main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Joint idea thread in Provo

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by DarthIshtar, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    We'd love to have you guys down for an activity sometime, the way Dana and I came up for the "birthday party" and there's a thread in Provo, expressly for ideas about activities. We'd love to have your input, so that if you do decide to do a joint with us, you'd have put in your two cents' worth of ideas.

2. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    We have a proposal from Marold to do costumed mini-golf.

3. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I can't take credit for the idea, it was actually Jedi Noghri's idea.

4. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    That's why I'm here.

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Ah, thanks, Jedi_Noghri!

6. MiaTiska

MiaTiska Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    Hey, everybody... *waves tentatively from the Provo FanForce*

Okay, I'm asking here cause I forgot to ask Ish earlier if there were more details *facepalm*. I suggested this for an activity for the Provo FF, Ish talked to someone in the SLC FF (I can't remember who) who Ish said liked the idea, and so we might do it as the joint activity, probably in September...?

Anyway... this was what I suggested:

"What about having a sort of SW/fannish 'garage sale'? I'm sure we all have tons of books, comics, knickknacks, pictures, etc., some of which we may not want anymore. What if we all brought the stuff we don't want anymore to see if anyone's interested in buying? "

Ish added the idea of bartering/trading as well if one is short on cash. ;) And, it wouldn't necessarily have to be limited to SW stuff, if you have other fannish stuff you're dying to get rid of but have been too lazy to put it up on ebay (like me), this may be your chance. ;)

Just wanted to open the lines of communication, see what everyone else thinks of this idea and to solidify details. Since Provo's a smaller FF (we have like, 5 active members right now? though we might be able to grab more for this activity), I suggested it might be easier for us to come up to Salt Lake, but depends on you guys and what you think of all this. :)

-Mia
    (Co-CR of Provo)

7. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    That would be fun!!

8. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Sounds like a great idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.