main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

L'état, c'est moi.

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by TheEmperorsHand, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    Um, not really... but it's the first quote that came into my head. From my 9th grade global class. Go figure.

Anyway, I'm not all creative with a theme or anything like that, I'm just gonna list a few basics now and write more to this essay thing later.

My name's Alison, I live in Western New York ("Where life is worth living" - I don't really agree, but that's ok) I'm 15 and I go to an all-girls school. (I know, the horror) It's really not that bad though; I'm used to it by now.
    I'm a runner. I do every season of running, track and field, cross country, anything running.... and I actually like it! Unlikes people on my team who choose to be on the team and run and then complain the whole time! :mad: That's a little annoyance of mine. Ok, so right now running is a huge part of my life and I think it's something I'll always do. I've made a lot of friends that way.
    I like learning languages. It's an obsession of mine. I'm taking French in school, and I hope to be fluent someday. I'm taking college courses in Italian this summer just because I feel like it, and I hope to learn a whole bunch of other languages, like maybe German or Spanish.
    I also love music. Very passionate about that subject. I believe that for music to be real, you have to be able to feel it. I like rock - the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Grateful Dead, as well as some random people like Simon and Garfunkel, America, Eric Clapton and Jimi Hendrix. I've also just seriously began learning guitar this year. My dad bought me my very own Fender Telecaster [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] with the most gorgeous paint job imaginable. She plays so beautifully, and I spend as much time as I can playing daily. I'll post a picture of my guitar, which I named Precious, tomorrow as well as basic stats of me.

Hope that's enough for now! :)

2. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Yay, another runner! :) Where in Western NY do you go to school? Maybe I ran against you guys. I used to run for Jamesville Dewitt, a Central NY school.

Have you ever run the McQuaid invite before? That's probably the only time where I might have seen your school.

Alas, I'm running in college, and only XC because I can't stand the coach all year round. ;)

Jae Angel

3. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Awesome Alison! I didn't know you were a runner. I'm envious there. My feet and knee aren't good enough to be able to do that, but when I was in high school I really enjoyed it.

4. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    It's great getting to know you Alison. Say, do you like cheese?

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Combien d'anees as-tu dans le classe de francais? :confused:

We seem to have lots of musicians here! We could have a band, but most of us are bassists :p

6. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Hi Alison! :) *waves* Nice to meet you! I look forward to getting to know you better. I can't say that I'm much of a runner myself (My body just wasn't made for it), but I'm glad you enjoy it.

7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Ah yeah, I used to run CX and hurdles and the 1600, but in High School it was just too much additional work to fit in. I'm kind of a dedicated student.

8. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Hey, Alison. I've heard about your track endeavors from your sister. ;) I didn't know you played guitar, though, other than the fact that you posted a JCC thread about it when you got the instrument. I've been playing for 5 years or so now, actually. :)

~ James

9. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    Hi Alison! It's nice to meet you! :)

I'm into music and writng as well. It's gonna be cool getting to know you in here... :)

10. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I like rock - the Beatles [...]

You're my friend already, Alison.

;)

Have a great time here!

11. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    "I've also just seriously began learning guitar this year. My dad bought me my very own Fender Telecaster [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] ..."

Well, my brother was about your age when he got his first guitar, and he went on to have a career in the music industry, so you're following a good path there! :D

12. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    Hi Everyone :)

Narundi - I have run the McQuaid Invitational before! :eek: This was my second year doing it ;) My school's called Mercy, if you've ever heard of us. ;) I don't think I know your school, however.

B'omarr - I do like cheese [face_mischief] :p

Rachel - dans le classe de français, j'ai 4 ans, mais cette année, ma prof ne sais pas le français très bien. je ne l'aime pas, vraiment (le prof, pas le français qui j'aime beaucoup.) :p

Thanks, Steve ;)

I said I'd add something else today, but I don't know what to say so I'll leave it at that for now. :p We'll see if I think of anything by tonight. :)
    Well, nice to meet you all!

13. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Yeah, I think I've seen your name before, although I probably didn't run in the same race. We were a medium to big school. Ah, those were the days. :) I ran my best race ever at McQuaid! :D

Jae Angel

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Ah, ma prof est si bete. [face_plain] J'adore le francais aussi, mais la classe, je la DETESTE!!!

15. COSLeiaOrganaSolo

COSLeiaOrganaSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 15, 2002
    Can you teach me some french swear words? Seriously, I really wanna know some.

16. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    well I know a few..... but are you sure that isn't a bannable offence? :eek: lol j/k :p

Rachel - Je deteste la classe aussi! Ma souer a de la chance. Elle a une prof très bien (pour parler le français). Et aussi, je suis desolée si mon français n'est pas parfait. ;) Mais vraiment, ma prof n'est pas aisé en français! C'est penible. ;)

Narundi - we might have been in the same class, my team gets middle to large school I think just because we have a team of about 60 people :eek: Still, it's a huge race, so you never know. I got my best time so far there too. :D

17. COSLeiaOrganaSolo

COSLeiaOrganaSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 15, 2002
    Dude, can you like pm them to me???????

:D :D :D

:p

18. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    :p I only know a few!!! They don't have exact equivilants. JW told me how to swear in Yiddish :eek: actually, that's kind of a joke. oh well ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.