main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Des Moi, IA June Events and June Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Every Sunday at 12:30pm: Star Wars Minis Tourney at Jay's CD and Hobby
    200 point squads, DCI rules observed.
    5921 SE 14th
    Des Moines, IA 50315
    (515)287-4578

June 3rd, 12:30pm: Booster Draft at Jay's CD and Hobby
    Instead of our normal Sunday minis tourney we will have a Booster Draft at Jay's. Buy an Alliance and Empire booster and play with the minis you get. Each booster is guaranteed to contain one rare or very rare. All squads will be faction free and commander effects faction wide.

June 9th, 3:00-6:00pm: Star Wars Day at Jay's CD and Hobby
    Celebrate 30 years of Star Wars, and get 15% off all purchases that day. Get pictures with your favorite Star Wars Characters and be part of the live remote with Lazer 103.3.

June 15th, 7:00pm: General meeting
    Find out what's happening with the FanForce in the upcoming months. We will discuss the possible change in the general meeting day and directions for the FanForce in the future. Meet at the Cup O Kryptonite:
    4521 Fleur Dr
    Des Moines, IA 50321
    (515) 974-0515

Please PM any questions to unihawk or Jedi_Dajuan.

2. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    Busy June 9, no BBQ in KC? :(

Whatcha got going on in early July (if you know yet)?

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Be in St. Louis on the 9th sorry. We're gone every weekend from July 14th to the 28th. August is looking bare though.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Reminder bump. June meeting is this Friday.

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I have minutes from yesterday's meeting. When I get back home I will type them up :) Great to see you all again!!

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Meeting minutes:
    Meeting Day/Location Changes
    We are changing our meeting day to the 3rd Saturday of every month. Starting in probably August we will meet at Jay's CD and Hobby. Jay is expanding and offered us a meeting room once a month.

Advertising
    I am going to look into creating some business cards with the group info on them to hand out and leave in various places. They will have our new website address on them as well. Unihawk will create a new poster to hang at Jay's advertising the group and our meeting dates. We are also going to email and PM some old members to invite them back and inform them of the meeting date/location changes.

Website
    We decided to look into creating a web site. It will be a lot easier to hand out a web address rather than our url here or on meetup. Look for the prelim site to be up in a couple weeks. I will probably create an email address to give out as well.

Future Events
    Hothie and I will be hosting a BBQ on July 7th. Everyone is welcome to attend and bring their friends/family. A head count would be appreciated though. We will supply the meat and veggies (PM me special requests). Everyone needs to bring a side and drinks (alocoholic or non alocoholic is fine). Please no chips. See the July events thread for more details.

A couple movie nights were discussed. We may have a Movie Marathon in the near future, and possibly a minis movie night.

A couple ideas for next year's Demi Con were discussed. We are considering donating some Star Wars themed foods for the Con Suite. Use some reciepes out of the SW cook books and figure out a few things that were mentioned in the movies as well. Also, we are considering hosting a panel on "Where SW is going now" or something along that vein. We'd mention the literature, TV shows, other cons, costuming groups, and of course FanForce :) Ideas Demi Con will be discussed again at meetings and will probably have a thread on here.

Since the meeting date has been changed to Saturdays instead of Fridays, we are going to meet at 5pm instead of 7pm. This will allow time for "business discussion" and then give enough time to do things after the meeting. Outings like: dinner, mini golf, bowling, etc were all mentioned as possiblities of things to do after the meetings. Suggestions are very welcome.

That's all I wrote down as to what we discussed. If I missed anything please feel free to post it here. Feel free to post or PM any questions and comments. It was great seeing you all again!!

7. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    July 7th is the weekend we'll actually be up there for a family function. If we can get away (what time is it?) are we invited?

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Of course you're invited! Starts around 2ish, and will continue till pretty late I'm guessing. Just give Doug or me a call.

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    FYI, the domain has been purchased :D It will take me a couple weeks to get it up and running.

10. unihawk

unihawk Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2004
    Great, what did you get?

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    www.desmoinesfanforce.net Hopefully at least part of it will be live in a couple days, but the whole site will take me weeks to plan and code.

12. unihawk

unihawk Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2004
    Cool. Can wait to see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.