main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Kiyuuchan's Anime *update 3/23*Mother's day theme, Leia/Jaina, others. And Ben Skywalker ^^

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Glitbiter, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    So pretty!! As always, I love your colors :D You should submit some for the fan art challenge, since it's Jedi!!

2. shinigami-orihime

shinigami-orihime Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2009
    GAH! Just awesome! =D= I love the bright colors. And LOL at Jacen, his expression cracks me up! [face_laugh] And I really like that you have him with his animals, that cat looks hungry :p Fantastic interpretation of him, just perfect!~ :D

That's some real good coloring on the first J/TK piece, the skin is amazing! You're so good with facial expressions, the way they have their eyes closed they almost look nervous... could this be their first kiss? [face_love] It doesn't really look passionate, just a peaceful, gentle moment. There's so much feeling in your work it always sucks me in. How I wish I had your talent (sighs) ;)

Beautiful work [face_love] Looking forward to more!

3. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    Thank U very much Nat-chan ! [:D] I'm glad you're still fan of my work ^___^
    And I have entered the challenge ;)

Shinigami-Orihime Thankyou ! That's very nice to say [face_love] I'm happy U like my interpretations of young Jacen and J/TK ^___^
    It can be their first kiss if U like [face_mischief] The inspiration is the part in the Joiner King when Jacen visits Tenel Ka... I don't know if that was their *first* kiss, but may be ;)

4. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    This is really neat work you got going on here. I really like the ones you have on Jacen/Tenel, especially those from Dark Nest. :)

5. shinigami-orihime

Jan 4, 2009
    That was my absolute favorite part in the book, apart from the J/Z bits :D It's great how you draw scenes from the books, I love seeing your interpretation of how the characters look. And we sure need plenty more EU art. I might go read Dark Nest again now ;)

If you want to, could you do some J/Z, or more of Jaina, please? [face_batting]

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, so nice! I saw a couple of these in the Challenge thread, but just love all the latest!
    The J/TK ones are lovely--and I agree with Tahi here: there's a sense of darker things to come in the second one...perhaps this was one of their last times together, before he made that final descent... Her expression there is almost heartbreaking... **lip quivers** And the YJK version of them together is so sweet--I love the lightness of the background and palette--it really reinforces the apparent innocence and sincerity in them both. And Jasa with his menagerie is wonderful...his face just looks so...contented, and as Tahi mentioned: at peace... These are all just lovely--very well done!

FF

7. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    You do a lovely job with colors, I love these! Your Jacen is my favorite, he looks like the Jacen we all knew and loved before he became so twisted.[:D] =D=

8. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    [face_love] Thank you, all [:D] Im really appreciate all your thoughts on my work.

It's Mother's Day this week, so I have done a couple of pieces to that theme. I give them to my mom when I see her next week ^^

Tenel Ka and her lovely daughter Allana

[image=http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/4117/tkallana.png]

This is Leia helping Jaina to get ready on her wedding day ^____^ ... *so much sparklies [face_hypnotized], lol*
    Not canon, but I hope may be one day [face_mischief]
    Del Rey :mad: Both Leia and Jaina *must* live for this moment !!

[image=http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3069/jainawedding.png]

And a WIP needing some oppinions, of my little Ben Skywalker [face_love]
    He's my favourite character after Jacen, but I almost never draw him ! o_O I don't have a definite picture in my mind of what he would look like, it's important to me to have that.
    Well, the new book is out this week and I am very excited ! ^____^ I feel like drawing Ben, so here is the first part of a Ben Skywalker triptique, little Dark Nest Ben. It's the part of innocence and hope. The next parts will be LotF and FotJ versions, so he'll look a lot more grown up and less wide-eyed lol ;)

Tell me what U think ? [face_batting] I'd love input to make the finished version very nice [face_mischief]

[image=http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3174/bendarknest.png]

9. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    [face_hypnotized]

You need help with your Ben? Where? When? Why? He is perfect and so is the rest. Other manga artists can pack in now and go home.

=D=

10. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Very nice, especially the second pic of Leia and Jaina :)

11. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    Azure-san Ohh, Thanks hun [:D]
    I just wondered if anyone had some suggestions, it's a long time since I've drawn Ben.
    I'm probably just being anal about it :p but for me, he might be looking a bit too young [face_thinking]

Ahh, I never think of my own work as perfect, only other artists work ;) Even now my fingers are itching to edit...:p

Jaden Thank you ! [:D] ^____^

12. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    I concur with Angel that Ben looks fine the way he is. Though I really, really likes the one you did with Tenel and Allana. :D

13. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Ah, Mother's Day--what a great theme to give such wonderful attention to! The one of TK and Allana REALLY touches me--TK's expression is so deeply loving, yet somehow sad... **lip quivers** Allana is darling, with the braids (I can see her wanting to have her hair this way, like her mother's...); the Jaina/Leia piece is so pretty--and yes, it IS a moment we want to see (whether it'll be in the form of an actual scene in a book or a graphic novel, I'm not sure--but we'd better see it! lol!)! Ben looks fabulous--so bright-eyed, so impressionable (as indeed he was then, in DNT); I'm anxious now to see the next versions, to complete the triptych! Lovely work, so pretty!

FF

14. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Awww, those were both so sweet!! I loved them both!

- Serena

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow, that's some great stuff! Your work is evolving so much and I love the use of the color and the air-brushed feel to the different surfaces. It really gives your work a unique look. It's not quite anime and yet, it's something all of your own! I love it!

The Leia/Jaina piece is really touching. After everything the Solos have been through, this would be a nice bright spot in their lives. I really hope Del Rey gets around to covering it. As for your Ben, he's looks great to me. He has that young and innocent appearance, but we all know better. ;) Nice job!

16. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Oh golly, I love them all, however probably the Leia/Jaina one touched me the most. I think it's the emotion you draw into their eyes, and in Jaina's case, her mouth as well. I don't know how you do it, but there are layers there of joy, but also wistfulness and loss. And they've both lost so many loved ones and friends. I absolutely love Jaina's dress and cloche-style hat - it's just SO her somehow. And it's easy to see the similarity between the two in their face structure. I also love the fact their hands are touching. It's nicely understated.

The TK/Allana one is very cute, but at the same time TK's eyes are a bit like in that recent drawing where she's with sleeping Jacen - a little haunted by sadness. The choice of colour in that one is gorgeous, and the green really sets off their hair to great effect. I like the background in that with teh complex patterns as it kind of goes with things Hapan. ;)

Ben is great - cheeky, and apparently impish and innocent, but then there's that black jacket/cloak he's wearing. Nice bit of contrast to show foreshadowing. And although he looks cute, he doesn't look happy really - not in his eyes anyway. And that is very true to DN Ben - so great work there. It's a very perceptive picture of him IMO. =D=

17. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Your Ben is from around the time of Dark Nest? Because if so, then I think he looks very age appropriate.
    I'm amazing by the beautiful skin tones you've used, they look so life like that I want to reach out and feel the characters.

The Leia and Jaina is amazing, wow. It's a beautiful scene and you've captured their emotions so well.

I can't wait to see more.
    =D= [:D]

18. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    Ohhhh, thank you so, so much everyone ! [face_love] I really appreciate it, to come back to all your nice messages because I have had a very busy and stressful day ! T__T
    I'm glad you are enjoying the Mother's day theme, it was very fun to draw, and even better to know I can give something nice to my mom this year ^^

Thanks for the reasurance on Ben ^^ And I'm sorry for being so anal about my work. I know it's annoying when artists are like that, but sometimes I'm feeling a little insecure about it as I'm always wanting to do my best ^____^

Black Dog and Serena, Thank U very much for the coments [:D]
    Black Dog Are you a Tenel Ka fan ? ^____^

Falcon-sama [:D] Thanks for taking time out of the busy schedule to come by ! My days are getting a bit busy now too o_O... As soon as I knew it was Mother's day soon, I *have* to do some fanarts ;) It's a wonderful day to celebrate. I'm looking foreward to complete the tryptych too, I'm so happy to draw Ben ^____^ I very much like drawing the FotJ version, now he is same age as me, I can make it droolable without feeling guilty :p

Han-sama Thanks so much ! It is a good feeling to see I've improved in my work, I hope to keep doing that way [face_mischief] I do try to keep my style, like the influence of the manga style I love, but not so completely that it loses my touch ^____^

Tahi-san I like designing the clothes for Jaina's wedding [face_mischief] That and the accessories, my favourite [face_love] I was imagining, Jaina would be feeling uncertain on her wedding day, not sad but nervous. And noticing the loss of most her family :_| It would be sort of sad and happy moment.

Ben is not meant to look unhappy [face_thinking] More like hopeful, and wistful... maybe I need to change his eyes, but since you think it's true to his character I might keep it that way.

Jag That's a very big compliment :* Blending skin is a tricky bit , so thank you very much ! ^____^

19. Jedi_Amelia

Jedi_Amelia Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2008
    :eek:
    *SQUEE*
    I absolutely LOVE TK and Allana! The color is gorgeous :) And I really love the way you draw Allana, I can see her having her hair like that.

Jaina at her wedding is lovely too. Them holding hands, and the tears on Leia's cheek is so touching. She looks very proud :)

As for your Ben, I was completely blown away! It's so pretty, I love it :D I can't see anything wrong. It looks perfect to me [face_love] I'm a Ben fan too. I can't wait to see the other parts! Thanks for this [:D]

20. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Do it like I try to do it: when things are too busy, take a break and get artistic.

[:D]

Wait, there is no trying...

[face_thinking]

Hm, carpe diem despite it all!

;)

21. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    While she's not my foremost favorite SW character, I do find her very interesting to read.

22. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    I've been feeling very sick... and not out of bed ,much, the last 2 days T__T...
    I hope it will disappear after this week [face_praying]:_|

Amelia-chan [face_love][:D] I'm so happy you enjoy my work, and thankyou so very much for your lovely message, hun. It makes me very happy ^____^

Azure When I try to relax it is normally with a hot bath and hot chocolat ^____^ [:D]

Black Dog I feel the same [face_mischief] She's interesting to draw.

23. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Ben is so adorable. I love him the way you are drawing him. Great work and those girls too.

Fantastic work=D==D==D=

24. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Lovely! Especially Jaina and Leia.

25. shinigami-orihime

Jan 4, 2009
    It's amazing, the beautiful art you have created. [face_love] I love them all. Jaina and Leia is so touching, and a bit of a heart tug. What a lovely scene to choose :)

Your Ben is wicked cute! Gorgeous colors =D= I can't wait to see the others!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.