main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    So, you up for it, oh Cantankerous Carth Clubber?

2. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    [face_laugh]

EDIT: And yes, I'm back for good now, so I'll be resuming running this club.

3. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Yay! Altered sig to match.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Excellent.

The Gree expansion looks tantalizing, I must say. Good to see an EU species so well used. ToR is certainly using the EU very well. Hint TCW: LOOK AT THESE PEOPLE!

I have forgiven ToR for any PT/TCW/OT copying by referencing the Killik Night Herald, if anyone wanted to know :p

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Did they finally give you a cut? :p

zarkinfrood likes this.
  6. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Oh, for the sheer cheesiness, I have to say: Darth Revan for Episode Seven! There. :p

Mitth_Fisto and Teegirloo like this.
  7. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
  8. The Corellian

The Corellian Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2012
    Lol, I've heard so many rumors that Episode 7 will end up being a KOTOR/TOR era movie. Still, they're only rumors.:(

It's about that time of year for me to start a new playthrough of KOTOR 1. I manage to beat it completely at least once a year.

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, as it's 7, and not 0, I doubt it, but some more ToR type movies (or trailers) would be great!

10. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    You never know, Disney is going to go on and make new movies every 3 or so years after Ep. 9...so KOTOR movies are a possibility then. :p

11. The Corellian

Sep 16, 2012
    Only thing would be if they got made, we would have to worry about how gutted they would be. I doubt they could tell the entire story of KOTOR in a trilogy.

12. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Sadly that's a worry in any EU adaptations.

13. The Corellian

Sep 16, 2012
    True. It's true in any sort of adaptation.

14. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Hey, if they get Peter Jackson to direct we'll have some sort of 'SUPER MEGA EXTENDED EDITION!!!' with most of the extra stuff :p

15. The Corellian

Sep 16, 2012
    Lol, indeed :p

16. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Those DVD edition would be epic! Also, a single planned film would soon turn into a trilogy... :p

17. The Corellian

Sep 16, 2012
    I feel like KOTOR II would work well as a move trilogy, granted how many possibilities there are with all the cut content.

Ryus likes this.
  18. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    Oh, I wouldn't complain about a KOTOR-movie, in fact I would think it AWESOME.

I'm currently replaying KOTOR 1, since they finally made a KOTOR 1+2 set for a decent price and I forgot so much... I played it three times a few years before, but... everything seems so new. Carth isn't as annoying as I remember him.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  19. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Am I the only one who never found Carth annoying? :p

20. The Corellian

Sep 16, 2012
    Eh, whinny in parts, but never annoying. I found him quite funny in some parts

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  21. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Amen!
    I'm also replaying KOTOR 1 atm. Have been since may in fact, but had very little gaming time. Got very close to finishing Korriban as my final planet today. Also, my favourite of the 4.

I'd say charmingly annoying. ;)

22. The Corellian

Sep 16, 2012
    You want annoying? When I was younger I HATED talking to Juhani and Mission. Couldn't stand them, but over the past five or six years that I've been playing the game, I've come to love them :D

23. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Haha, Mission wasn't that bad, but I remember on my first few playthroughs, I didn't have much patience for Juhani's self-pity. She's grown on me later on though.

Dark-Fox likes this.
  24. The Corellian

Sep 16, 2012
    Yeah, when I was younger, I was very selective about which characters I liked. It was usually only Bastila, Carth, HK, Jolee, and Canderous.

I remember on my first playthrough being really kinda sad because I thought Bastila was dead after the first confrontation with Malak.

Unrelated note. After playing through the KOTOR II restoration mod multiple times, I think that this is pretty much everything that hasn't or can't be restored

Hanharr was originally planned to be Dark Jedi, but Lucas shot this down, saying that he didn’t want any more Wookiee Jedi
    M4-78- Entire planet was cut. This is actually being restored in a different mod that’s set to come out soon
    Disciple was originally supposed to have a holocron quest connected with him.
    There was an alternate ending to the battle of Telos, where you didn’t have to set the final proton core in place, so the Ravager crashed into Telos’ Citadel Station, utterly destroying it
    Bao-Dur was planned to die some time during the end-game
    Atris was planned to be the main villain of the game. Was changed pretty early in production
    It might have been possible to come back to Peragus. There are numerous screen shots of the party members on the planet (Mira, Handmaiden, HK-47)
    Nihilus’ mask was originally planned to be Revan’s skull
    Hanharr might have sacrificed himself to save the Exile while Malachor was crumbling. He would have thrown the player onto the Ebon Hawk.
    Mandalore & Visas were supposed to walk together on Malachor’s surface
    Dvakvar Grahrk- Entire character was cut in the Alpha Stage and replaced with Disciple.
    Genoharadan- Entire subplot cut out and replaced with the Exchange

Ryus and Dark-Fox like this.
  25. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    I actually liked Mission, she is cute but not useless. In addition to she always adored my character and in difference to a certain other character (=Carth) wasn't constantly reminding me to stay on the light side. It always tempted me to go to the Dark Side... :p

I'm still on Taris but I'm positive I might have moved to another planet until Christmas.

Dark-Fox likes this.