main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Just Wanted To Say "Hello"...

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Darth_Quintonis, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    New here, with the news of the Sequel Trilogy and Spin-Off movies I'm massively hyped for Star Wars and wanted to talk with like minded people. I'm a dude in his mid-thirties that grew up with the Original Trilogy and also loves the Prequel Trilogy. Every movie has it's pros and cons. I also recently got sucked into The Clone Wars by the last four episodes of Season 5 (yes, shame on me for not giving it a chance years ago!) and I'm currently reading "Darth Plagueis" by Luceno after having finished "Dark Lord" and thoroughly enjoying it. So anyways, hello all! :)

2. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Hello Darth_Quintonis! Welcome to JCF. I hope that you enjoy yourself here. :)

Darth_Quintonis likes this.
  3. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    Thanks Kenobiwan! I'm sure I will. :)

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Hello and welcome! So have you started watching any more of The Clone Wars? The last four episodes of season five were great, but I reckon the three episodes before them were ever better :)

If there's anything you need help with just ask us here and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. I hope you enjoy it here :)

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Darth_Quintonis! :)

There's one big advantage of having just discovered CW: You can watch all episodes in one go and don't need to stay the waiting time between those episodes. ;)

Guess, you'll have many boards to visit: CW, OT, PT, Ep7... how about books? Or meeting other SW fans from your area? :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

6. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Hello and welcome!

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome!! :D

8. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    Thank you for all the "welcomes" and "hellos". I really appreciate it! :)

9. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    I just started reading the Darth Plagueis book. I haven't really been too into the Expanded Universe stories in general, yet I read Luceno's "Dark Lord" and thought it was pretty good so I decided I would give his "Plagueis" a whirl. I seem to be getting along fine with people in the Episode VII and Beyond thread, yet for some reason there seem to be a lot of really negative people in the Clone Wars threads. :( I really don't want to argue with people, I don't like internet debates, as they typically go nowhere. If someone says a bunch of nasty stuff, I usually stick up for myself once and then ignore them. So I don't want you or any of the other mods thinking I want trouble. I like it here so far, and over-all, very much. I'm sure most people here are nice, so far it seems that way. :)

10. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm glad that you like Ep7 board. You'll always find people who have a different opinion and I see that it's not nice to stay in a thread when people having a negative opinion about something one think it's positive. But I also think your strategy is good. Posting opinions is fine, discussing them as well, it's just not good if it cause trouble / ends in flaming people etc.

If you don't like the LACWAC board, try SW Community or your local FanForce. Those are not about CloneWars, but maybe there's a single thread as well and you'll find more like-minded people. :)

Just don't let that single thread give up your search for a nice place. There are some... Right now, I just started posting EU Community. Lots of nice people there as well. So I'd like to recommend it as well. The http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-new-user-social-vi-return-of-the-chaos.50003302/page-117]New[/url] User social VI return of the chaos is always looking for new people (like me *caugh,caugh* ;) ). :)

11. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    I'll check it out! I tried to apologize to those that felt I insulted them, but a couple of them seem stubborn. I'm just going to let it go. I won't let that thread color my perception of the entire forum. Thank you for being kind to me. :)