main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Last Tour to Endor

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Fistofury, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    Anyone else see this on the Celebration main page? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere so wasn't sure how long this has been up. Got my passes for myself and my family, looks to be fun.

Last Tour to Endor at Disney's Hollywood Studios? is a first-of-its-kind entertainment experience so incredible that not even the Rebel's Bothan spies have been able to steal the top-secret plans! The event gives longtime fans a chance to make one last flight to Endor before Star Tours "powers down" to make way for its new re-imagining in 2011. The evening culminates with Symphony in the Stars, a Star Wars fireworks spectacular as only Disney can create. So put on your favorite Star Wars costume and join your fellow fans for the ultimate Star Wars party during the ultimate Star Wars event ? Star Wars Celebration V!

Last Tour to Endor: Saturday, August 14, 2010. 8:00 PM to 1:00 AM Eastern. Entrance to Disney's Hollywood Studios? opens to Event Guests at 4:00 PM Eastern. Round Trip transportation to/from Orange County Convention Center and Disney's Hollywood Studios? is included in the event ticket price.

The number of tickets available is limited. Events often sell out early. Tickets are valid only during specific event dates and hours. Entertainment and event components subject to change or cancellation without notice. Ticket types, entitlements and prices subject to change without notice. Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.

Looking for additional Theme Park Ticket options? Select from the Browse Available Tickets drop down at the top of this page to purchase other special Meeting/Convention Theme Park tickets.

2. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Can't tell, does the $75 include admission to the park or is that extra?

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    From what I gather, this will be similar to the other themed party events(Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party) Disney holds throughout the year and the price will include park admission. Not all attractions may be open at the time of the event, but it will make those that are open more manageable due to the fact that only those purchasing the special tickets will get access.

I'm not positive this will be the case with this one, but this is how the other party events have worked in the past.

With that said, I just purchased our tickets and I'm just waiting for the confirmation. I can't pass up the opportunity to have two of my favorite things - Star Wars and Disney - together in one night! :D

4. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Done. Bought mine.

5. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    I got my tickets as well. It should be a good event. I never been on the endor tour. I plan on going before the convention starts so this will be my second time and last time by than..

6. JediEddy

JediEddy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001
    Just purchased two for my wife and me. We've never been either so we're hoping his will be fun. A Star Wars Only night. I LIKE IT!

7. wookieesrus

wookieesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2009
    Nice find. This will more than make up for the VIP packages for me =D=

8. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Yahoo! Just purchased my ticket.
    Been on the ENDOR TOUR dozens of times and will be looking forward of being one of the last few to ride it.
    And the part I like best: "So put on your favorite Star Wars costume and join your fellow fans for the ultimate Star Wars party . . ."

Last ENDOR TOUR tics and VIP Pass . . . someone pinch me, I think I'm dreaming![face_dancing]

9. dab1313

dab1313 Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2005
    I ordered my ticket. Cant wait.

10. jonboy

jonboy Jedi Knight

Mar 30, 2010
    ticket bought Saturday is going to be one hell of a STAR WARS day from morning through till 1am!!! bring it on!!!
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

11. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    How freaking cool is this? I had a feeling there was a pretty good chance there would be a Disney event tie in with C5, but I really didn't think they would do something that sounds this cool! I'm so there! Tickets are bought! It makes no mention of it, but I hope they do a collectible laminate & lanyard for this event. From a logistical standpoint it would be the wise choice.

How many tickets do you think they will sell? 1000? 2000? You can put a lot of people in Disney's Hollywood studios.

12. AnimeNut

AnimeNut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    I'm strongly considering this, and probably will purchase within the hour. My biggest concern is the round-trip transportation that's included in the ticket price. Since we'll probably be depending on that to get there, I hope the bus doesn't leave the OCCC too early that day. Don't wanna miss out on too many of the Saturday events.

13. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I feel the same way. I'm hoping the shuttles they plan on using to get us from the convention to Disney will be making frequent stops during the evening. Entrance to Disney begins at 4 pm, with festivities scheduled to begin at 8 pm, and the con technically doesn't end until 7 pm. I'd like to go to my hotel really quick before going, to possibly change and/or freshen up after a long day at the con.

14. jedimomtosith

jedimomtosith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2009
    Wasn't sure about buying for reasons you all have mentioned.
    Does this interfere with the FanForce or 501st parties (off the top of my head)???
    Also, not sure about being able to go throughout the Disney Park and rides.
    I called and the lady said the tkts are just for the "Endor" event.
    What do you all think still?

15. AnimeNut

May 17, 2002
    I went ahead and took the plunge. Figure this is just extra incentive to procure our own mode of transportation while we're down there.

We're already planning to do Walt Disney World after C5, so I'm not worried about access to other attractions during this event.

As far as I'm concerned, the fireworks show alone is what makes this event worth it. I also hope there's exclusive merchandise. Oh, who am I kidding? Of course there will be exclusive merchandise.

16. wookieesrus

wookieesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2009
    My guess would be that they will have the shuttles running back and forth at the top of every hour until the event ends.

17. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I bought my ticket! Luckily, it won't interfere with the 501st/Rebel Legion party, which is Friday night.

I've marched in Star Wars Weekends before, but we weren't allowed to wear costumes while we walked around the park. Now I can! With my Luke ROTJ costume and the fireworks, and all those SW fans, it'll be like the ending of ROTJ!

:D

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    It does interfere with the FF/TFN/JC party though.

19. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    PASS for me , I'd rather go to the TFN party.

20. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Re: transportation, I've been to conventions before where there was a big off-site event like this at a theme park. The organizers used full size coach buses to shuttle the attendees back and forth. They'll almost have to do that with this one. They can't expect to have everyone try to arrive at the same time and then have them trapped there the entire night.

As for the ride itself, I've only ever been on the one at Disneyland in LA. Are they the same rides?

21. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    Got my tickets. This looks like a lot of fun. I will be using my own mode of transportation, though. I have been to HS at Disney many times, and I think it will be a fun, fun night.

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Like I said above, I'm just going off of what Disney has done in the past with events like this. They pretty much allow you free reign of the park(in this case, DHS) during the event, but they only have a select number of attractions operating(usually the most popular, not including live action shows). So, if I were to make a guess, I would say that Tower of Terror, Rockin' Roller Coaster, Toy Story Mania, etc. will all be open. And of course, we can't forget Star Tours. So, if they stick to that format, it should be a fun night indeed.

As for the transportation from the convention center to the park, we're considering using our own means as well. We'll have to see what the schedule is like for that first.

23. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I want to do this, really I do, but as is always the case the announcement came less than 12 hours after I made arrangements to add on a WDW trip right after the con ends (free dining 8/14-10/2!) for a 3 night 4 day stay. But I've done the Pirate & Princess Night with the wife a few years back, and trust me, you don't want to miss this event! Working hard to convince the wife, $75 a pop is hard to justify....

24. AnimeNut

May 17, 2002
    All I ask is that this is better than Celebration at Celebration III. Anybody else here go to that trainwreck? I'm just glad I got in the t-shirt line very early, or I would have really hated that night. As it was, I had some fun there, but still felt like it was money wasted.

I've never felt any urge to purchase the Tower of Terror ride photo in the past (it's stupidly taken between drops, when the elevator is still and nobody's screaming). But I just may have to make an exception this time if we end up on an elevator loaded with cosplayers.

They just have to use the American Idol Experience stage in some way for this event. That would be awesome.

We celebrate a day of peace,
    a day of harmony

25. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Yeah I was in line to see that fortune teller almost the entire time of "Celebration at Celebration" ugh.
    I was also at the "Jar Jar Jam" at C1 which had Ahmet Best's funk band.

I do hope they have some Moonwalking, martini drinking Ewoks as part of the ambience. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.