main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp July Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jediscar, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    I have offered to host the meeting this Sunday. We can start at 1:00. I'll be happy to provide snacks, and perhaps everyone can bring their own beverages. Let's have a roll call of who can or can't make it to my place on Sunday. Thanks.

Just for the newer faces on the board, I live in Alton, which is about 10 miles northwest of Rochester, just off of Rte 11. PM me if you need directions.

2. SpiceSmuggler

SpiceSmuggler Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2009
    I would like to come need to know where PM me with the way.

3. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    I'll be there!

4. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    Mr. Secretary, would you please post some kind of at least semi-formal agenda of what we are going to discuss at the meeting on Sunday? In reference to some of the threads here, such as on "Saying hi," it seems that we need to rehash our previous two discussions about our group's legal status and perhaps have a formal verbal vote, again.

Are we keeping records of attendance and participation, as was agreed upon when we adopted our by-laws? I believe that attendance at meetings (even if they were just get-togethers) was a requirement for voting rights. Somebody refresh my memory, please.

5. Jeedai_Veila

Jeedai_Veila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2006
    Sorry guys, I wish I could go but I'm going to be in Vermont this weekend. If anyone wants to hang out next week, let me know!

6. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    So far what I can think of an agenda so far:

-Discussion of non profit options

-Possible re-vote of non profit status

-Final decision on T shirts (enough talk already!)

-Participation in future events

-There are some public that I myself think the club should participate in that will help increase our exposure

-Fun, fun, fun!!

7. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I would add reviewing our finances to the agenda. I will have as up-to-date treasurer's report as possible ready for Sunday,

Also, we should begin talking about SMF if we are going to have a table. The sooner we make specific plans, the more people can be involved in the preparation, regardless of whether theyare attending or not.

I will also print out the bi-laws we voted to adopt for everyone to take home and become familiar with at their leisure.

8. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    WoW! Sounds like everyone has a lot to say out there. Which is nice for a change. I like the liveliness I'm seeing. I will need to reread a few posts and get back to everyone with a respones. I do not wish to just make any rash comments or any statements that maybe taken out of text. So for now I'll just say this.....

I regret to inform everyone that I will be UNABLE to attend Sundays meeting.

I am sorry, but I am on a mini vacation this week. My folks are up from NC to pick up the girls and take them back to NC for thier vacation. Sunday we have a family get together for my sister in-law. It is a engagement / moving party. She will be moving to Detriot on the 25th of the month. Don't ask me why? (Sorry, Brandon! lol)

So I wish everyone the best at the meeting. It's does look like you all have a lot to say. I look forward to getting catch up on all the post. I also look forward to hearing all about this weekend meeting.

John & Brandon.... My Folks say "HI!" They hope you are well & are sorry they will not have a chance to see you before they go. They would also like me to tell you "Z" It was nice meeting you and look forward to seeing photos of your completed costume.

SeeYa,
    TK

9. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Totally understand TK. I run things for ya! (time for a coup!! Mwahahahahahaha!! [face_devil] )

10. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Hopefully the Captain, the VP, can make it and fill in for Mr Pres. Have fun with the family TK!

11. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    TK, feel free to call in, if you can, to the meeting on Sunday.

12. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Tell them Hi back!

13. kelevtov2

kelevtov2 Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2009
    so....did the meeting take place after all?

14. Darth_Cobern

Apr 29, 2008
    I won't be able to make it to the meeting tomorrow. Have fun!

15. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Meeting is set for Sunday 7/19 at 1:00 at my place. Still hoping to hear from Captain and others who have not RSVP'd.

16. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    Haven't been able to get on lately. will be coming will carpool with SS. sent you me info see you all on Sunday.

17. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Welcome Keletov2! If you are in New Hampshire you are more than welcome to join us tomorrow. You can pm jediscar and he'll be able to give you directions!

18. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    So it looks like it will be the 4 of us. Since we won't have the 2/3rds of the active membership here, we won't be able to take any votes to decide any of the current topics of discussion. I guess we can still discuss and put the ideas in the minutes, but won't be able to make any final decisions like we planned.

19. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Well it's almost 7pm. No word on the meeting yet? I look forward to seeing the meeting note from John. I hope everyone had a good time. It was nice to hear that Chris could make it. I hope you had "FUN!" I'll talk to you guy's later.

Seeya,
    TK

20. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Was hoping you'd show your enthusiasm and call in TK. ;) Hope it was a good day with the family.

Chris and Brandon could not make it, so it was Baron and I. We talked club stuff for a bit, then pocketmodeled and listened to podcasts from Fanforce. Good stuff!

21. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Sorry all my "Enthusiasm"was for the family today and saying good bye to my sister in-law. I was unable to call the party start at 1pm just like the meeting. I worked the grill today and let me tell you I worked it GREAT! Dog's, Burgers, Chicken, Kobobs, Veggies, Samons. I think people had a little bit of evertything to cook today.

Glad to hear you both are a good time. I hope you had a enthusiast game of pocket models.

SeeYa,
    TK

22. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Did ya singe yer eyebrows off? lol

We had a great meet, got some important business out of the way and had several games of pocketmodels while listening to a couple of Forcecasts.

So we decided the group WILL NOT be a non profit group. That puppy has been put to bed. The other issue is that we are hoping to have the T shirts done by the next meet. I talked to TK last night and we'll look at getting the designs submitted soon, and I'll get the pricelist from Shirtmasters from him as well and take a look at what Ralph pays for his shirts too. So as soon as we decide on what to go with, I'll start a thread for everyone to submit their sizes.

Now that we have taken care of those issues, let's have everyone relax, take a breath and we'll have some fun!

23. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    You do know I was kidding with the enthusiasm comment, right? Hence the "wink, wink."

As for shirts, I mentioned to John that I'd be able to place the order more easily now that's it's summer and I have a little less run-around with the kids. Is that still the plan or it TK going to do it? Someone please keep me in the loop.....

My opinion is that we have the cash to do nice, multi-colored logo on the front pocket are and large logo on the back of the shirts. If that's what we want to spend part of the funds on, then I say let's do it right.... But, that's just me and we all know how much my opinion matters around here....

24. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'll give you a call after work Steve and get ya back in the loop. I dropped the ball on this, my bad [face_blush]

25. Darth_Cobern

Apr 29, 2008
    Always two there are, a master and an apprentice. But who is who?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.