main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq July 21st Minutes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ChromiumTHC, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChromiumTHC

ChromiumTHC Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    We had several of our new members show up today, thank you Wook, Mst_Anakin, Padawan Kenobi & Hans all for showing up, it was a pleasure to see all of you. We're very glad to have you.

I'll be working with the Event Coordinator over at Page One to finalize a time for our meeting next month. It has ample space for us to grow, and its not as pressured as Denny's for time.

I'm also going to be working with Rintor this coming week in coming up with an Ad for the Bubonicon program. It'll be a membership drive thing concentrating on our community service activities.

We'll be having a costuming workshop in September to make up some costumes for use at our official functions. If any of you have some suggestions for plans for the jedi robes, or light sabers, PM me, so I can suggest them.

In the next coming months we'll be doing a food drive for both Halloween & Thanksgiving, and a toy drive for Christmas.

I'm also going to be researching when AOTC will be leaving the theaters, so we can do a "farewell showing".

For the time being, we'll be funding our activities out of pocket, due to the smallness of our group so far.
    Thanks to Wook, Sith Lord Aaron, and Skyra for helping to fund our Ad at Bubonicon.
    We'll hopefully be getting a few more members with the publicity, and spread some knowledge about our cause.

All in all a productive Second official meeting, which gave us all some focus and direction for the next coming months.

A special thanks to Leto for helping us all out and good luck to you in Arizona this fall.

The next time we meet school will be in swing and autumn will be right around the corner. I hope you all have had a prosperous summer and may the Force be with you!

City Rep,
    Chris - ChromiumTHC

2. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    about ther costuming

does anyone have a Dremel rotery tool? that particulare tool is used for lightsaber constuction. if anyone has one it would pry save me 50 bucks. im going to get a pop riviter because several of the Big Yellow Box instructions reqiure that as well. and we should pry supply most of our own material for our own costumes. Material for most BYB sabers costs form 20-40 bucks so its not much. and individal materials are mostly less then 7 bucks. it it costs under a doller it is pry a good idea to get two or more just in case.

BigYellowBox http://mywebpages.comcast.net/yellowbox/bigyellowbox/index.htm

ParkSabers www.Parksabers.com
    EDITS: couldent get the link to work

3. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Wow! thanks for all of that information!!!!! The double bladed lightsaber looks AMAZING! I'm definitely gonna attempt to make it and when it's all done I hope to take pictures!!!

4. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    ok i would like to know what costume every one wants to make for themselves. that way e can help each other. when we have our costumning workshop everyone should bring their own materials based on what oyu want to make. we can share tools should we be doing simialler/same items.

example of things i am making

X-Wing pilot suit:
    Coveralls (orange or green)
    boots (black, im using combat boots)
    Gloves (black vynal/leather, long to cover the wrist)
    white canvas (for the flack vest and loops)
    velcro (connections)
    cardboard/heavy poster board (chest box)
    paint (vorious colors for vbarious things)
    an old NERF gun (blaster)

5. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm going to make Mara Jade with a double bladed saber......don't know the materials yet, all I know is I'm using my boots

6. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    Mara actually was known for her average clothing that blended in anywhere she went. cargo pants, boots, shirt, utility jacket. or you can go dor the more exotic which would be black plants, a black tank top and a cape. and dont forget the signature red-gol hair!

7. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm using her green jedi outfit. and if someone does have a rotary tool I'd also like to use it. My dad says it's "impossible" to cut through PVC tubing and a metal pipe

8. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    its not impossible, just very diffuclut with hand tools. i can do it with a band saw, but it would be a dirty cut so a power tool is prefered.

9. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    for the design I mean.......would a regular drill work to cut the design out?

10. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    there are parts in the design you would need a drill, an i can supply that. but at other parts you would need a saw/cutter and a dremel is pry the best option in that part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.