main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Latin America RSA?

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by Corran_Horn_, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    In order to get the bold/italic look in the forum listings you need the tags. For some reason browsers don't like the tags.

2. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    The tags are present in all regional general discussion forums.

3. Tayschrenn

Tayschrenn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2002
    IMO, the CRs should be the "hands on" people who are getting forums revived and moving, organising things, encouraging participation.

This is not to lower the role of the RSA, wouldn't that be a job more for support/administration rather than the whole 'hands on' approach. The RSA, of course, is just as vital as a CR, but surely it isn't the same job with a different title? That wouldn't make much sense.

Tayschrenn

4. Corran_Horn_

Corran_Horn_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2002
    True, but a CR is only there when a forum is an official FF chapter. Before that, it is the RSA's job to help a group of people get their forum and then become a FanForce.

Its right there in the job description, from the FF FAQ:

4) RSA's will be directly responsible for overseeing the formation of new FanForce cities. In addition, he is required to know and understand the leadership structure of each city in his region.

Right now we have a forum from Panama that just met for the first time (one down, two to go!) and a group of people from Costa Rica that are interested in having their own forum.

5. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    CRs duties vary from group to group. As far as the FF Administration goes, they are the main contact/representative for their group. They send the RSAs event notices / news to be posted on the FF Main page, they send in modding requests, forum & title editing, etc. Usually though, most of their duties are off of the boards, as CRs tend to be (not always) the presidents or other high ranking officers in their groups. They're VIP'd so that new people can readily see someone to contact...the blue is for the rest of the JC to know they're CRs not admins.

Having an RSA around on a day to day basis helps keep the forum running smoothly. Since they tend to have experience helping clubs form, they also tend to be sounding boards for new ideas and advisors for real life interpersonal problems, etc.

The Latin American boards are indeed growing, and with SOTS having to deal with JC Admin problems (not FF Admin ones), his attention to the requests of adding titles and the other little things would eventually take 2nd place to all the stuff he has to deal with JC-wise. It's not fair to him to have to pull two volunteer jobs (this is supposed to be fun not work ;) ), and it's not fair to the Latin American users to not have the personal attention that the other regions have. Hands on RSAs is one of the main reasons FF runs so well imho.

Late Edit: Their -> They're ...I hate when I do that. lol

6. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    I have to agree with Sebulba on that one. :)

7. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I find it humorous that I turn on CNN, see the headline "Crisis in Latin America" and the first thought is "Well yea! They need a new RSA!" I came back down onto the computer.

¤Night

8. Corran_Horn_

May 7, 2002
    So I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I read Night's post. . .

:D

Anyways, thanks for the support Sebulba, you made me go "sniff, sniff" and everything.

9. Tayschrenn

May 24, 2002
    Hahahaha @ Night

Tayschrenn

10. MegaJediRafa

Feb 1, 2002
    Now that was funny, jajaja.

11. Ktulu_Terumo

Ktulu_Terumo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    I was looking at the RSA thread and saw that a desition towards the matter haven't been reach yet.

Anything new?

Still no RSA

12. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    The voting process is nearing its completion. If things stay as they are, we'll be announcing a new RSA soon, possibly tomorrow afternoon.

13. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
  14. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Congrats, MegaJediRafa! :D

15. Corran_Horn_

May 7, 2002
    "Look pawh, our little boy is all grown up. . ."

Congratulations Rafa they couldn't have chosen a better man for the job!

Now I know who to bug and annoy!

16. MegaJediRafa

Feb 1, 2002
    Thanks to everyone for the support! Now, to figure out who will be my first banned user... Corran, wanna go for it? :D

17. Corran_Horn_

May 7, 2002
    I know where you live. . .

'nuff said!

:D

18. Tayschrenn

May 24, 2002
    Thanks to everyone for the support! Now, to figure out who will be my first banned user... Corran, wanna go for it?

Now, now. No need to get all authoritarian about it. Save that for Hama ;)

Tayschrenn

19. Corran_Horn_

May 7, 2002
    LOL!

Now, don't say that or Hama is going to start using his big booming Admin voice!

20. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.