main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Joint Chapter meet: Edinburgh 23 & 24 February

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by suzijedi, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Aye I'm happy with that [face_peace] Looks nice.

2. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Why does the Adam's family spring to mind with that family room ... guess Suez is Morticia, I am Gomez, so does that make Coz and Martina Pugsley and Wednesday? Cos Coz could do Uncle Fester with his Cozmic haircut :p J/k *runs*
    And who is Cousin Itt? Lurch? And Thing? :p

[image=http://www.thetheatreaddict.com/blogpics/adamsfamily.jpg]

I'm fine with a family room btw ;)

3. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Tim, I have hair thank you very much :p

4. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Denial flows into the Mediterranean :p

5. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    [image=http://www.thetheatreaddict.com/blogpics/adamsfamily.jpg]

You know this pic should be photoshopped :p

6. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I'll get a bigger version and do it some day soon :p

7. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Denial? Part from the receding hairline, there is hair up there :p

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/cozmic-chris/coz1.jpg]

8. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    it does look nice it's just that at the moment i'm getting very impatient with how and when to book tickets and for what horrendous price :(

9. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Tim & Coz : I've booked us a room at the hotel on the Fri and Sat. £25 per person per night.

Martina: let me know if you manage to get anything sorted for your travel- the guy at the hotel said I can add another person to the booking, so I said I'd get in touch with him to let him know for definite. [face_peace]

10. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
  11. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Suzi, thank you hon, you are a star :)

Reposting this ...

1. Suzi (w/end)
    2. Tim (w/end)
    3. Jase (Sat)
    4. Sie (Sat)
    5. Darthsmuse (Sat)
    6. Coz (w/end?)
    7. George & Melissa
    8. Lady Poison (w/end)
    9. Dave?????
    10. Tone
    11. Jonathan_McEnroe
    12. Cobar_Yik_Jedi

For one reason mainly. Dave has PMed me via another site to say he still intends to go. Apologies to Dave for not posting straight away, have been busy booking things etc. I would say this, my personal feelings on the situation, and then be done with it.

We all joined here to make friends, do social stuff together, and get on with it. In that time I can safely say I have made some good friends with the people in North. Lifelong friends I hope. But there has been a political side to it, and it's damn annoying - a few work hard to make this work, and I think those people should be applauded for the amount of crap they have to put up with to make a meet successful. I think in 2008 we really need a new direction - in the sense that if you have something to say about a meet, about involvement or direction of the FF-UK, then bloody well post it / say it. Do it reasoned and polite. Don't form small groups to whinge. Go DO something about what you are not happy about. COMMUNICATE. Talk to the people who need to be talked to, not the ones who won't change anything. The people who put the time in actually making meets happen don't need their efforts to be brought down by petty politics. We aren't miracle workers either, some things won't work right. We are human.

Like I started, we have all made friends here. I want to see that continue. Why a person can't post on the boards to people they consider friends is beyond me. These boards are what we make them, ourselves, by our positive actions. The people here are the people I want to stand by and make FF-UK North better. And have fun doing it. And not exclude people from meets. I don't see the point in refusing to post somewhere your friends are. People you will go up to at a convention and happily chat to, spend time with. There is no point. Think most people know me, I am patient with people usually, but there gets to a point where someone acts totally disrepectful, totally ignorant of how selfish their actions are, and how awkward they make it for us as a whole. That kind of person, that kind of act bewilders me. I want 2008 to be free of that. I hope it will.

I have high hopes for Scotland and North, of the friendships forged, since I know members of both groups attending, and I think it's gonna be a blast.

Thanks for reading.

12. edgejedi

edgejedi Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2004
    =D= Suzi =D=

It was Fan Force where most of us originally met over the last few years...we may have different tastes and take different paths to meet them, but lets not forget those roots and keep up the social meets by posting them here...thats the essence of FF....

13. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Tim & Jase- I couldn't agree more.

Would people like to suggest places to visit or is there anything people want to do whilst we're in Edin? There are a few links posted eariler on in this thread, so please feel free to refresh your memories.....

I'm sure we'll have the compulsory trip to Forbidden Planet, but please feel free to shout up if you spot anything else!

14. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Have no clue about where to go in the 'Burgh, so I'll just go with the group.

15. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I'm hoping to be there both days, but it will depend on Mrs H. She's expecting in March so anything could happen lol

16. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Ooooh, congrats, Hal and it'll be good if you can join us.
    Let me know if you want the hotel details PM'd to you.......

17. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    About two days late, but I just got that joke.....[face_laugh]

....back to sleep, then...I-)

18. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    I'd like to try and go to the castle [face_peace]

19. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    :oops:

20. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    dear people

i don't see myself in edinburgh at the moment. the ticket prices have nicely skyrocketed and i'm not terribly willing to miss my work just so i won't have to travel all through the night or something equally ridiculous.

21. Darthsmuse

Darthsmuse Jedi Master star 1

Nov 27, 2004
    I've similar problems, if I go up for the day on Saturday I'll have eight hours of travelling whether I go Carlise to Edinburgh via Glasgow or Carlisle to Edinburgh via Newcastle. I may have knock the whole thing on the head. Travelling Friday is out as we have our CAMRA Pub of the Year 2007 presentation and night out.

22. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Sorry to hear that, you two. Hope you both manage to find something, as it'll be a shame if you can't make it (but it can't be helped, either). Don't you just love the wonderful British public transport system! :rolleyes:

23. edgejedi

edgejedi Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2004
    i picked up 6 sets of discount vouchers for subway today in advance of this meet - i know how many subwaymaniacs there are going [face_dancing]

24. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    *worships Jase*

25. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.