main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Just thought of something

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Captain_Pete_Solo, Oct 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Pete_Solo

Captain_Pete_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2001
    In light of the attacks a month ago, there has been beefed up security. That being the case and me being a costumer who just happens to have a toy blaster (I dress as Han Solo for the cons)How are some of you going to handle explain your props to security and do you think some of our props may be confescated?
    Pete Solo

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    At a Star Wars convention? Nah. They'll prolly check out the guns to make sure they're not real, but I doubt much more beyond that.

3. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    I'd like to see WotC put out some kind of security guidelines so that those who come in costume know what to expect. If they're going to do extensive searches of costumes and props, I think they should let us know ahead of time so that we can make sure our costumes are up to code and can't be seen as dangerous for any reason.

I also hope this doesn't cause of a lot of people who were planning on coming in costume to shelve their plans. This should be a fun event!

4. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I'll pass this along to Xizor@theView who conveniently is an Indy Knight and has contacts with WOTC...I'll let you know if he finds out anything.

5. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Honestly, I don't think it would be up to WotC but ICC. But that's just my opinion.

6. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    It probably is ultimately up to the ICC, but it's up to them to tell WOTC so they can tell (the collective) us.

7. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    "Resistence is futile..."

*ducks*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.