main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**LCC X Entries Released**

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ObiJuan2080, Oct 12, 2012.

1. -Phi-

-Phi- Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    We have voting results! 254 votes cast is definitely a record. To compare, last year we had 40. I get the impression that a number of teams posted their entries around the web for more votes, and I hope that got more people watching all the entries!

Congratulations to the top three:
    Rise of the Fallen with 286 points
    Ferocity with 186 points
    The Prize with 126 points

You can check out the full breakdown at: http://lcc.phispace.net/voting/results_LCC10.html

Note for those checking the math (feel free to!): Voting for 'at least three' was encouraged, but not actually required. So while 254 people voted for a first choice, 215 voted for a second and 213 voted for a third (and potentially 4th etc.)

2. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Congrats to our winners and good job to everyone else!
    (You're all winners to me! [face_worried])

And now... SPECIAL FEATURES!
    Boter loses his padawan braid!

3. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Yay special feature!

And yes, massive congrats to all of the contestants and everyone that placed in the judging and the public vote! To the two people that voted Echelon to first place: Vapes and I are going to hunt you down, find you, and hug you. Thanks.

VaporTrail likes this.
  4. Intruder666

Intruder666 Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2012
    Hi all, here's the headless body from The Prize.

I wanted to thank you all for your comments on our vid, both positive and negative. We noticed the lack of dynamics, stick-bashing at some points and many many more things we'd change should we shoot it now. Regarding the results of public vote I had to create an account here just to say that we don't feel we deserve anything close to the third place. I'd like to believe so many of you think otherwise, but at the same time I'm afraid that some friends of ours might be morons. Shouldn't have told anyone about the vid until the voting was over, now I guess we'll never find out if anyone normal would've vote for us ;) Still, it was a lot of fun and I hope sometime in the future we'll do it again, much better. Cheers to you all for amazing entries this year!

5. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Haha, don't worry about it. Voting's cool and all; what I love about LCC is the feedback that everyone gives so we can learn for next time*. You will try again next time... right?

(*Oh, Ricky, you still haven't posted your reviews-with-award-images of the last five!)

6. Intruder666

Intruder666 Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2012
    *Right! I will try again next ti... :eek: ...* - did you just try to mind trick *me*?! Next time we're gonna *do* it - there is no try ;)

Sequel is planned on LCC XII though. We left out some choreography for later, but first we need to find someone who really likes rotoscoping or has some faster yet good looking method than frame by frame ;)

7. The Darkest Muse

The Darkest Muse Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2012
    RvSB | Nemesis
    Had it for me. I loved the Sith's style, fluid and in control. Also noted was the body language-something which many entries lack. Your sith was powerful, in control and he knew it. He moved like he thought it, arrogant and devil-may-care at times. Both Jedi looked agitated, nervous and desparate-knowing they had gotten in over their heads, I liked this film very much. Did you ever get the sabre effects finished? the one I saw you hadn't had quite enough time to get them done?

8. Ricky_Calrissian

Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2008
    Thanks a bunch, means a lot to me. We are actually rushing to get the roto done right now in time for a film fest, if anyone wants to help there's like eight shots left we need done: http://raelliott.com/rvsb2-roto/