main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LARGE display cases

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by IrishThunder, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    I'm looking for some really large display cases. Not starcases, not wall mounted acrylic cases, I'm talkin' floor standing jewelry store type display cases. Anybody know where I could buy one or possible find instructions on how to build one?

2. BushiFox

BushiFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    I know around here, we have some K Marts that are going out of business. When they do, they normally sell their cases and stuff like that to the public. So, if there are any stores like that going out of business, ask them. Also, check your classified sections in your local paper. I've seen some cool stuff come up there.

3. shocktrooper

shocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    Ikea has a nice range of Display cases and quite cheap.
    Other than that keep an eye out on the public notices or Auctions in the papers of Stores closing etc.
    I missed one the other week a whole chain of Stores sold up and they had the perfect display cases. Missed it by ___ that much! :(

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Look for a fixture and display shop in your area. You know - a company that builds/sells the display cases to stores. They will often have used ones available for sale at a big discount. I bought 3 display cases for my Star Wars room from a fixture store in Downtown San Diego.

5. leif

leif Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 1999
    you may want to also try a few antique stores and used office supply stores. i picked up a very nice modular library bookcase....the type with the swinging glass doors...very nice and a lot better than the cheaper new knock-offs they sell at places like walmart.

6. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Here in Albuquerque NM we have a store that makes custom plastic cases. We had one made for a chess set. You may want to check your yellow pages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.