TV show ever), but one more year working on this movie will not make it better.

It's SW, the script can be worked out inside 10 months.

If not, Arndt is not the man. If he's the man and JJ rewrite the whole thing, we are in deep trouble.

19. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I find the whole Jurassic Park 4 thing strange, and not in a good way. First of all its release date announcement literally came from nowhere. I mean, I knew a script was in development, but that was it. They’ve announced it for next June, and a director hasn’t even been officially announced. Still, when I think of rushed movies I then always think of Rise of the Planet of the Apes and X-Men: First Class. Both were announced literally one year before they came out and they turned out pretty well.

Darth Chiznuk and Darthsuggs like this.
  20. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    The original cast is returning to E Online? :eek:

21. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    Your posts are hilarious!

22. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    If Mark Hamil returns as an older Luke in EP VII, I predict he will be killed to maintain the parallelism with EP I (Qui Gon) and EP IV (Obi Wan). Or if Harrison Ford returns, Han Solo could be killed off. Nothing like the death of a major protagonist to amp up the dramatic possibilities.

23. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Hugh Quarshie and David Prowse, also not mentioned!

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Panaka is never coming back.

I don't actually know this to be true, but it is certainly what he would want me to say in a situation such as this.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. Unless I'm banned. Or dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.