main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Because it is better! :)

Ryus and zarkinfrood like this.
  2. Oddball Fluxrifle

Oddball Fluxrifle Jedi Padawan

Sep 7, 2012
    I reckon SWTOR is better than KOTOR, I tried KOTOR and couldn't get in to it. SWTOR on the other hand is a great play on PC! [face_thinking]

3. revlis retnuh

revlis retnuh Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2012
    ARGEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Haha, I still haven't gotten to try it. Bioware is still doing maintenance and it's third day now. I can't start a game yet!

5. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Maintainance? How odd.

6. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Okay...still haven't gotten TOR, but looking at some parts of the story I've now lost all desire TO get it.

Namely...Revan...oh poor poor Revan, what did Bioware do to our favorite reformed Sith Lord?

I mean...REALLY? They made it to where 'random Sith schmuck no. 3,002' and his/her team can beat KRIFFING DARTH REVAN??!!!!

Seriously...what happened to the man who could fry a whole team of Sith Lords with a single Force Lightning Storm? Or beat Darth Malak who could hold fully trained Jedi Knights in place without even looking at them? WHAT THE KRIFF BIOWARE?!!!

*takes calming breath*

Okay...needed to get that out of my system. And don't even get me started on how the Exile got bitten by the stupid bug and turned her back on a kriffing Sith Lord...:rolleyes:

Ryus and Dark-Fox like this.
  7. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Yeah...that's why I didn't read it, and continue to not read it...

8. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Oh, the Revan thing isn't from the book...THAT'S FROM THE GAME!

The Exile getting all stupid is from Revan (the book) though.

9. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Yes, the book was a dark day for the KotOR legacy as it was dragged into TOR :(

10. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    It bears repeating...Revan losing to some random Sith dude(et) and his(her) team was IN THE GAME.

Revan is one of the 'flashpoint' bosses in the Sith storyline, and you and your team fight him, and beat him. Which if Revan is anything like his KOTOR 1 persona SHOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE. At least not for some random Sith...considering he fried God knows how many of them during the KOTOR 1 storyline.

zarkinfrood likes this.
  11. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Although it does bear the question, Revan's sith that he was fighting in KotOR were ones that he and Malak had trained, and so on and so forth in a short period of time with training academies and defectors filling their ranks. Where those sith that he recreated against the Republic able to truly hold a candle when compared to the True Sith that had endured at then Unknown regions? I think it is plausible that we might be looking at a quantity verses quality conflict between the groups. Malaks Sith being quickly churned out for quantity originally, and the True Sith had gone for cut-throat quality as fresh replacements were no longer a worry to the Sith Empire in hiding.

12. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    I don't think it's Revan anywhere close to KOTOR 1 Revan, more like a Revan warped by the dark side (and the emperor) for 500 years.

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Mitth makes a good point, though - Revan's Sith had been darksiders for less than two years, some of which had not fought in the Mandalorian Wars and had been turned after. Sure, there would have been a solid core of Sith who were skilled warriors who fought in the Mandalorian Wars, and those would have been part of his inner circle, like Darth's Bandon, Voren and Glovic, but by and large they would have not been warriors first and foremost.

The Jedi and Sith in ToR had been fighting a war for thirty years. They would be skilled and powerful warriors. In point of fact, they had been fighting for longer than even Revan and his decade-and-a-half conflict. Even if the True Sith's skills had suffered from their three centuries of isolation (much like the Lost Tribe), those three decades will count for something.

As to why Meetra was betrayed by Scourge so completely - I simply took it that, as Revan trusted Scourge, she did too, and the battle with Vitiate was so epic that she focused herself on him first and foremost. I don't blame her for it, to be honest.

14. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I know the explanations, it just gets annoying. I don't like the idea of the new guys beating the guy and girl I've known for years. Call it sympathy for Revan/Meetra.

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I can agree with that, too.

Sadly, it's the cool factor.

Which is why HK-47 is still alive, somewhere, in the modern era. Yet T3 isn't :(

16. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    ...poor T3...he didn't deserve to be literally blown up...:_|

Dark-Fox likes this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    He definitely didn't... it's also more than mildly out of character for him to not back himself up somewhere.

Dark-Fox likes this.
  18. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I'm not sure that would have done much good sadly.

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    True, I suppose. But we could have brought him back and HK, then.

20. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    That would have been awesome. And in the annals of HK surviving things he shouldn't...apparently he was guarding Revan in that TOR mission. And survived that too.:p

(also, Revan nearly beat the Emperor himself...that should say something to him loosing to the random Sith team)

21. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Man, I loved T3 (at least in KotOR II, when blasters weren't nerfed to heck). I think the new droid seems like the difference between R2-D2 or Gate and R7-T1.

22. The Corellian

The Corellian Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2012
    This.

For whatever it means, sign me up. I can't even begin to estimate how many hours I've poured into both KOTOR I & II.

Ryus likes this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I spent more time on KotoR II than KotoR I, though the Mind Trap on KotoR I was beyond amazing fun. Such a twist.

Ryus likes this.
  24. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    To anyone who wants to...this fanclub needs a new leader now. So decide amongst yourselves who will take over.

25. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I vote for imiller, to stand in till Skywalker returns. ;)