main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Joss Whedon Rules! (ie The Buffy and Angel Thread)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Princess_Skywalker_, Jul 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaiSin_Tam

JaiSin_Tam Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2003
    Missing Buffy.
    Really missing Firefly.
    Now, I'm missing Angel.

Hmmm, I seem to be missing alot. <sigh>

I will cast what ever prayer any deity or other powerful entity will accept for my wish to come true. That would be that Joss find a good cable channel that will give him carte-blanc on money and creativity, so we can have the Joss-Verse for many years to come.

Creativity should never be stiffled for reality.

Thus spake JaiSin-Tam!

2. Dikion

Dikion Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Fav eps.
    Doppelgangland - just great. "I'm a blood sucking fiend. Look at my outfit!" Wil
    and I don't remember the name of it but it's the one where the school is haunted and Buffy and Angel get possesed by ghosts.

-D-

3. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I like the episode where we see Spike's mother and he comes to terms with her yet the previous slayer's son is still tormented.

Edit: "Lies my parents told me."

4. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    puppets!

what a great episode. when we saw the vampire puppet, that was awsome!

5. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    I wonder if Boreanaz got to keep the puppet after they were finished shooting. ;)

6. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    I liked this episode, especially when Angel was converted to a puppet.

Fred reaction was great but nothing beats Spike's.

7. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    I was totally not looking forward to this episode. But it was such a riot, I absolutely LOVED it. The fight between Puppet Angel and Spike. OMG. That was hilarious. I can't imagine how much fun that must have been for James to shoot! ;p

But the whole episode was funny. Some of the lines...I could NOT stop laughing!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Is there a doctor in the house? A doctor? Is there a Geppetto in the house?

I'm gonna rip you a new puppet hole $#&@!

The genius of Joss never ceases to amaze me.

8. Ion_Control

Ion_Control Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2002
    "Let's go slay some puppets" -- [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Puppet-Angel was so cute! [face_love] [face_laugh]

9. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    i thought the vamped out angel puppet was cute.

I bet Boreanez was able to keep the puppet.

I kept on waiting for Jack Bauer to come and shoot werewolf nina.

*for all you 24 fans out there*

10. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    I thought the puppet episode was going to suck, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Puppet Angel was cute. But were some of the evil puppets from The Puzzle Place? They looked familiar... :p

11. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    definitely a fun episode, although a little more sinister than the promo showed. puppets using their human as a puppet... ewww! the passage behind the filing cabinet -- a little homage to Being John Malkovich?

lots of fun all around..

Link of things to do to save Angel

12. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    So proud of my loyal henchman! ;p Feel inspired. Hmm... may just have to go buy some postcards! ;)

13. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
  14. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Oh man I thought the same thing about the puppet episode before seeing... I thought man...they are scraping the bottom of the barrel for this one...

Then I watched it last night on tape...

I had Moe walk in, gave him no background to the episode just had him come and watch the scene when they go to the set for the final assault...Fred shooting the Muppet and Angel...he laughed. So after dinner last night we watched the whole thing.

Forgive me if I am not on the crusade to save Angel... I want him to play Bruce Wayne and he cannot do that under his Angel contract.

15. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    ummm... not likely that he will be playing Bruce Wayne in the next batman film since Christian bale will be doing it... or are u also plotting to off mr bale?
    saving angel for one more season will still allow DB to play bats for the next movie.

my friend justin, after seeing the puppet episode, called me up and said "jumped the shark -- it even had the happy days reference in it"

16. Daikon

Daikon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    I've missed the last few weeks, but managed to catch last night.

Even a non fan was laughing about it.
    I totally think cavemen would win in hand to hand.

-D-

17. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    FYI- FX has started the series over again, so last night from 4-7pm and today 7-9am the first two eps of Buffy are showing. Just a heads up for those that missed some of the eps.

18. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    but most likely the astronaut would be about a foot taller, and have a longer reach... but the caveman might have higher bone density... a good chunk of astronauts are former air force, so perhaps they would have learned some melee skills and all astronauts have to be in good shape.

a good episode... interesting to see knox evil (did gunn kill him or simply knock him out?) and eve wanting to help.. and how vicious lorne could be...

19. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    I knew Knox was a %#$@&*^! See, Wes WAS right about him all along!

What have we learned today girls & boys?
    ALWAYS listen to the Rogue Demon Hunter! ;) :p

All that time wasted. Tisk Tisk. Fred & Wes could have been together!!! Oi! Fred and Gunn were never suited for each other...And Knox, BLAH!!!

You know, as far as we can tell (as of right now), Angel is cancelled, gone, not returning... Would it KILL Joss to let one freakin couple just be happy! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Oh yeah, and Eve, she needs to join Lindsey. :p

20. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    no no.. Eve needs to join me and Fred...umm... errr...

21. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    I didn't watch it completely, I was switching back and forth between Angel and VH1s Illest Minority moments.

Catherine Bach (Daisy Duke) is 1/2 Mexican. :eek:
    Animal from the muppets is also Mexican. WT... :eek: [face_laugh]

22. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    or are u also plotting to off mr bale

Wa hahahaha!

23. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    Animal is MEXICAN?!?!

24. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    How is Animal Mexican!? I don't see it.

[image=http://members.cox.net/sbenoot/animal.JPG]

As for Angel: Poor Fred! Poor Wes! :_|

25. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    hmmm... perhaps not so much Mexican as Aztec... didn't they do the big bushy headdress thing?
    San Diego State's new Aztec mascot

seriously.. Animal as any ethnicity other than Muppet doesn't make sense..

edit: as for Fred and Wes and the gang... would Angel and crew worked so hard to save another of their crew? i don't seem to recall Wes shooting a nobody who tried to bring up other work when cordy was in this much trouble... or lorne turning this mean when cordy was sick...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.