main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Knight Errantverse

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Bib Fartuna, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    I have read the novel, Knight Errant, but have yet to delve into the comics.

I recall when this series began, there was an ambitious vision of the series / era spanning both comics and books.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Knight Errant has been cancelled? Is this true?

What sounded very promising, now only has 1 book, and I believe 3(?) comic TPB's?

I was hoping for at least a trilogy of novels, and three times as many comic TPB's at the minimum.

What happened?

2. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Poor sales.

3. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Poor sales of the novel, comics or both? They didn't really give it a chance it seems. I thought the protagonist (Kerra Holt?) and the differing Sith sub-Empires to be pretty interesting.

4. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    There are three comics, one novel, one short story, and a few tie-ins in the Essential Atlas. Yeah, unfortunately it had a lot more potential than that.

5. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    PRETTY INTERESTING!?

This seres showed us the creator of the Star Wars Universe!

Lord Daiman

Also it was set in the dark age.

Also it was awesome. But yeah now is gone.

6. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Pah! Pah, I say! Lord Daiman's demise has been overstated!

Did you see the Creator of All die? Did you? No! His Lordship exists in all things and can never fall!

See the new Legacy series cover for proof! Do you think it a mere accident the Imperial Knight resembles His Lordship? All is made in the Creator's image! If you do not see it now, that is only because His Lordship has not chosen to reveal himself to you yet! But that is your failing, not the Creator's!

Kneel and grovel in the gift of his shadow! Only there may you find true salvation!

7. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I've been in the Knight Errant book since November and it's probably the worst book I've ever read. It is so boring. I'm where they visit the Sith Lady and I just have so many problems with just about everything. It's just not a very well written book in my opinion. That's why its just done.

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I think part of it had to do with JJM getting other projects thrown his way, and he had to put this one off to the side for a while. It's not done yet.

9. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Well, this is unfortunate.

I loved the KE novel and I am eagerly awaiting the release of the TPB for the latest set of comics. For me, Kerra Holt is the best original character in the EU in the last 5-10 years. It's a real shame the KE storyline didn't catch on more. I'd love for another KE novel.

Bib Fartuna likes this.
  10. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but I have to disagree quite a bit with your statement that it's not well written. Could you define what you mean by "well written"?

The storyline is rather unique. It doesn't follow a cookie-cutter mentality of a lot of EU stories. Especially in the part where you are, I love the struggle Kerra goes through within her mind about what she believes and whether what she does is worth anything.

11. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    I can;t speak for fans as a whole, but I personally couldn't get through the novel. I was bored to tears. The only Star Wars book I have yet to finish reading. I will go back and finish eventually for completion sake, and for the fact that I was far into it, but it just bored me to tears. Maybe that feeling was mutual amongst others, and it just didn't get a good response?

12. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    Okay, boring in what way? Not enough action? Intrigue? Plot twists?

Just curious. I, clearly, loved the book, so I'd just like to know why others didn't. Obviously can't change anything about how others see it.

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Maybe Knight Errant is "done" the way Dark Times was "done" after Vector. And KE isn't even Randy's love child. :p

14. mulberry

mulberry Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2009
    I have only read the novel and I thought it was the most interesting Star Wars book I have ever read. (and I have read most of them)

So much so that I plan to get the comics, even if I have to endure teasing from my husband for reading comic books.

Riven_JTAC likes this.
  15. Darth_Martus

Darth_Martus Jedi Knight star 1

May 11, 2011
    I read everything Knight Errant in quick succession and while it isn't the best of the EU it is very enjoyable and unique. Would happily read more if it were ever to be released.

16. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    [​IMG]

How can anyone not want to see more of this guy? :p

MercenaryAce and General Immodet like this.
  17. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I never got why Rebellion was cancelled.
    Didn't Rebellion sell well?
    By the way, they decide to cancel Rebellion and a couple of years later they announce a new SW series (Wood) will be published?
    => ???