main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit L-Canon -- or, Taking Matters Into Our Own Hands (Final Results Announced)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    I'm on the no-caramel diet. :cool:

But all joking aside, I support the idea that Barriss had her mind wiped which resulted in her having no recollection of her terrorist plot by the time of RotS and the webstrips. There's nothing in either A or B that encompasses that option. What I mean is, I do support A, but there is no explanation whatsoever for her reinstatement into the military. A is meaningless as a solution, because it solves nothing. And "Barriss was influenced/sick/undercover/whatever" could mean anything -- "whatever" can mean anything, that's the whole point of the word. I can't really vote for two options that offer no solutions. We're here to make sense of errors, aren't we?

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    There's another round of voting after this, dummy. :p

Iron_lord likes this.
  3. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    This is precisely what I'm talking about! Bureaucratic procedures swallowing up our precious time! You know how long this whole thing would have lasted under a monarchy? As long as it takes to draft a proclamation, that's how long!

[face_plain]

A......

BigAl6ft6 and Sinrebirth like this.
  4. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I suggest we form a subcommittee to determine the possibility of sentient hoods. Nothing should be decided until it has reached an agreement.

5. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Sentient hoods, eh?

Well, the Golden Sun was a communal species of coral, so perhaps a comparable entity exists made up of cotton fibers, and Barriss was unfortunate in her hood having been made from a sentient cotton species. :-B

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  6. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    gives Robin HOOD a whole new meaning, eh? THEY ARE VERYWHERE!!!

Zorrixor likes this.
  7. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    [​IMG]

As for Barriss, I vote B, undercover.

8. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    B for brainworms and bota.

9. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Currently 6-4 in favor of A. I'm tempted to vote B just for evil's sake. [face_devil]

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
  11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Good man.

HEDGESMFG and Starkeiller like this.
  12. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Hmm...

Did Barriss act of sound mind, as governed by the laws of the cotton fibers?
    Or was Barriss influenced by the cotton fibers... it can be interpreted both ways.

I could just as easily vote either A or B, so I shall save you all the pain of me voting in accordance with the Sentient Cotton Theory, and shall just abstain. :p

13. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    A, because it makes for a more interesting story (and by story I mean retcon).

14. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    [face_shame_on_you] By abstaining, you implicitly lend your support to the maliciously conceived populist theory that cotton fibers are a manipulative species controlling humans for their own nefarious purposes (which is what you would be doing explicitly by voting B). If more people remain silent, public opinion will keep turning against the cotton fibers, until, in a few years, some talented and genuinely manipulative orator will take over the government with the support of the wool lobby and instigate the Cotton Holocaust, killing off this beautiful species. :eek:

You don't want to be an accessory to genocide now, do you? :(

CeiranHarmony and Zorrixor like this.
  15. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    I say cotton fibers are neither manipulative nor arn't they manipulative.. I mean come on we need more cotton fiber DIVERSITY!!! at least we know already several subspecies or races of the diverse cotton fiber culture and yet the movies show us only one type of HAT community a group of fibers formed making us believe the tholotian cotton fiber is the only symbiotic fiber there is and that it always shapes tholotian hats or hoods whereas the EU gave us a variety of headdress-shaped communities of fibergroups of all kinds of subspecies and races!

there are quite a lot...
    -the silk type fiber symbiont
    -the wood type symbiont which is related to the Neti species perhaps
    -the fleshfiber variant which bears resemblance to the Gen'Dai biology
    -etc.
    for more look here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Clothing_stubs

Kkrukh f.e. wears a more wooden variant of the fibers symbiont which due to age is harder and has stronger powers reaching up to regenerative abilities rivaling that of the Gen'Dai.

[face_hypnotized]oh my Force... KKRUKH wears a GEN'DAI that curled into a HAT-shape!!! GEN'DAI basically consist of regenerative fibers... SPECIES IDENTIFIED!

[​IMG]

16. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    Apart from the fact that you confused the marine species formerly known as Tholoth headdresses with a plant (a common mistake), well said.

It's obvious that K'Kruhk indeed wears a straw Gen'dai on his head. That is also the secret to Panama hats retaining their shape even after being squashed to degrees that would render normal hats unusable.

Zorrixor and CeiranHarmony like this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    And *this* is why Cooper has no power. Because cotton becomes possible to genocide during his watch.

18. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    This is true.

Paaerduag serve as an illustration of the symbiotic relationship between two constituent parts of one whole, so it is certainly possible the cotton fibers, despite not originating as part of the same organism, are capable of being either a manipulative or a non-manipulative force on the host's consciousness, making the question whether the individual cotton fiber is a good or bad cotton fiber -- which is only to be expected, if they're a sentient species.

So perhaps somebody else switched Barriss's robes that day, and replaced her good cotton fibers with bad cotton fibers?

Then after she is imprisoned, and forced to wear prison outfits, she is able to remember who she is, and can switch back to some good cotton fibers.

19. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

only naked you can be free!!! long live NUDISM [face_batting]

Zorrixor likes this.
  20. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I have no idea what's going on.

Iron_lord and Random Comments like this.
  21. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    you want the short version?

after the apparent threat of cotton genocide the masses rose to ask for fiber diversity which successfully identified diverse species and subspecies of the symbiotic fiberverse until the moral discussion came up if cotton fibers are good or bad, leading to relativists winning that they are neither or both, which ultimately has given rise to a nudist cult to make sure in any case no fiber can influence their behavior.

and that was why Barris Offee likes to meditate naked in Medstar... see it is simple!

Zorrixor likes this.
  22. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    Hey, you nudists and relativists have fun while you can. You'll all end up shipped off into the darkness in a dungeon ship once the new empire rises. [face_devil]

:eek: Wait, I don't remember that!

23. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    you may not remember it but it did happen ;)

as for your other comment: Oooooooooohhh you give us a huge ship as present... oh thank you dear Lord. And with fuel and supplies to be shipped into the Darkness to spread our truth and light, to enlighten the darkest folds of space.. what a generous man you are! Of course this has historic precedence.. the kind Jedi sent their former enemies on free ships off into the unknown so they can create their empire there within the stygian caldera! and the Sith still live on to this very day! I don't know what to say to your offer.. you supply us, you give us a goal and support us AND intend us to become greater and everliving on... THANK YOU! [:D]

24. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I have no idea what's going on.

Iron_lord and RC-1991 like this.
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If we move onto choice A, I'd like to think the "Palpy-Forces-Council-To-Revan-Mark II-Barris" is one of the options.