main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JKOC T-Shirts - Final Stages of Production

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    While there has been much thought and conversation on the matter, it's taken this long to get started on the production of Fanforce T-shirts. Please refer to T-Shirt planning thread for any questions regarding the basic design of the T-shirt (that was agreed on). Basically, the JKOC logo (front) "The Force of the Northcoast" (back)

The purpose of this thread is simply ordering of JKOC T-shirts from Premiere (BMack is the man in charge of this). Brian will have more information about the SPECIFIC details of the T-shirts...so please be patient. I would suggest PM with BMack (or myself) for placing an order. (whichever you prefer B)

2. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    GO!

The design has been finalized. It just took forever to find it with all of the posts about this topic. Krash & Jedi_BMack?s description is accurate. I apologize to all. I just wanted to be sure everyone knew what they were getting themselves into.

3. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    OK, I thought we finalized the design at one of the last meetings I was at (Southpark mall, Browns lost in overtime, Candii became skelekatary.) Anyways, Brett's and my designs were getting combined with "Force of the North Coast" on the back. That's what I remember.

Once this is final and pinned down, we'll move on...

-b-

4. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Sorry if there wasn't "conclusive" evidence on the thread; I based that post on the notes in my "grail diary" of a notebook, that I bring to the meetings. Here's what I have for Meeting #7 (dated 9/29/02)

T-shirts:
    iron on= cheaper...quality? (OfficeMax)
    needs good printer
    could customize???

Steve CSI/Premiere poll? (on hold)
    Test prints? (Brian/Cindy)
    advertise website? ("got armor" debate)

logo (front) "The Force of..." (back)

Given that, and the lack of dispute on the boards afterwards, I was under the impression that was acceptable to everyone.

EDIT: Steve, it's funny that you should mention "What color was the shirt?"...because I'd spoken with Brian today (on the phone) and we were discussing conducting a poll (with your approval) to decide on which color to go for. While there have been many possibilities, we need to decide on ONE to go with, keeping the costs as minimul as possible.

"I wrote them down in my diary, so that I wouldn't HAVE TO remember!"

5. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    I want one, Hollywood must be made awair of the JKOC!

6. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    So the final as it stands right now from my recollection and Krash's notes:

Front:
    [image=http://www.thejediknightsofcleveland.com/tshirt/front_bw.gif]

Back:
    [image=http://www.thejediknightsofcleveland.com/tshirt/back_wb.gif]

And if we decide to do just one screen to save cash, here's a combo:
    [image=http://www.thejediknightsofcleveland.com/tshirt/combo_wb.gif]

Mind you, colors have not been confirmed at all. We'll start to decide on colors once this is settled.

-b-

7. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Couldn't we break up "The Force Of The North Coast" to individual words, each on their own line, thus filling the T-shirt up, and allowing us to make the lettering bigger? example:

THE

FORCE

OF

THE

NORTH

COAST

(imagine each of the words is centered on the shirt)

8. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    It would look more professional with the words all on one line. I would also imagine it to be cheaper.

9. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    With the white shirts, is it possible that it could be an outline instead of the whole graphic being black?

If it's not possible, I like the black shirts.

10. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    Cool, feedback... Feedback is good, but I need to direct it some...

One screen or two? Not colors. but front and back or just front? This is a monetary issue, not aesthetic. I can make both look good...

Once that is settled, we can move on to more design-specific questions.

-b-

11. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Was the cost was the same for any color t-shirt?

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I agree, having the "The Force of the NorthCoast" as ONE line gives a more professional look to the shirt. And as I'd said to Brian (in our phone conversation) for the sake of cost...I like the idea of putting both on the front (One Screen, as Brian explained).

As a matter of simplicity, I'm in favor of the white (lettering) on black (t-shirt)...one screen job. Basically, the design in my post.

While there are other ideas, this one seems like the most cost effective; for the amount of "Republic Credits" I have to spend on this. And it looks good!

EDIT: Once we've decided (for sure) on the color SHIRT we want...we can start organizing the ordering and money situation. As in my original post...Brian is the contact person with this (I'll offer assistance where needed)

EDIT: Poll sounds good Zod! Please specify that we're voting on the COLOR of the T-shirt. Which will influence the color of the design (be it ones screen or two)

13. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    What is the price difference (per shirt) if the "Force of the North Coast" goes on the back and the logo goes on the front (I'm assuming in the upper-left area, near where a pocket might be).

It would look much better that way, and if the difference is only a dollar or two, I'd go with that.

Just $0.02 from a guy who couldn't make it to the meeting cause he was taking a nap and didn't wake up in time. :(

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Brian will have more specific information. But as I understand it, in my notes from meeting #7 (dated 9/29/02)...we learned that 2 screens (front and back) will double the "set-up" costs. So after much debate (almost the entire meeting) we'd come to the comprimise of having a larger...

(with the "Force of the NorthCoast" added recently)

...in the middle of the shirt (requiring only 1 screen "set-up" cost)

15. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I like the idea of both on the front with the shirt being black just like the Got Armor one the 501st have...it rocks!

16. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    Prices!! I'll make this as simple as possible.
    Here we go:

Per screen set-up fee: $18.00
    This is doubled if we do a back print
    White shirt with front screen: $8.49
    White shirt with front and back screen: $14.25
    Any color shirt (including black): add $2.00
    Upsize to XXL: ~ $2.00

These prices take into account that we only use one color for the screen. This means that whatever color shirts we got, the screen would only be one color, i.e. a white screen, for the entire run of that screen. It is too much for them to clean their screens to use a different color. If we wanted another color screen, that would be an extra $18.00 set-up fee.

So, to answer GrnJalera's question:
    Price difference between the a front and a front/back shirt after the additional set-up fee: $5.76

Grn also mentioned a chest pocket screen for the front/back shirt. Krash mentioned a full front screen for the front-only shirt. Since I built the design in a vector art program and there is no loss of quality as the design is scaled up or down, it would better for both ideas if the logo/crest design was printed as large as possible. That gives the screenprinters a better chance to make a much higher quality print.

That's all I've got for now. Aside from the one not quite sure price (XXL upcharge), that is set in stone as of today.

-b-

EDIT: typos...

17. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Any color shirt (including black): add $2.00

Does this mean that we can each order different colored shirts, and just have the same color screen for all shirts?

I.E. We decide to make white the screen color. If I want a green shirt and someone else wants a black shirt, it won't cost us more, will it? That way we're both happy with the color shirt we have, and we'll be using the same color screen. So could you confirm this suspicion I have, B?

18. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    Random: I suspect that is true... I will double check tomorrow along with the definite cost of XXL and up...

Steve brought up a question in the chat last night. White on black may need to be screened twice and there may be an extra cost... I'll check that as well...

-b-

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    If it is possible to have different COLOR shirts made with the same SCREEN...that would be a good thing! That way, everyone can have the color of their choice (making the poll a mute point). IF that is the case, all we need to do is make it clear what is available/what people want.

Brian, once you have these answers...would creating an order form with options like...
    SIZE:
    COLOR:
    STYLE: (T-shirt/baby tee)
    ...be a possibliity? And we need to be clear about these additional options/charges (listed in Brian's post) on any order form.

20. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    Two things: The definitive answer on the screen printer's abilities and an updated price list.

First, the printer can do one print color for as many different color shirts as we would like. There is no difference in charge for whatever print color we select. So, we need to decide what we're going to use for a print color. I think white would be our best bet. The only colors from the poll I don't see that working out too well with are ash and white. Yellow and orange might be a touch of a question mark as well. However, I really don't see green, blue, purple or red working too well with a black screen. Should we poll this?

Second, I am assuming (key word: assuming) that we are going to go for a front only screen. The front/back price is coming out of the list.

UPDATED PRICE LIST
    Per screen set-up fee (divided among group?): $18.00

BASE PRICE: White w/ one screen: $8.49
    Any color shirt: add $2.00
    Upsize to XXL: $1.40
    Baby doll tee shirt: $2.50

If we go with a screen color other than white, then everyone should automatically add $2.00 to the base price unless you want white on white. Also, these prices are for 10 to 19 shirts. if we break twenty on the first order the price will go down a bit.

Let me know if you have questions.

-b-

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Which brings us back to the original post of this thread; how to go about placing this order. Now that we know our options, we need to know how many people are going to go through with this (20 people to get discount)

JKOC T-shirt order:
    Krash - 1
    (Amy Allen convention baby tee) - 1
    ?

We can discuss methods of payment soon...but we need to know how many people we are dealing with.

22. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    JKOC T-shirt order:
    Krash - 1
    Padawan92 - Baby tee - 1
    ?

23. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Put me down for one as well.

24. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    JKOC T-shirt order:
    Krash - 1
    Padawan92 - Baby tee - 1
    Don - 1
    JJJ - 1
    PadawanPadme - 1
    ?

25. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Hold on people... while I'm really interested in buying a shirt, I think we should wait to pick a screen color first before we start ordering shirts. Personally, I think the screen should be white, that way we can have colored t-shirts... but that's just my $.02. I want a shirt, but I'm not putting my name down until I know EXACTLY what I am purchasing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.