main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Just a Rumor (Surprise CE Guests)

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by LAJ_FETT , Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Story

Well, in just over a week I'll be heading down to London for Celebration Europe and there's been a few rumours flying around that a top secret guest will make an appearance, and that person will be Mark Hamill.

Now THAT would be fantastic news in itself but something just fell in my lap, from a source who wishes to remain anonymous, understandably so, that blows the Hamill rumour right out of the water:

"...apparently Lucasfilm have told the organizers to `make sure there will be a second Green Room`. They have also said that they `should not plan on doing anything with it` and don't put any Guests in there. When they asked `why do we need to do this?` Lucasfilm just replied `because you do`"

The source...

"...thinks that as Indiana Jones is filming in London at the same time that the Convention is on that there could be a special appearance from George Lucas, Harrison Ford, Steven Spielberg, or all three."

Sounds great if true!

2. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    *cough* Nothing to see here *waves hand* :p

3. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    **** my pants.

4. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    It seems to good to be true.

5. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    That would mean CE got better guests then C4. :cool:

6. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    from clubjade.net:

Mark at CE
    Mark Hamill will be at CE Friday (13 July) and Saturday (14 July), signing autographs. He will also be giving a 2 hour talk on Saturday night.

7. ch-hala

ch-hala Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2006
    Thankyou very much. You win at the intarnets!

8. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Well this website ( http://www.markhamill.com/frames.htm ) has gone all out on it's reputation to post M. Hamill is going to be there. Let's see if they are right. Till it's on the TOS I'll be wary of any unofficial site claim authenticity.

9. RTDB

RTDB Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2007
    Yep Hamils gonna be there ( its on Starwars website) I wonder how many coupans we will need to get a signing

10. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    He's £85. I think that is outside the coupon deal - prices are on here - http://www.celebrationeurope.com/showguide_guest.htm

11. quigonjaf1961

quigonjaf1961 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2006
    How do you buy your coupons ?

12. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Below is all the info on the Celebration Europe site (taken from here) -
    Celebration Europe will feature star guests from the casts of all six Star Wars films, as well as the behind the scenes magic makers from the film crews in the Celebration Europe Autograph Hall.

You will find confirmed guests listed in alphabetical order with the days they are attending listed below their images.

We will continue to announce more guests over the coming weeks and as new guests are confirmed we will add their details to this page.

Not only will guests be available for autographs and greeting fans in the Celebration Europe Autograph Hall, many will also appear on stage for Q&A sessions, and some could chat with members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club during exclusive "Meet & Greet" sessions in the Fan Club Lounge.

How Much Will Autographs Cost?

Autographs will be exchanged for coupons priced at £5 each. Each guest will require a specific number of coupons per autograph, you will find the number of coupons listed below each guest.

What will guests sign?

Guests will sign personal items and/or special Celebration Europe commemorative photos.

Will any photographs be available to purchase?

A selection of specially produced 8x10 souvenir photos will be available for purchase in the Celebration Europe Autograph Hall.

All guest appearances are subject to professional commitments. Keep an eye on this page and www.starwars.com for updates.

I am guessing, and don't quote me on this, that you will buy coupons as you enter the autograph hall, from probably the front table in there.

13. jedigirl0

jedigirl0 Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2007
    Those guys straight from the set of Indy would be fantastic! Hopefully no more no-name nobodies will be signing as another rumour stated that a stand-in Christian Simpson is actually signing too.

14. CambridgeDan

CambridgeDan Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2006
    Less than a week to go and I dont see a Christian Simson on the list. Surely its a windup he was only a stand in on the UK unit of ROTS according to Rebelscum forum.

15. ch-hala

ch-hala Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2006
    Smithers! Who is that man?
    Simpson aye? [face_thinking]

16. mafiamaul

mafiamaul Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2007
    like timbolton i'd also be interested to know why do jedigirl and cambrdigedan seem to have it in for homer simpson on a personal level (unless you're the same person)? he was in the credits of ep1, played the bravo pilot, hayden christiansen's double, and that bettybot droid on 2 of the 6 movies. i mean why arent you criticising the guy who played java the hunt's right eyeball instead who IS announced at ce, wen simpson isn't even announced? seems a little suspicious to me in itself [face_hypnotized] do you know the guy or summit?

maf

17. CARBONITEKID

CARBONITEKID Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    Agreed. It does sem like a personal vendetta against the guy. He steal your sweets as a kid?:p

18. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Sounds more like Spurned Lover Syndrome to me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.